Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Juliano's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the-stig, Apr 5, 2019.

Tags:
  1. I'm redoing the interior on my '56 Fairlane and ordered new shoulder harnesses from Juliano's because of their reputation. When I got my order there was a mistake and I had to return part of the order. When I got the return label, the belt didn't go back to Juliano's but to a company called Seatbelt Solutions. I went on their website and they charge $52 less for the exact same belt that I bought from Juliano's. So Juliano's bought the belts from Seatbelt Solutions and had them send them to me, a neat little $104 profit for Juliano's. Needless to say Juliano's will never see another dime from me.:mad:

dana barlow, loudbang and gnichols like this.
  2. greybeard360

greybeard360

Yup. No different than Summit, Rock Auto, 1A Auto. If you order carpet from them or anyone else it was made by AC Carpet.

loudbang likes this.
  3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Yep a good reputation seems to pay well. Send it back for a refund and buy it from the source.

dana barlow and loudbang like this.
  4. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Did you think they had a seatbelt factory in the back of the shop? Have you ever heard of Seatbelt Solutions before? Do you expect them to be in business for free? If you can find it cheaper than buy it from there , but don't dish on a solid company that has been in business and providing quality parts for decades! Larry

5. That's how retail works you buy a product from a manufacturer and resell for a profit. Kind of dumb for Juliano's to let customer know where they are buying from but downright shitty of a supplier to sell direct to customers and undercut their distributors.

mkebaird, loudbang, mrhp and 13 others like this.
  6. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

All I can say is not that long ago they did make a whole lot of stuff right under their own roof. Saw it myself. Family at the sewing machine etc. Maybe times change.

deadbeat and loudbang like this.
  7. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I've been in the classic parts business and thats the exact reason I got out of it. For example you can't buy a Stihl chainsaw from the manufacturer you buy it from the dealer, who makes a buck. It's called protected property or something like that. If Juliano' s sold it for 10% over what they paid for it they would not stay in business. Thats what I used to do because places like Danchuk would have a sale and sell the same product I was buying off of them as a Dealer for 10% more than I paid for it. They did not protect their dealer at all. Seat belt solutions should not be underselling the dealers.

Pat

8. dan31

dan31

$ 104 more?. I don't know how much belts are going for these days but that does sound excessive. Seat belt Solutions should not be under cutting their dealers but with a spread that wide maybe their going to make a play at the market directly. So if they are $104 more ,and you know Juliano's isn't paying what we are playing, how much does Juliano's really want to make off of a set of belts-damn.

patterg2003 likes this.
  9. @the-stig I see no pricing on the Seatbelt Solutions website. Are you sure that is what you were looking at as the first link that comes up when you google them is NOT Seatbelt Solutions it is SeatBeltsPlus? I have a feeling you are not comparing apples to apples here.

10. No I didn't know about Seatbelt Solutions before. No I didn't expect them to have a seat belt factory in the back but yes, I have bought from companies that produce their own products. When I buy something from a company I don't expect them to double the price on me.
    It's their right to take money for nothing and my right to be upset about it. Yes, we're still a free country.

loudbang, Hombre and INVISIBLEKID like this.
  11. Gman0046

Gman0046

Seatbelt Planet is the place for seat belts. Good prices, quick delivery. You order your color belts, length, and the type of buckle you want. Not just a parts vendor like Juliano's.

loudbang and Tomincanada like this.
  12. They are the same company, I went on Seatbelt Solutions, clicked on a belt and it opened up on the Seatbelt Plus site.
    I ordered the rear seat belts from them, my upholsterer had already modified the shoulder harnesses or I would have sent them back to Juliano's.

loudbang likes this.
  13. They are not the same company one is in Florida and one is in California. You cannot click on belts on the Seatbelt Solutions site all it gives is descriptions. You have something confused here.

Seatbelt Solutions: https://www.seatbeltsolutions.com/

SeatBeltPlus: https://www.seatbeltsplus.com/?gcli...o4Bp7BnJbcZnYkPlZ_ucO-tkzM4hqh7hoCJhEQAvD_BwE

Blue One likes this.
  14. finn

finn

Something is bogus.

Seatbelt solutions clearly states that they don’t sell direct, and you have to go through their dealer network. Sounds good.

They also state that their factory and headquarters are in Jupiter Fl., and they have two warehouses, one being in Oceanside, Ca.

Seems strange that, coincidentally, Seatbelts Plus is located in, of all places, Oceanside, Ca., and their website is set up with pricing and a shopping cart for direct sales to the end user.

Somebody’s fooling with the truth.

lothiandon1940 and jimmy six like this.
  15. I missed the warehouses. Something is definitely not on the up and up and if they are the same company I stand by my comment that they are a shitty and deceitful one that is screwing their distributors by undercutting them.

Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Blue One and s55mercury66 like this.
  16. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Wesco is my go to for belts.

17. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's called drop ship....done all the time. Only places like Summit have a warehouse big enough and they do it sometimes too.
    CP Pistons had what wanted on the shelf for our 422" Dart circle track racing engine and they are 5 miles from where I live. Unless I'm doing custom mades for my GMC they can't sell to me direct. I checked guys on the Internet until I found the cheapest price. I called an asked it was a "drop ship" order and he said yes. We made the deal with a credit card and he contacted CP for will call. Picked them up 2 hours later with no tax or shipping... Some times it works...

