Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 21 days before the Round Up a few bloody marys and a dare

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailhead terry, Apr 9, 2019.

1. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Me and my Friend were siting around the shop checking out my 57 Ranchero its all apart it came with a 412 Windsor and a t56 6 speed . Stephen told that motor should go in a Gasser I had my sons 62 IMG_5118.JPG [/ATTACH] IMG_5112.JPG falcon we built 8 years ago complete with 3 on the tree and a hot water 6 .So I brought to the shop and we have been jamming on it tonight we fired it up . Man it shakes the ground .I am driving from Hawkins to Austin excuse the raw edges but this is a hot rod and it was built for fun and its going to be !!

AndersF, Stogy, shortypu and 4 others like this.
  2. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Well I made it and it was fun 700 mile later my distributor gear gave up 40 miles from the house but parts ordered back on the road this weekend here is the car broke IMG_5122.JPG

Tim, loudbang, AndersF and 2 others like this.
  3. Terry we checked out your car t the Roundup. It is a sweet little car. Those rough edges made it cooler.

King ford and loudbang like this.
  4. Very cool Falcon!

loudbang likes this.

5. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

How about a video clip so we can hear it shake the ground!!

loudbang likes this.
  6. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Well as soon as my distributor gear and I am also pulling the high volume oil pump out and replacing it with a normal pump it should come back to life this weekend I will record that 412 cackle fest I have some mustang quarter repair panel coming to flare the rear wheel radius the I going to spot repair the car and reshoot the white

loudbang likes this.
  7. Nice first gen bird!
    Good effort on the thrash.
    How does she ride way up in the air on the highway?

King ford and loudbang like this.
  8. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Rode really good at 90 on a smooth road !!

loudbang and King ford like this.
  9. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

I'll bet that was a smooth STRAIGHT road!....I don't believe I'd want to try cornering too quickly with her but DAMN she's a sweet " straightshooter " as us " roundyround" guys call em! ...and I'm REALLY GLAD you kept FORD power in it !

loudbang likes this.
  10. tbirddragracer

tbirddragracer

Terry,
    Looked at your car at LSR on Friday. Good landing spot for the motor and trans
    that I have been walking around and stumbling over in my shop for more than fifteen years.
    Great car.
    What's the Ranchero going to get for a motor?
    Ernie

loudbang likes this.
  11. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Ernie Its a sin but a 6.2 LSA out of a CTSV Cadillac 630 hp with a 6 speed automatic stock looking outside but carrying a big stick I want to do cruising the coast with the ranchero if don't go back to building chevys there going to think I am a ford guy I have a 32 with a 347 and 5 speed now a falcon 408 Windsor and a 6 speed I will have to admit they are fun I tried to get my kid to build a gasser 9 years ago when we restored the falcon now I am building him a 48 Willys truck supper low with a 350 350 combo he just wants a driver I pulled a 324 olds rocket out of it that was put in that truck in 62 it will go in my model A roadster soon

loudbang likes this.