Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Purchased a 1923 crazy low tube frame 23 tbucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30essex, Apr 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I own this T Bucket now. Its a bit different looking now from the way it looks in this article but I was wondering if anyone knows the previous owners or who originally built it. I bought the car out of New Jersey but I seen it was possibly titled in Florida ounce. there is a sticker in the window that says VooDoo RODZ NJ maybe a car club out in Jersey?

https://www.tbucketplans.com/one-crazy-t-bucket/#comment-104544

This is the look the t bucket had originally...

CrazyT4.jpg CrazyT10.jpg CrazyT2.jpg
    this is how it looks now more pics are in my album also..
    DSCN3226.JPG
    DSCN3206 (2).jpg

23 T Bucket 1923 Tbucket tube frame

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Xtrom, AHotRod and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I could like this T. First thing I would do is change the radiator to something like on Kookie's T, short and fat to go with the profile of the car...…………..

X-cpe, 30essex, LM14 and 3 others like this.
  3. john walker

john walker

4. That's a nice chrome spring......except for the rust......:rolleyes:

30essex likes this.

5. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

kinda cool. any more changes?

30essex likes this.
  6. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Where's GERM when ya need him? And I don't mean the new kinder, gentler one.

7. upspirate

upspirate

So many first things.....probably the top though

30essex likes this.
  8. yeah I plan on trying to normalize it a bit lol ! I actually like that idea for the grill! I see potential so thats why I grabbed it. 1-1521832903284@2x-970x611.jpg

exterminator likes this.
  9. No just got it home but the top came off immediately. I might go for a Fred Flintstone animal skin top LOL. I kinda like the crazy about it. But I want normalize it a bit also.

bedrockabilly.jpg

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Any thought of swapping that motor for a Corvair, it would solve the radiator problem.

loudbang and Hnstray like this.
  11. There is actually a small radiator in the back also....

12. Fordors

Fordors

I know you said “.....how it looks now” but are you sure that isn’t two different cars, probably from the same fertile imagination? Some things look the same, but others do not. Just two that are quickly apparent are the body and steering.
    And regarding the steering just how much ground clearance is there for that pitman arm?

Edit- And the hits just keep on coming. Do I see two fans on the second car? Looks like a pusher and a puller on there.

13. Yes it's the same car. I found that original color of pinkish purple paint on the under side of the car and on the th400 transmission I removed and currently overhauling from the car. Also the side mounts for the exhaust the way it used to be are still in place and I see where the cowl steering was mounted. Definately the same car and the same car dealer it was purchased from all 3 times.

14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

15. Well if people didnt dig ugly stuff some of us ^ never would of been born.

raven and firstinsteele like this.
  16. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

'Touche... :D . I so hope this thread lasts... :D . It's gonna be good.

(Should've read the link 1st... :D ).

Actually, while there are a few things I don't like about it(sorta easily fixable :) )it does have a "Leg Show", or ShowRod vibe about it.

While you didn't ask, a top like Low Blow or Sunkist would work well as look right.
    I'd seriously consider layin' the rad flat, w/scoops under n twin fans on top, laid 'twixt the rails painted flat black to disappear as much as possible. A super-shortie rad shell just slightly lower than the leading edge of the cowl would cause dbl-takes.
    Scoop the carbs w/a decent AA?FA or T/F styled scoop to hide the mini air cleaners. Should help balance out the engine. Like the weedburner pipes, too.
    Please fix the steering setup to one that has correct ackerman, & better draglink application, looks like the pitman arm was lengthened, would be better as it was. Steering too slow?
    The T would look better in a bright-light color, too; as it'd show off the tube frame + the sectioned body better. & I'd chop ~1/3 of the w/s height out.

It really doesn't have bad proportions, I'm not knocking it. Looks like a very fun ride. Don't be surprised if it gets deleted from here, if so, try tbucketeer.com maybe.
    Marcus...

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to agree with Nrgwizzard. while it has some real ugly right now including what looks like the top I tacked on my T in a rain storm in the mid 70's (hope no one shows a photo of that from one of the Waco runs but it could actually be cleaned up to be a presentable show rod if you can do something with that Freightliner size radiator.

18. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

So you’re saying that you will look right at home driving the ugly creation :D
    At least you realize that :D

19. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

The term "circus wagon" comes to mind......
    SPark

20. alchemy

alchemy

A general rule in the styling of hot rods is to keep the grille/radiator lower than the cowl. How are you going to fix that?

The37Kid likes this.
  21. It has that 70’s street freak vibe.
    A different top and a rad shell would do wonders on this thing

If it where mine I would go full boat 70’s with lanterns and the whole bit.

Like an ugly chick with tight pants and lip stick

30essex likes this.
  22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'd feed it to this :D

23. Thanks for all the opinions! I dig the crazy about it. I have built many normal hotrods in my 30's and restored many normal muscle cars in my 20's and for me its time in my 40's for something more unique. This will be my first car I haven't built myself and I wanna run with it from where the previous owner left off. Lately 90% of the cars I see at shows are likes AR15's. Cookie cutter clones of each other. Some had a ton of money spent on them and some didn't but all kinda look the same kinda like that AR15 most have in their collection. Alot of Custom motorcycles are falling into this category also. There is nothing unique or custom about custom anymore. If anyone knows how to get in touch with either of the previous owners I would greatly appreciate it!

24. I might do this!

25. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

After looking at this vehicle, I would just angle or slope the radiator to be more inline with the whole concept, causing you to move the headlights outboard. That way there, you could just have one radiator big enough to cool the motor. Do something about placing the fuel tank in the rear section of the body and just call the whole thing a, "show car" and be done with it. Oh yea, get rid of that wooden top.

30essex likes this.
  26. yes sloping the radiator will need to be done. I think there is hope for the homemade grille but time will tell.

27. here a short low quality clip of it.

I think it has potential .. well see.

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

Tell us more about the cars to the left, they look like good investments.

Bob

29. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Too damn long in the front! Axle needs to be back closer to the radiator. I’d be afraid if I ran over a M&M on the road it’d leave a black mark on my ass.

30essex likes this.
  30. exterminator

exterminator

Sounds like a Bad Boy to me!:cool:

30essex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.