Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Cheap shipping. Fastenal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mitchell Rish, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Just FYI. I shipped a large crate /loaded with trans and about half a dozen other items cheap from MS to CT using Fastenal. They were professional, courteous, helpful ,unloaded pallet, and had all the paperwork ready for me to finish. Did I mention I was in and out in about 15 min total.
    Asked the guy how big could they ship. His reply was an entire trailer load if it was warranted. They were very reasonable and helpful. Go online and follow the directions. Get a quote in about a day. Quote is good for 30 days. Even let me change /choose between drop sites /pick up sites no charge.
    Nice people to deal with.
    Mitch

2. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Good to know, I like my local store, didn’t know they shipped stuff.

3. Mitchell Rish

Mitchell Rish
    from Houston MS

Yep. About 1/2 or better than ups or fedex from what I can tell.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There have been several threads on it. I'm thinkin that there is a size limit that equals what can fit on a standard pallet = fits in with the rest of the load and can be loaded/unloaded with the hand truck/forklift.

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

VERY good people to deal with, and they handled all sorts of little problems I thought would be all mine! I was looking forward to having to get rid of a couple hundred pounds of scrap wood...they just told me they had a dumpster for that...AND that THEY would get it all over to the dumpster! THEN they saw me removing 987 drywall screws with a screwdriver (Hey, I only have HAMB appropriate tools!) and someone ran out and handed me an ELECTRIC driver! Hey, what'll they invent next? First a man on the moon, now a motorized screwdriver!
    And all moving of the pallet...a huge slab with about half a Model A spread out like an assembly diagram...was handled by their forklift guy. I almost asked if they would strip everything and prime it...

Moriarity likes this.
  6. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I have shipped from the store in Rock Springs, Wyoming. Great people, very nice and very helpful.

7. I shipped my roadster pickup project (disassembled body only) from Seattle to middle-of-nowhere Wisconsin for $160. They even loaded it on my trailer. Only requirement is that it has to be in a box, or they won't insure it. Oh, and they only ship from one Fastenall store to another Fastenall store.

8. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

We had a horrible time getting some parts shipped from San Francisco last year. Like they didn’t even know the service existed. The seller out there made a half a dozen trips before it finally shipped. Have used them from other locations without issues.

9. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A couple of things to remember about Fastenal. 1. not all locations have forklifts so if you're shipping something that needs a forklift check both the shipping and receiving location. 2. They don't ship from/to all locations depending on how loaded their trucks are at least that was the case when I inquired about shipping from SoCal to I believe Colorado IIRC.

10. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Thanks for the info . I have heard about them before but keep forgetting about them. The added posts are full of some good information also.

11. That is true. They only ship things when they have space available on their trucks. They're not going to make room for your stuff to go.

12. bct

bct

no shipping at all. Canada wide

13. I tried to ship 2 tires mounted on steel wheels thru Fastenal a few months back. Filled out the forms on their website and received this as a response, so definitely no guarantee they will ship your items.
    "Thank you for the opportunity to quote. Unfortunately, due to extreme capacity issues, Fastenal is unable to offer Transportation Services into the States of Colorado or California at this time.
    We are unable to quote this shipment."

14. shipped a door and front end with them a while back, excellent service

15. I've not had any trouble so far
    But I make it easy on the loading dock guys, build a sturdy crate, secure the stuff well and mark it on 5 sides with from to recipient,their address, and this end up fragile,don't stack, heavy this end,
    Shipped some big stuff cheap with no problems

16. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For anything other than parcels it's the smartest, most professional, and without a doubt most reasonably priced way to go. I have Fastenal within a 10 minute drive so a no-brainer.

17. earlymopar

earlymopar

Absolutely does not need to be on a standard size pallet. I've sent transmissions and engines on pallets just slightly larger than the items being shipped. The largest shipment I've had was 2 separate pallets that I made and both at least double-size of a standard pallet. On the pallets was an almost complete (basket-case) 37' Dodge pickup that was sent from Oregon to Maine.

- EM