Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage One for the Omaha boys.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Apr 7, 2019.

1. The Wahoo swap meet was today. For the guys who live in Omaha and it's suburbs like me, it was like running a gauntlet just to get there! The Elkhorn River had been flooding for a few weeks and some of the bridges to get to Wahoo were just gone! All the local hiways were closed due to road damage except one and that road let us on a journey across damaged roads that got skinnier and skinnier until it was a pot holed street through a little town. There were no detour signs and it was still dark. The street eventually let back out onto a hiway and on to the little burg of Wahoo. In light of that I was astounded at the great turnout today.
    Only the guys that know these two guys in the photo can appreciate this photo. The guy in the front is a confirmed MoPar fanatic. Phil refuses to even acknowledge the existence of any vehicles not made by Walther P Chyrsler and yet he actually has his MoPar hands on Henry Ford sheetmetal!!! Oh, the humiliation of it all! But it gets even worse....the guy in the back is my Pontiac buddy, Dar and when cut his blood is comprised of little Indian heads in blood plasma. Dar believes Phil should be committed for his MoPar addiction and yet Dar's projects are all Pontiac except for his pickup 59 GMC project that is getting a 56 GMC front end and probably a 400 Pontiac engine.
    And yet his hands are also on Ford sheetmetal....
    As they carried the Ford hood I whipped out my cell phone and captured it for all the world to see. I was threatened with my life, making this photo all the sweeter.
    Now, to be fair, the offending 40 deluxe hood if going on the S.O.B.'s [South Omaha Boys] land speed racer, a 40 ford deluxe sedan with a heavily worked 392 Chrysler hemi motor. Phil wanted the hood so he wouldn't have to cut a hole in his good hood to prime the new [???] Hilborn injectors. He'll cut a hole in this rough hood.
    A good time was had by all and I can't wait for the fall Wahoo swap meet. DarandphilW40fordhood.jpg

2. This is the 40 racer..before the Hilborn bville40.jpg bville40_1.jpg bville40_2.jpg

402BOSSMAN and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Caught red-handed!:D;)

4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Find a print shop and have a poster made.
    Place prominently so all their buddies can see it.

5. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I also went to the Wahoo swap meet yesterday. Gary and I left Grand Island about 5:00 in the morning. No roads were out on Hwy 92 going into Wahoo. I was surprised by the turn out of vendors and buyers both. Driving back home we were surprised by the amount of debris left in the fields. It like some of the streets closed in Wahoo was caused by the flood, and several dirt roads intersecting with 92 were closed by the flood

6. esrbuilders

esrbuilders

Phil is a great guy!

7. 402BOSSMAN

402BOSSMAN

You can blame me for him cutting a hole in the Hood. The Hemi has gotta breathe! Wanted to go just was too busy.