Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Juliano's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the-stig, Apr 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup, and a plane may crash into the highway as I pass the airport. I accept the risk based on my situational awareness, as in I always monitor mirrors, surroundings, etc. I also live where there's almost no traffic during my commute hours. Rural areas where the biggest fear may be a deer or someone's dog (why I'm a slo-poke). Why the risk? Pain. Compression is the worst thing I can endure and too much at any given time could lay me up for 1-3 weeks. I don't lift heavy shit alone and don't jump off of tailgates or flatbed trucks any more. I don't advocate anyone to follow my lead, and with 5 years of crash and safety testing for a major OEM in my resume' I get it. And once again there's belts in my hot rod, so there's that...

2. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Laphroaig, Oban, McCallan, Glenfiddich, Lagavulin. It's all good. Now, if I just remember to tighten up my seat belt when I get behind the wheel;)

3. Marcia Juliano

Marcia Juliano

I am the owner of Juliano's Hot Rod Parts and have been following the thread "Juliano's". I figured it's time I responded in an attempt to set the record straight.
    We reached out to "The-Stig" by phone a few days ago to address his concerns directly. He is correct that we drop-shipped his seat belts directly from the manufacturer because we didn't have the color he wanted - red wine - in stock. We also shipped our Juliano's heavy duty installation hardware kit directly to him from our shop in Ellington, CT. "The-Stig" took advantage of our online special and both packages went to him with "Free Shipping". Unfortunately, a mistake was made at the manufacturer (Seatbelt Solutions) and he received an incorrect part. We notified the manufacturer promptly and they sent him the correct part and a call tag for the return. The return went back to Seatbelt Solutions factory in Jupiter, FL.
    "The-Stig" went online, typed in Seatbelt Solutions and the first thing that appeared was Seatbelt Solutions in bold blue letters. But if he had checked the URL he would have realized that he was actually on Seat Belts Plus website. Looking at their products, the closest thing to the item he purchased from us was indeed less expensive but contained no hardware, did not have the same retractor, had no retractor cover, the plastics on the red wine belts would have been black not matching his red wine webbing and they would have charged him for shipping.
    The product we sell is made specifically for Juliano's with parts we know our customers care about like matching plastics when available, full cover retractors that look finished when installed and our 3-point belts come with our award-winning, heavy duty hardware included. Purchased separately that hardware sells for $35 per person.
    To set the record straight to all of you reading this, Seatbelt Solutions is the factory making safety belts in Jupiter, FL. They are equipped to fully test the belts and sew in their label that designates that they meet required FMVSS 209/302 certification and it identifies them as the manufacturer. Seatbelt Solutions does not sell their product to the public. We buy some of our seat belts from them and also from another seat belt factory located in the USA.
    We have been in business for 50 years this year serving the automotive and hot rod industries and have been selling seat belts for probably 30 years from our stocked warehouse in CT and at shows. We answer our phones with knowledgeable staff that can help you pick the right seat belts for your needs and you can check out our website www.julianos.com for many "how-to install" articles.
    Now, Seat Belts Plus also purchases seat belts from Seatbelt Solutions. They are a competitor of ours. They have been advertising in the hot rod industry and have paid dearly for top positioning on the internet.
    Once we pointed out these differences to "The-Stig" he went online during our phone call and realized he had been in Seat Belts Plus website thinking he was on Seatbelt Solutions website.
    Thanks to those of you who pointed out the truths about this subject. Make sure you are comparing "apples to apples" when shopping for parts and don't get tripped up when on the internet or what I call the "Wild Wild West"!
    And, please drive safely!
    My Best Regards, Marcia

4. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Honesty and truth, will always win out in the end!
    Thank you for both Marcia!
    KK

5. alchemy

alchemy

Thoughtful, calm, and concise response from Juliano's. Bravo!

6. town sedan

town sedan

Thank you Marcia for coming on here and addressing this thread.
    Retail can look simple to those who only buy, but some of us appreciate the hard work you and others like you put into this passion of ours. Thank you again.
    -Dave

gimpyshotrods and Marcia Juliano like this.
  7. finn

finn

And now we have “The Rest of the Story”.

8. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Outstanding, and upstanding. I would buy from Juliano's.

gimpyshotrods and Marcia Juliano like this.
  9. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

This is the very reason I have my customer order parts that I`m not familiar with. I am not an internet shopper. I buy from established companies like Juliano`s(which I have ordered parts from). If a good product is delivered, I will be a repeat customer. Not because of free shipping. Or because it is cheaper. It is cheaper for a reason. Some people never seem to figure this out. They brag about saving a few bucks. And seat belts is one product I would not skimp on. And please do not install them with hardware store brand bolts.

Marcia Juliano likes this.
  10. 47ragtop

47ragtop

I ordered seat belts for my 40 from Julianos last year . I don't wear my glasses when I should and ordered the belts on the line below the color I wanted. Juliano's sent me an email confirming my order but I was too dumb to read it and see I ordered the wrong color. When I received them I called and explained what happened and they sent out the correct color before receiving the first set back !! HOW'S that for service . Would I buy again from Juliano;s ---- You bet your ass I would !!! Later Bill

11. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

See? See? Makes me wanna remove my race belts! Ok, maybe not, but I sure respect that response. Now about that single malt...

Marcia Juliano and KevKo like this.
  12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

The internet, WalMart and people with a "bottom line pricing" mentality as their sole criteria for product choices are to blame for many of todays' consumer whining.
    I've stated this before but people should put as much effort into the pre-purchase as they do after the fact, I guess everybody wants to be a keyboard cowboy type product reviewer.
    As has been said "ya steps up to the window and ya takes your chances".
    I doubt you will find a better vendor than Julianos, it's their level of service that most people nowadays, both customers and business owners have lost sight of.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got to agree with DDDenny in that we have far too many "what's the cheapest" guys around rather than guys asking who has a quality product with great service all though the sale.
    Glad to see the Response from Marcia Juliano clearing things up too. That right there tells me that I will be placing an order with her company rather than someone else when the time comes.

Marcia Juliano and olscrounger like this.
  14. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have ordered many parts from Juliano's over the years and just had a friend order a steering wheel for his 39 woody from them. The products are top notch. Was the wheel expensive? You bet but the quality is superior to others I have seen.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  15. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have bought at least 4 sets of belts from Juliano's and have always found the quality to be first rate and the pricing to be fair. Their shoulder harness retractors are much better than darn near all of the early OE retractors. They will continue to be my vendor of choice for seatbelts and other accessories.

Marcia Juliano and Hnstray like this.
  16. Good for you Marcia, for setting things straight. Keep providing the quality products that you are known for. don't worry about the cheapskates, they would rather buy price, and not quality.

17. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ahh, Ellington!

I used to have family on Kibbie Road, about dead-even next to the airport.

18. Dangerousdan

Dangerousdan
    from Arizona

All this is true . I have found it here on this sight that when you purchase an item you expect that the seller will be shipping as soon as your check is cashed. Not true. I will not be doing any business with this person again. My $0.02

19. town sedan

town sedan

Sort of cryptic dan. Are you saying you won't do business with Julianos, or someone else?
    -Dave

20. 5window

5window

My dad always said,"I don't have a problem with people who sell or work for less. They should know what they're worth." That being said, and price aside, there can be more than one quality manufacturer. Sometimes, you have to figure in name, advertising, privilege of owning that brand and other overhead items. Price should never be the sole factor. And, good luck to Juliano's. My dad also said," you're only as good as how you treat the next customer".

21. 392

I went with julianos on belts, couldn’t have been better.

22. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

You get what you pay for.....been doing business with Juliano's for all my seat belts. When I purchased a 60 Ford 2dr wagon I found quite by accident that Bob had the same love for the wagons as I. He spent several hours on the phone talking about the cars and sold me many parts and shipped some free that we discussed. He didn't have to do any of that, he was a true "hot rodder" interested in helping anyone and everyone that needed it. It appears his remaining family are continuing the tradition with superior service and parts.

23. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've got their belts in 3 of my cars, along with a custom column in my '32. Great company and products. :cool: