Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Hey all,

Just the standard intro here. Former U.S. Army maintenance Warrant Officer now located in Northeast North Dakota, Have a 53 Customline 2 door with the original Flathead V8. While she runs and drives well enough, she does need work and I will be spending time over the next couple of years to whip her back into shape for long haul cruising.

My plan is to go through everything on her and then take my daughters on a long Old School road trip down Route 66 and back.

Given that, you'll probably get a lot of hokey ass questions from me that are focused on durability and reliability improvements or modifications to do to the mechanicals, which I am sure will be met with plenty of smart ass remarks that are of the "Yeah put in a Chevy motor" or "Yeah don't run a flathead" etc. which is fine, lord knows that I developed thick skin in the motorpool.
    I'm not looking to stand her on her bumper or lay rubber or anything like that, just good, reliable, cruising power. Hoping to learn from folks and get some ideas.

Anyhoo, basic gist of things in a nutshell.

MD53Ford likes this.
  2. welcome to the board ....

JP with the Five-3 likes this.
  3. rs57

rs57
    from oklahoma

Welcome from Oklahoma
    Good luck with your project