Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Lever action shocks and more

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DeltaBravo(DB), Apr 9, 2019.

1. Just throwing this out there for any of you looking to get your lever action shocks rebuilt or buy a rebuilt one, this place did mine. They do more than just shocks. Rebuilt my fronts first. One did leak after install but the guy shipped me out a replacement same day and paid for shipping both directions. Done in under a week. Rear shocks are on the way back now less than 7 day turn around and competitive pricing. Ask for Lazar.

http://www.applehydraulics.com/

Billylando likes this.
  2. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Good to know & thanks for sharing!

3. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Great info. In my small, backward town of Atwater, there are some machine shops, (2) one of which has a Sunnen CK10 hone. I took my spindles there to have my new bushings honed...(align-honed, to make sure finished bores are concentric. {that means 'parallel', for any Atwater readers that may be lurking} "Align honed?" he asked...
    He didn't know how to set the spindle, nor how to fit it.
    "I can do it, I'll still pay you the labor," I offered.
    "Oh, no, I couldn't let you touch it..."
    So. I bought a driver/hone from a friend, did 'em myself.
    I'll send my master cylinder to @Applehydraulics to be sleeved.
    Thanks, @delta!

DeltaBravo(DB) likes this.
  4. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

That's good info, I really like the vintage look of the lever shocks, do they work as good as a regular shock?

5. BETTER!

Ben

DeltaBravo(DB) likes this.
  6. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

00721FC6-CC7A-48C7-9CBD-9F4661984112.jpeg

This is an MG Midget/AH Sprite rear shock that I got from Apple Hydraulics. The mounting bracket is a wood pattern that I later cut out of 1/4” plate

7. Tell him Don From Louisiana sent you

8. Really don't know if they work as good as a regular shock yet. It will be a number of years before I actually get to drive this car. I do want it to be as completely vintage throughout as I can get it.