Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Does you significant other have a hot rod or custom?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Ahotrod.nz

Ahotrod.nz

Yep that's her Green '29 A Tudor 302w powered......I built the blue '31 A Tudor 351w/Fmx when I was a kid used it for our wedding 37yrs ago and still have it....She (Wife Annmarie) drove the blue one at the drags up until she was 8 months preg with our first child. She always wanted me to chop the '31......but instead 10yrs ago we (Her 'n Me)built the Green '29 for her. We've just been on a 6 day 2,500 mile road trip in it and she drove most of the way.....[​IMG] [​IMG] .....Sorry not sure how to posts pics,hope these links work. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  2. fuzzface

fuzzface

Well I was into old cars before her so she knew what she was getting into.

My wife has multiple health problems and usually doesn't drive anymore. Technically she does own a '73 Mercedes roadster. about 20 years ago we went to an auction and the Mercedes was there. I already owned multiple cars already but I was interested in it anyways and told her if she liked it I would buy it using her account( we have separate accounts) and it could be her car. yep, she liked it so I brought it and used her account and she drove it home. I don't think I left her drive it ever again. :) when we go someplace I always drive. She loves it and still calls it her car but I chauffer her all the time. P.S. don't tell her I was going to buy it anyways, I just was hoping to use her account and it worked. :)

but she doesn't mind riding in any of my old cars except the one. She didn't mind it years ago but I just found out the last few years so I don't force her to and when we do I keep it very local and slow (technically it is anyways) just to the local tavern for lunch or such. That one is the 1919 model t speedster. I guess what bothers her is the wooden wheels, only the monocle windshield on my side, hard to stay sitting when it feels all the bumps in the road and that she has problems getting on and off of it. She is 14 years older than me and with her health problems I can understand so I take it easy with her on it.

she prefers the customs over my hot rods but she still likes riding in them all , I just have to stay off the gas on some of them but she likes the rumble feel of them. :)

3. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Yea she has a couple
    Chicks Roadster.jpg 2017 final El  Mirage.jpg MoonEyesChristmasShow2012028.jpg

4. Chrisco

Chrisco
    from Upstate NY

Yup, she's got this 1951 Ford I put together for her. It was built the same year she was. She drives it all seasons except when there's "salt" on the roads, mostly to the feed store, never to shows or events, sadly.
    IMG_1772.JPG

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife loves old cars and hot rods, but her 'baby' for the last 32-years has been her OT '71 Olds Cutlass convertible, so no pics.......

6. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

This is my better half's C10.
    1068.jpeg

7. My lady owns a 56 Oldsmobile and a 56 Chevy Bel Air. The chevy needs a motor, we have another to swap in this year. The Olds needs more work before that can hit the road

8. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

My wife has a pickup, a tractor, a couple motorcycles and a dump truck. And she can't even drive!
    julievette.jpg

9. Back in the 70's and our twin girls were little Brenda's daily driver was a 1940 Ford DeLuxe 2 door sedan with a 283 adapted to the original drive train, she drove that car for about 10 years until I sold the engine out of it to a guy restoring a 1955 Chevy and he ran the numbers and offered me crazy money(a that time) for the engine. HRP

10. Mine likes to sit in the passenger seat but has no real interest in my cars.
    She says my o/t is way too loud...…
    I'm pretty sure she would rather have me in the garage than the bar.

11. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I just bought my wife a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S, factory 383, disc brakes, 4 speed, and it's a fast back. Not that we have anything against a notch back....

She can row the six speed in my Cummins Dodge like nobodies business.... But that was after several months of manual transmission training.

Now being OT, I will be building her a 1937 Dodge 1/2 Ton pickup, and a 1937 Plymouth Panel.

My wife is awesome....

I am so glad that I am not the only one blessed with such a awesome better half.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I hope that the lovely ladies of the HAMB will consider posting a thread in regards to their cars and awesome experiences here. I have personally trained female mechanics(not parts changing technicians), that ended up surpassing a lot of the males that I trained.

Please keep the torch lit ladies!!!

Great thread, really made my day.

13. Roothawg

Roothawg

That’s my method.

14. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

It inspires everyone!!! So many people go out of their way to tell me that they saw my wife driving around one of the cars, no matter where I go... LOL

15. That's what I pulled on Brenda with the Model A pickup, she is wise to that trick now.

That was a long time ago.HRP

[​IMG]

16. Retrorod

Retrorod

Mine built her own flathead hotrod. She used A rails, old T body and a 1951 8BA with a T-5. All the pieces were her own fabrication...pretty fair welder she is.
    [​IMG]

17. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I really like your pictures that you post from your youth. @HOTRODPRIMER, @Ldyhrp, and @Ron Funkhouser inspire us.... I hope someday, after the shops are built, I can start getting my HAMB friendly cars finished up so I can drive out and meet you guys/gals....

18. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

Thank you, I have been a car gal most of my life.

This is me and the falcon that showed the girl in the 1955 chevy it wasn't as fast as she thought.

[​IMG]

19. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Love it!!! Thank you Ladyhrp!

20. j3harleys

j3harleys

7230.jpeg My wife's Fairlane. She wants to keep it nice so she don't let me drive it much. But she lets me wash and wax it'

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  21. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Yep, her dream car has always been a Fiddy-Six Bird, so I got her one. She has issues with it though, she can't drive a four-speed, and dislikes loud engines. She REALLY ain't gonna like eight 2-3/8" stacks poking thru the hood. Guess I didn't get the right 56- she doesn't want to talk about it. What to do???

52887061_332842340685874_4445070841012551680_n.jpg

22. {MEANGENE427} YOU ASKED, ;) So this is what I would do if it were me. There's nothing I like more, than for the wife or my girls to ask for their own Hot Rod. So if it is truly hers, you should build it the way she wants. I also taught my wife and girls, to drive manual transmissions. Although they don't like them for their daily drivers, they think they're fun in their Hot Hods. My youngest daughter drove the Vette, that I drove to high school to her high school also. Now it's her Hod Rod and, she's it's new caretaker. I never thought I'd be giveing marital advise.:rolleyes: lol But be glad that she loves that cool Bird and, get her involved with it's build. The time you will spend together will be priceless! Just remember she'll have FUN FUN FUN,until you build her T Bird your way! lol:) Ron.....

23. A few oldes { A family thats Hot Rods togther stays together } 128.jpg 157.jpg 400.jpg 150.jpg

24. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

My wife doesn't spend nearly as much time dreaming about another Vespa PX200 like the one she had as I do about my moribund projects. She's more likely to be dreaming of a full-frame camera and a selection of lenses. As it stands we've got the one 25-year-old "modern" – VW Golf Mk1 – between us.

25. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

That right there is one of the many reasons Danny won the lottery with you !:)

26. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I owe you an apology Lady HRP. One thread I called you Barbara.:oops:. I am really good with names , I can usually get a couple of letters right:D. So far in life I haven't got slapped but close:D

ladyhrp, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  27. Built this 1 4 my wife with a lotta help from her, let her pick the colors. 2015 34 Roadster 021.jpg

28. Lets strengthen this up. HRP

2015 34 Roadster 021.jpg

29. Ron, is this the car that became the low UFO? HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]