Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Electrical plug in connectors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blue One, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

What's wrong with the ones used on every new car? We use weather pac on our race car. Available in several wire size.

Stogy likes this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@Blue One I used the ones from west marine. They shrink down real nice after crimping

Blue One and Stogy like this.
  3. Ok Guys, look up a place called Terminal Supply. They have a website and a location in St. Louis, and are headquartered in Michigan. EVERYTHING they have is top quality, it’s they type of place where, if we won the lottery, we would all want everything in their catalog. This is where we get supplies for our truck shop.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Truck64, Blue One and Stogy like this.
  4. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

[

[​IMG][/QUOTE
    Okay, these are cool but where do you order them. I found them from an on-line Chinese website but unable to order there. Ideas?

Stogy likes this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:... @LM14 @Hotrodmyk has a question above for you to shed some light on.

I am curious myself...are those colored covers hard plastic. Do you fellas slide the cover off solder and slide cover back on instead of crushing it all? Or can you cover of crush and reinstall cover? Does the plastic wedge into the other when put together?...

6. Found a kit on amazon...

Bullet Butt Connectors, Sopoby 100pcs Assorted Insulated Female & Male Crimp Wire Terminals Brass, 22-16 AWG, 5 Colors

Price: $10.59

• Material: Brass; Colors: Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Black
    • Comply with all Relevant European Standards
    • Connector Size: 0.5-1.5mm² /22-16 AWG cable; Max Current=19A
    • Package Included: 100pcs---50 x Female(10pcs/color) + 50 x Male(10pcs/color) 【All colors are in same sizes.】

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  7. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

@milwscruffy Thanks for the info. There is only one size range offered however (22-16 AWG).

8. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

I found some at a Radio Shack when they were everywhere. It was a soft sleeve and you crimped it and it rebounded to shape. Worked great. I just grabbed that picture because it looked like what I used several years ago. I also got some at my local NAPA store that had no sleeve on them. I soldered those and used heat shrink for them.
    SPark

Stogy likes this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank LM...So many options. Most of the time its best to see them on the shelf...as opposed to pics and limited descriptions.

Blue One likes this.
  10. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

And I’m still looking :D
    But I’ll find what I need once I get the wires in place and figure out what that is :D

Stogy likes this.
  11. I usually discard the cover, crimp or solder the connector and then cover it with heat shrink tubing. I just can't stand all those colors.

Stogy likes this.
  12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I got the headlight buckets wired up and ended up using some Grote heat shrink bullet connectors.
    They’re nice quality and glue lined so once you crimp and shrink them they’re there for good.

They connect nicely and I’ll be able to get the wires out of the 1/2” holes in the grille shell and headlight buckets if needed in the future. :cool:

5E6B2B91-A7E2-497D-AE2B-EEFE9159BFCD.jpeg 6A1A76E4-1816-4008-A1D4-C9E475032F33.jpeg

Hotrodmyk, Stogy and mgtstumpy like this.