Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Custom Auto Radiator - New Jersey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cederholm, Apr 14, 2019.

1. cederholm

cederholm

Hey guys, I need a radiator for my 8BA in a model A build. Has anyone used Custom Auto Radiator in New Jersey? https://www.customautoradiator.com/

I like that they are a (somewhat) local shop and their website indicates that they have the experience.

Also, and I WILL search the HAMB, but since you're here... any preference for core thickness? I'm looking for maximum cooling that takes up minimum space. I'll be running full hood and mechanical fan and I don't want to mess with the firewall unless I have too.

Thanks,
    Carl

2. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I haven't used them lately, but a few years ago, I had them build several radiators for me. One was for a 34 Terraplane, very complicated bracketry, unusual inlet/outlet size and location. They did a great job! They have done a few other custom, or hard to find rads for me as well.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

I've had one of their radiators in my Coupe and have had no problems with it. I would use them again.

4. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

They were in business back in the 1980s when I lived in that area so they are not newbies in the radiator business. They came to one of our club meeting and we were all favorably impressed. They were also reps for various street rod products and I bought my Vintage AC system from them. I did not buy a radiator and don't remember if anybody else did.

5. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They built the copper/brass radiator in my flathead '32; over 20 K miles and no problems. Also custom built one for my BBF '40. Very high quality, and they will work with you on modifications if needed. :cool:

6. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes did my 31 (49 flathead) & 32 (350), very satisfied ! He will help size it for you.

7. cederholm

cederholm

Very helpful all - thank you!

~ Carl

8. rlsteel

rlsteel

they did one for a 27 chevy with a sbc 25 years ago it was perfect brackets and all.

9. cederholm

cederholm

Coming back to this thread. So I bit the bullet and had Chuck and team build me a radiator. It will be while before I can install/test it, but the quality and workmanship are top-notch and he was great to work with. Very happy I went with them and as always, extra proud to use locally-crafted hardware!!

~ Carl