Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Charlotte Autofair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greenie-reddy, Apr 3, 2019.

1. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Kiss Winter Goodbye. We’re on the road, from Central Md to Charlotte for the Autofair. Cold and windy at home last few days, 74 and Sunny is the forecast for Thursday.
    My wife had to work in Southern MD yesterday, so I took the occasion to visit Brandywine Auto Parts just south of Waldorf. They have a huge “you pick” section. Got my son a set of window sweep seals for his “way OT Honda CR-V” for $30. It was a joy to spend a few hours in a well organized junk yard. Took me back to my youth, exploring the hidden treasures at Vogt’s Auto Parts in Finksburg, MD!
    After spending the night in Ashland, VA- we are headed down I-85 thru NC.
    If you’re set up at the AutoFair, post your space number and we’ll stop by.

Attached Files:

2. FORD FAN

FORD FAN

blue field vb41 never been a vender before. I hope to sell ( unload) some things I don't need. lol

3. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

We are in the Orange field against the fence near the tunnel - XXO 20,21,22 (Look for my buddy's gray motor home) Stop by, have a cold drink and sit a spell. Still have a few early Ford parts left.

Lee

4. Ill be roaming around looking for parts. If ya see a fat guy in a HAMB shirt say hi ! hahahhaa

Grandadeo likes this.

5. Any of you vendors happen to have Y block or FE stuff?

6. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

A couple spaces over from us is a Y-block tripower and T bird valve covers.

Lee

7. Look up HAMB member " Frames " ( Dennis Frings ) He's got some Y-Block stuff.. He advertises in the classified section here and some ads have his phone number. His shop is only a few miles from Charlotte Motor Speedway . He also may be at the Autofair. Recently he had an ad saying that he would deliver to the Autofair
    Stan

8. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

And then it rained...

But the Sun returned for Saturday.

So it was all good. On to Carlisle.

Attached Files:

9. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

It certainly is no Hershey! $5 to park and $13 per day to get into the speedway. I was there just for the sunny Thursday and left for home on the rainy Friday. Lots of Camaro and Chevy parts, and lots of junk, but very few early Ford parts. Lots of walking just to find a few early Ford parts. The cars for sale were really top quality and most were exceptionally nice.

10. Scored a really primo set of steel frt. & rear A fenders Friday...Sat out rainy Friday ,went back Saturday and scrounged up a few more goodies... Can't seem to find a useable '52-'53 Fordomatic steering column though...
    Tons of flea mkt crap there ...good early Ford stuff is rather elusive and takes some luck and digging
    Stan

11. I was pleasantly surprised at the offerings this year, the back area was soupy from the rain but still had a fun day picking

12. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Strange year. And it’s not Hershey in so many ways. First, it’s the most “social” swap meet on the planet. Three guys go together to get 5 spaces, put up a big canopy- and sell a few odd parts you could carry in a bucket. But they have 5 cases of beer. The sellers in the two outside fields are more serious. But half of them didn’t show up for the beautiful weather on Thursday. I heard someone say the green field was sold out- and sure enough- they all showed up on Friday to churn up the mud. It’s a little frustrating for the serious shopper- but it is what it is. We had a good time, walked 9.5 miles on Thursday, then went back and walked about 7 miles on Saturday. Friday? Took the wife to the Joe Gibbs Race shop and then the Childress Winery. We brought home plenty of NC grapes!

Attached Files:

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  13. Pass The Torch

Pass The Torch
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Was in the Red field as a vendor. Got in late Thu night; did very well in the rain on Fri.; not so well on Sat. IMG_4168.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

I was there on Thur. Beautiful day. I found 4 American Racing T-70 (I Think) wheels. I'm a wheel freak. He wanted a little more than I thought they were worth. Also found 2 American Racing Magnesium wheels.

15. IronTrap

IronTrap

Was there Tuesday evening-Thursday evening. Left Friday morning to avoid the rain. Only swap meet I've been to where vendors show up throughout the entire week. Shame I missed some of the vendors that only come to sell Friday-Saturday. Our group of guys still scored a pile of neat stuff. My bounty pic below!

[​IMG]

jim snow likes this.
  16. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

It was great to meet and chat with you during the Autofair Lee.

Grandadeo likes this.