Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Does you significant other have a hot rod or custom?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Yeah Danny it's the same car. It's went through two chassis two sbc's and two, 389s

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  2. Wife drives a newish semi hot rod. A red ‘94 S-10 SS pickup lowered with Beltech suspension and tuned port motor.

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

No one but me.

ladyhrp and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I have nothing to contribute here other than my appreciation of how cool this little T build is! Is that a vintage Ice Cream Truck box on the back too?

5. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

My wife wants to join the fun, we just haven't found the right car for her yet.

6. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

Now you made me blush.

Ron Funkhouser and 41rodderz like this.
  7. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

My wife has a CTS V with a 2.9 liter supercharger full length headers and borla exhaust 635 hp at the rear wheels shes the fastest grand maw in our community I am building her a 48 cadi fast back soon

8. BFXJason

BFXJason

This is hers - not done yet but getting there. Mild small block Ford with an AOD and 9".
    IMG_5530cp.jpg

9. That's going to be nice. HRP

chryslerfan55 and BFXJason like this.
  10. Mike

Mike

My wife Mary has an OT 64 1/2 Mustang coupe.

11. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

pendants - 1.jpg My avatar is my wife car. The story is from Scotty Gossens book "Americas coolest station stationwagons" I hope he doesn't mind the plug.

12. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Just so everyone is clear on this, just because Danny is asking if your wife has a hot rod , it is not a free pass to post off topic modern car photos

chryslerfan55, HOTRODPRIMER and XXL__ like this.
  13. 42˚18'N 83˚09'W

42˚18'N 83˚09'W

Starting at 15 years old I've always been attracted to a good looking guy in a great looking car. I was lucky enough to snag the very best....he had it all, and still does more than 55 years later. Starting with our 1st DD, a 66 mustang,....289 4 speed that our daughter now owns.... I've yet to be beaten off a light in any 5 of our currant hot rods. I love the look on a young kid when they see this "old lady" step out of a cool car. I know just what they're thinking "what a waste"....We travel everywhere, all the time in a hot rod. I always say you look only as good as your accessories! Sooz (the Mrs.)

14. haileyp1014

haileyp1014
    from so cal

Not even a PT Cruiser?

15. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I'm afraid to ask if she thinks it's hers..........................................

16. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Opp's sorry she has a 32 5 window a 33 3 window a 29 on 32 rails and a 48 cadi because she owns all mine lol and a falcon gasser

17. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

My wife comes from a car family, though not really into our type of rods and customs. Prior to me meeting her she had a jacked up and modified F-150 and her mom had a 2007 Roush 427R mustang. When I met her in law school I was driving a customized shitbox '63 Fairlane and she'd ride in on her Harley, without me knowing her and I had the weird vehicles on campus. We've since sold our bikes, but a few years ago she expressed some interest in having a custom, so I told her to pick one out and we'd build it, with two caveats; no 4 doors and no wagons. She found a really pristine 59 Edsel Ranger 2 door hardtop project that I've been working on and will hopefully be done sometime before I die of old age. She's not a diehard geared or anything, but she won't think twice about getting behind the wheel of whatever.

18. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

When we were 20 somethings, we had a 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery. It had a 327, 4 barrel, auto, A/C and was fully upholstered front to back. We were married, bought stuff together and have been buying cars ever since. It was and has been the agreed upon buying anything method, without talking to the other. We both made decisions to fit the "us against them" philosophy. She liked the idea of old cars, power and comfort, combined with cool sounds.

The sedan delivery had an extra sound chamber in the back along with two 6x9 speakers, so that fit the bill. She drove it to the store, shopping, and to our parent’s houses. Sometimes, she drove down the coast to make the long drive to my mom’s old house in Long Beach, and elsewhere when she felt like it.
    upload_2019-6-9_4-44-26.png
    For her choices, it was driving the 65 El Camino, a 62 Corvair or the 40 Ford Sedan Delivery. She had driven a zillion miles in the El Camino, so the sedan delivery offered a new challenge. Plus, who wouldn’t want to see a girl driving the red, sedan delivery instead of a Corvair Coupe? By this time, she only drove the old Corvair in emergencies. It was on its way out.

Jnaki

She has always like convertibles, but open roadsters or RPU were not her idea of comfort cruising up and down the coast. Plus, the back of the sedan delivery offered privacy when we needed to stop at those plentiful campgrounds or beach camping areas.

But, for all of the times she drove the 1940 Ford Sedan Delivery everywhere, she grew to dislike the rear area. That right rear panel area created a blind spot that even with outside mirrors, was totally blind as far as she could see, or not see. Soon, she only drove in the day, then only, when her Corvair conked out, or it was the only vehicle in the garage. The lesser of two evils.

I started to see a pattern and then I started to get the same picture. Day time driving could be handled with the outside mirror, but the night time driving was utterly blind. So, we both decided to get something else that would allow all around, clear vision, have plenty of power, be useful in hauling plants, groceries, Harley motorcycles, and lumber. That called for another El Camino with air conditioning.

As much as she used to like hot rods and cool cruisers, she said she is still looking for the right car (convertible) for us. Our final house choice limit us to a two car garage, so it is a trade off of sorts. New cabinets, new floor, new paint, wiring, all of the old junk disposed of in the local trash pick up service, but it still is for two reliable daily drivers.

There is no space for another hot rod or cruiser and, no need for a third car garage...Unless of course, she gets the "women power" buying mode and goes all out on the next purchase. (despite that strong buying power urge, she would ask me if it is a good purchase in a convertible with lots of power...) She has her own "13 sec" powerful driver for granddaughter duties and just driving around in comfort.

19. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Theresa doesn’t have a car, but would love to have a 69 Nova. Not HAMB material but still would be a nice car for her

20. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

My wife has an off topic camaro ss. Her folks have a 55 hardtop that will be hers for $1 when they feel that are through with it.

21. Jeff J

Jeff J

This is hers ! Had some pinstriping done on it 1934 ford 008.JPG 1934 ford 003.JPG

22. Cree

Cree
    from Montana

Nancy sold her '68 427 Camaro and her bucket list called for a tri-five truck next. After 3 years searching she found this '57 in the Bay Area and drove it home to Montana. The Force is strong in this one.
    57chevy1_72.jpg

23. Retrorod

Retrorod

Her Grandmother owned a dairy in the 1920s, the box is a replica of the 1923 milk truck grannie had. The Escondido Dairy is long gone now.

patmanta likes this.