Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage MT Vernon Wa swap meet cancelled

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john walker, Mar 13, 2018.

1. john walker

john walker

Just talked to Eric at the fairgrounds and he said it's not happening any more. Damn, that was a decent small town meet. The organizers were getting old and it took too much effort he said. Maybe someone else can get it going next year.

2. pontman

pontman

I was hoping the motorcycle group would keep it going.

3. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Dammit, that was a good one.

4. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

How will I know when spring starts now? Sad news.

5. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

Is there a swap meet this year? I loved that swap meet. Bought lots over the years.
    I even went around to the Tulip Festival stuff and the firehall book sale. One year it was even the same day as the PACCAR open house and the LaConner parade and I went to them all in one trip.

6. Nope ...last i heard (in the club's newsletter)Mt.vernon is permantly cancelled... Just to much $$ (insurance & fairgrounds rent & fees) to put it on..

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The two primary event killers. facility rent and insurance. Fair grounds are getting so greedy and tacking on so many added costs and fees that groups can't afford it anymore in a lot of cases. It seems that fairground managers would rather let the place sit empty earning no money than give groups a reasonable price and not tack on added unnecessary fees.

8. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I always like going to that swap meet. Like Mr48chev said, fair grounds are getting greedy. Seems like that is what is happening to the Spokane meet too.