Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Keystone Kustomag?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by midnightrider78, Apr 11, 2019.

1. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

I am hoping to get a little info on these wheels.

I believe these are known as Keystone Kustomags based on the old ads I have seen. Is that correct? They have been upstairs in the garage since the car they were on was totaled in 1969. Is there such a thing as being able to re-rim the bent up wheel? Or is that just not done on account of safety and/or cost? Is the one good wheel of value or is it just the centers that have some value?

I will be right up front and acknowledge that the reason I am trying to figure out more about them is because I am going to be selling them for my folks.

Thanks DSCN4048.JPG

2. Being also truthful.....I would just trash it,fotget it as un fixable

Hnstray and kidcampbell71 like this.
  3. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

That's what I was figuring. I was just hoping someone would tell me otherwise. Haha.

4. 54vicky

54vicky

as 32 said no the cost if possible would probably far exceed the value.

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

are they 15x4? those are pretty valuable .... also those 3 bar spinners are pretty rare too...

Vanness likes this.
  6. wvenfield

wvenfield

I'd sell the one (yes someone will be interested in it) and give them the other. That is too far damaged to fix. Or you could scrap it and sell the spinner. Yes. someone would be interested in just that also.

7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Boy are they ever!
    Mark, I bought a 64 Chevelle 2 dr wagon about 1973 that came with a pair of them, I have never seen any more since, I actually traded them to a guy for a pair of 15x4" Ansen Sprints.

Moriarity likes this.
  8. RDR

RDR

Garden Hose Hanger...

midnightrider78 likes this.
  9. Yep, the one is a hose hanger at best, but the spinners and other wheel are worth money. Not a ton, but some...

10. 26Troadster

26Troadster

those look like the keystone classics

Hnstray likes this.
  11. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

They are 14x6. I figured if the wheels weren't really worth anything themselves, I'd pull the spinners off and sell them.

Moriarity likes this.
  12. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

I might be interested in both with the spinners.

13. yeah. HRP

14. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

They appear to have been the forerunner to the Klassics. The two big differences are that the edges of the spokes on these were left grey instead of painted black. The other is that god awful ugly ring or hoop around the ends of the spokes where it fastens to the rim that the later wheels had. These do not have that ring while most(with the exception of some early ones) of the Klassics did have the ring.

Here is a pic of these wheels when they were nearly new.
    Mercury.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

I would be interested in them.

16. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

PM me

17. Wheeliedave

Wheeliedave

I believe you are correct 26Troadster. I bought a set of them (4) in the spring of 1966 and put them on my '66
    Fairlane 2dr hardtop. They have polished aluminum spokes and a chrome rim. Later Keystone mags had chrome wheels and spokes and were called Keystone Kustomags.
    If I were you, I would keep the good wheel even if it just becomes a wall hanger.
    By the way, the set I bought are still being used on the same Fairlane I had then and still have today !

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

midnightrider78 likes this.
  18. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

The Mercury in the pic is long gone. But, I do still have that tach on the shelf in my garage.