18. Not only the same town, Oceanside, Ca, but the same address,
    • 1338 Rocky Point Dr.
      Oceanside, CA 92056

19. Same thing happened to me with a rear end conversion to put a modern 3 inch tube rear in a 55-59 Chevy truck. Turns out to be all the stuff from a trailer supply place for $45 bucks less, you never know this stuff unless someone posts it or you look up the part numbers after you buy it unfortunately.

lumpy 63 likes this.
  20. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

That is really sad that they treat their dealers like that, pretty disreputable in my eyes.

loudbang and mrhp like this.
  21. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

No one here knows the provisions of the ‘dealer agreement’ between the manufacturer, distributors and dealers. The complaints here would be more meaningful if lodged by dealers, not disillusioned customers. The manufacturer’s main goal, one would logically surmise, is to maximize sales opportunities for their product(s).

That would suggest broad distribution channels to reach as many potential ‘end users’ as possible. Only if there are, in fact, violations of such marketing arrangement contracts does anyone, especially retail sellers, have any reason to complain.

The ‘drop ship ‘ retailers can operate with minimum inventory and shelf space but retain the opportunity of picking up plus business. How they choose to price their goods is up to them.

I don’t see how this is any different than shopping for any other consumer goods where the buyer does as much, or as little, homework as they choose to find a satisfactory deal. The OP was not unhappy with the price he paid for the goods until discovering that his chosen dealer made (in his opinion) too much money on the transaction. He could have spent more time shopping for a better deal in the first place, but did not.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    XXL__, TagMan, 54vicky and 8 others like this.
  22. How do you comparison shop when the retailer doesn't tell you where they get the products, for all anyone know, the cheaper belts could be made by the Hoffman Group.
    Seatbelts Plus isn't going to sell me belts at a loss so they're making a profit when they sell to me for $68 and I'm assuming Juliano's can buy them cheaper than me. They then call Seatbelt Plus, order the belts delivered to my house and charge me $120, that's $52 per belt for making a phone call, $104 total, that's over 40% profit.
    That's it, I'm over this now.

23. Ritzy1

Ritzy1

I just bought shoulder and lap belts and Insultek insulation for my car from Juliano's. My order shipped out the same day. I live fairly close to them, so I had it like the next day. Before I ordered from their website, I called them a few times just to make sure I was ordering everything I would need. They always answered the phone promptly, and were very helpful. I'm confident that if I have any questions during the install, they'll be available to help. To me, that's worth a lot. No regrets.

24. X-cpe

X-cpe

Probably not even a phone call, but a direct computer connection in this day and age.

25. Terrible80

Terrible80

26. finn

finn

Hnstray, you’re missing the point!

On one web site they make a long, holier than though dissertation proclaiming that they sell only through authorized dealers, yet, on the other website, what is, at least on face value, the exact same corporate entity is clearly bypassing the dealers and selling direct to the consumer.

I am usually skeptical when people on the internet rag on vendors and others pile on, but, in this case, I sure looks like the bitching about dishonest trade practices is justified.

27. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[QUOTE="finn, post: 13026750, member: 11365" I am usually skeptical when people on the internet rag on vendors and others pile on, but, in this case, I sure looks like the bitching about dishonest trade practices is justified.[/QUOTE]

If the retailer has a complaint with the manufacturer then he/she should be the one with the complaint--not the end user. It appears to be the way things are done anymore: being offended for the other person.

Sometimes one finds a better deal after the initial purchase. Next time do more research before your purchase.

28. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

“The Devil is in the details”........

I respectfully disagree that “I am missing the point”. I read and understood that component of the OP’s post. I don’t think one can conclude that unless one is privy to the language of the dealer agreement document. Further, the “corporate entities” having the same address is not proof of anything. A “Corporation” by it’s legal design is an entity of it’s own, like having “personhood”. If the owners of Seatbelt Solutions (presumably a Corp) also formed a separate Corporation.....”Seatbelts Plus”.......it is legally a wholly separate entity even if the shareholders are common to both and it is co-located with SS.

We do not know the content of Seatbelt Solutions’ dealer agreement nor do we know their pricing structure to their dealers. It is entirely possible, even likely in my opinion, that Seatbelt Solutions sells not only to Seatbelts Plus at a markup, but probably to many other retail dealers for the same wholesale prices. If that is the case, then Seatbelt Solutions’ claim they “do not sell direct to customers” is true and the common wholesale pricing puts all their dealers (including Seatbelts Plus) on equal footing.

In any case that is separate issue from the OP’s complaint about Julianos’ perceived markup.
    Neither Seatbelt Solutions nor Seatbelts Plus have responsibility for retailers’ pricing.

47ragtop, 5window, RMR&C and 2 others like this.
  29. finn

finn

It’s not the price: it’s lying about one’s business practices.

30. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

You obviously “missed the point” and/or are unwilling to reconsider your position.

If Seatbelts Plus pays the same for the products as any other dealer then they do not have a financial advantage. It is not at all unusual for manufacturers to operate separate retail operations for their products. It is completely irrelevant if there is common ownership so long as there isn’t ‘special pricing’ to their retail arm. The retail operation is a business of it’s own and must generate a profit to cover it’s overhead just like any other retailer.