Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Vintage Car Show Displays

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Black_Sheep, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

With the GSTA show a week away, I'm almost ready. Due to the rules included with the acceptance letter (no adhesive or abrasive materials may be used for floor covering) I settled on some dark green indoor/outdoor carpeting which goes very well with the color of the truck. I enlisted a local sign painter to hand letter a showboard. Inspired by the dash, he used some engine turned lettering to give it a little pop. The truck has been thoroughly cleaned and detailed, looking better than it ever has, and probably ever will again. All that's left is a digital slide show of build photos that will loop on a 24" flatscreen TV.

Weather is expected to be clear and dry on set-up day so I plan to just drive it to the venue. I do have an enclosed trailer lined up in case the forecast turns to crap, but driving there will be easier and a whole lot more fun. I've been going to the GSTA show as a spectator since the mid 70's and never imagined having anything worthy of entering.

No matter the outcome, this is going to be fun...

457CC2A5-563B-4EB2-A967-68FE0C3C28EF.jpeg.jpg

El Camion Verde because "The Green Truck" sounds cooler in Spanish.

56573556_813979478988489_2046264299764056064_n.jpg

2. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your truck is perfect and the display sounds the same. As of now I plan to spectate as I have some tickets waiting, just not sure which day. So maybe we'll cross paths. Looking forward to it!