Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1937 Ford V8 Panel Delivery (77-820)

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by nobby, Apr 11, 2019.

1. nobby

nobby

hello need help in title application
    what does the (77-820) refer to
    thanks
    https://uk.wheelsage.org/ford/model_77/

what other information is required when applying for a title?
    thank you

weight?
    color
    motor size

?????????

2. 77-820 is the Ford designated model number. Do you have any gear head buddies over there that have imported/licensed a vehicle that was imported? Good luck with your project. Tim

3. rusty valley

rusty valley

as stated by tim ^ above thats the model number, note he has model 40-760 in his signature, thats fords model number for the 34 tudor in his avatar. i've never seen it used for any title or other legal forms, it was just a general ID for getting parts. the serial numbers will be on the top of the transmission, and on top of the left frame rail near the steering box usually, but sometimes further to the front near the crossmember

4. alchemy

alchemy

Here in Iowa I was transferring a California title for a '40 Ford coupe. The clerk at the treasurer's office asked what model it was and held out the book she had that listed every single model of car from horsedrawn to modern times. I looked down the 1940 Ford section until I found a Standard Coupe number (I forget what the number was) and pointed to that one. She said OK and put that model number on my Iowa title.

Now, over in England that probably don't have the book with US production cars, but the clerk still may like to put that number on your title if available.

My clerk then asked what color the car was, and I said "rust". But we decided "black" was probably a better color so she wrote black. If I ever finish the car I can get the color changed next time I renew the plates.

5. 42merc

42merc

Click on to the Early Ford V8 Club site, & in their index you will find the description for the number you have.

6. nobby

nobby

7. alchemy

alchemy

I see 78-80C.