Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Another A spring question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyardgenius, Apr 10, 2019.

1. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

I,m building a 34 coupe here with a model A rear spring. I want to raise the back end up about an inch. I have some spare leaves here, was just wondering whether to add a couple to see if would come up enough? Can I add to the top of he pack to move the spring down? 43253822-A2E7-4F49-B774-DF0E9D8E7996.jpeg

akoutlaw likes this.
  2. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Sounds like a good plan as a first step.
    Don't forget to report back on the results.

3. F&J

F&J

yes

Bear in mind that once you start your first test drives on all types of roads & bumps, (and if you want the back end to ride as nice as possible)...then you most likely will have to experiment with adding or subtracting leaves, which will change the ride height yet again. I know it sounds like a pain, but it's worth it to me. Also, soft rear shocks are better for a car like that with so little weight back there.

4. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

I used 1/4” thick strapping the width of the spring and shaped to top of spring. I stacked as needed to get height. The only problem was getting the U-bolts long enough to clamp it down. Be sure to make to make them long enough to go past clamps. That way you don’t have to add extra leaves and get a stiff ride.

48fordnut likes this.

5. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

Thanks guys, hope to get on this next week.