Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Where is it??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 26hotrod, Apr 7, 2019.

1. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

In the Oct. '93 issue of Rod&Custom mag pg112 ,Pete and Jake introduced a 1933 3/w coupe as the Viper Coupe. It had a bbc, full hood, with Eric Vaughn and ET111 wheels. It seems to have left the planet. Anyone know where it's at???

2. Probably going to have to do better than describing the car, remember a picture is worth a thousand words. HRP

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  3. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

HRP when it comes to posting pictures on the HAMB I am speechless. That's why I mentioned the R&C article. I am not giving up just haven't got it together yet...……..

4. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

chevy57dude thanks for posting the pics. You nailed it...……...

chevy57dude likes this.
  5. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Are those '34 doors?

6. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

The R&C article said the body is a glass 33. Gibbon Viper Coupe. Don't know if they make it anymore or not...…...

7. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Somebody on here knows where this car is. It was for sale a couple years ago and then disappeared . I would like to talk to the owner...……….

8. 383stroker

383stroker
    from Roscoe, SD

The current Pete and Jakes catalog has a very similar looking car in it

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

Call Jason at Pete & Jakes ..I remember it sitting in the showroom . I know they sold some of the Viper packages. I had started to buy one of them when they first came out but I had just finished my 55 chevy. Jason should be able to answer any questions . If I remember rolling chassis and body was like 17-18,000.00

horsepwrjunkie likes this.
  10. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

papa's 39 koop thanks for the info. I will give Jason a call. I always liked the hood and front end treatment on Viper koop especially the panels below the hood...……..

11. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Talked to Jason @ PETE&JAKES a few min. ago, he said the Viper Coupe is in the area and would give the owner my name and number. P&J delivered again...………..

12. horsepwrjunkie

horsepwrjunkie

Just ran across this thread online. This was my fathers car for several years actually and we drove the wheels off it! I remember driving this to high school numerous times (luckiest teenager in the world) and hot rod nationals all over central USA. It never once saw a trailer we drove it like a true hot rod. Hope to buy it back someday I’m back in KC area I hear it’s still local.

Tman, Budget36, Desoto291Hemi and 3 others like this.
  13. horsepwrjunkie

horsepwrjunkie

4D5330AF-5455-41C0-BAD0-B6348513AA32.jpeg
    This was back in 2007. Nova we built and is still mine and was one of first car shows we cruised together to.

stanlow69, Tman, harpo1313 and 2 others like this.
  14. Scott Danner

Scott Danner

horsepwrjunkie- I bought the car from your parents. Nice People. The Nova was in the garage when I bought the Viper I believe. Went from P&J to Jeff City and back to KC.

15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Another "W" in the HAMB column and Pete and Jakes nailed "the look" too!
    It may not fall under the current "traditional" mindset here but the tire/wheel combo really makes the car in my eyes.
    I helped a friend do a tire/wheel makeover just like that on his 32 three window some years back and it really transformed the car.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  16. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I'd say the look is Lobeck/Ohio. A little on the exaggerated side. But that is right up my alley.

Just Gary likes this.
  17. @26hotrod , just wanted to bring your attention back to this thread.

18. AMAZING story again!

19. horsepwrjunkie

horsepwrjunkie

Scott - I actually have moved to KC area recently after moving all over the country past several years. If you ever offer the chance for me to come see this car again I would gladly buy you dinner! It has been a very long time and picture of that car has been on my office desk since I graduated college in 2012. Would be cool to see again!

kidcampbell71 likes this.