Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pontiac HEMI thread Mickey Thompson, Jack Gifford, Steve Barcak

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by applekrate, Dec 13, 2008.

1. JF

JF
    from Utah

Just finished reading this thread. Very cool info and boat. I'm hoping someone can confirm what ive got.
    Are these Mickey Thompson Pistons for a Pontiac Hemi?
    Bore is 4.237 and valve reliefs in the flattop pistons.
    If these are Pontiac Hemi pistons I'll need to find everything else to build the engine... Just kidding I need to find these pistons a new forever home.
    Thanks
    Josh

Attached Files:

Deuces, kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  2. Deuces

Deuces

Don't know....
    But they sure look Kool.....:cool:

3. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

Pontiac did not have that big of bore . I think there Chrysler hemi. What does it say on the box? Not very clear th read?

Deuces likes this.
  4. JF

JF
    from Utah

I thought the box said Pontiac? It is fairly hard to read, even in person.

Sent from my LG-H872 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces likes this.
  5. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

You may have the rare 427 FE Ford hemi.
    The 427 bore 4.2328 and compression height is 1.753 - 1.757.

Deuces likes this.
  6. JF

JF
    from Utah

Thanks for the info and your reply, I'll do a llittle digging in that direction. Now back to the regularly scheduled programming... :)

Sent from my LG-H872 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Deuces likes this.
  7. Looking forward to some updates on this thread. Have added some parts to my HEMI Pontiac stash, still working on the museum building here in eastern Arizona where it will all be housed. After the building is up ( 9,000' square feet), I plan to resume my efforts with my nostalgia Poncho Top Fueler and will be using M/T HEMI heads on my 389. More coming, also on the Pontiac Heaven fb page too. check back

Deuces and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. mopacltd

mopacltd

Great to see you are still making noise, Steve!

applekrate and Deuces like this.
  9. tjs44

tjs44

Guys,I just bought 2 pontiac hemi alu blocks.They are unmachined.They were cast with reliefs in the deck to clear the pushrods of the M/T hemi heads.I will try to post some pics.Tom

10. tjs44

tjs44

pics of the hemi blocks

Attached Files:

11. Wow! While those are ultra cool, I'd think the lefter bosses and valley would be more substantial as this area has proven to be a problem with high HP Pontiac engines...Thoughts?

Deuces likes this.
  12. tjs44

tjs44

At least they are all joined.Most pontiac blocks have a few hanging out.Remember these were like early 60s castings!Tom

Deuces likes this.
  13. Mykk

Mykk

Hello Josh, do you still have these pistons and are you interested in selling them? Thanks!

14. Deon D

Deon D

Billet Hemi.JPG MagnetoPontiac.png Retainer MT.jpeg View attachment 5091822 View attachment 5091823 View attachment 5091821 Hello everyone. Here are some photos of my M/T stash. I was told by my dear friend John(RIP 2015) who passed the stuff on to me to finish what he never started. I am not sure who owned the 62 CAT before him but he had it for a long time just sitting in his garage trying to acquire front end body parts. While doing so he came across the M/T Hemi heads with rocker assemblies, blower manifold, ALCON 8 stack injector set un-machined, aluminum block with 55-60 bellhousing pattern, aluminum clutch can, 4' bore Jahns flat top pistons, Chrome Chrysler Firepower valve covers with 1" spacers, spark plug tubes, a set of roller lifters(just like what Applekrate has) and other misc. parts. John told me that he got the parts from Jack Christman's estate in Florida(not sure when). I have been working on acquiring more parts and trying to get the engine block machined for the last 2.5 years and was hoping to attend the 2021 Pontiac Nats in Norwalk this year. I was working with another dear friend Roger untimely passing(RIP 05/21) in producing a Billet version of the M/T hemi head until his passing. to install in an altered 23T. I am close to getting the block back from the shop. The delay is the lifter bore bushings supply. Getting the machine work(KRE and Nyes), a modern rocker assembly(T&D), pistons/rods(BME), camshaft(Crower), roller lifters(ISKY), and other parts(the usual Pontiac suppliers and ebay for an original ANSEN Cast Iron Bell housing with flywheel,clutch, and starter.) It has been a daunting task. I have communicated with Jack Gifford and Steve for information about the do's and do not's along the way. I had to tell Roger patience. So with the whole task is on me to finish. With some luck the grace of GOD I could have the projects finish by late spring and and attending Norwalk 2022.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    egads likes this.
  15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

My brother has a recently acquired a pair of M/T Pontiac Hemi Heads, and is currently working out a deal on acquiring the master mold for a M/T Pontiac Hemi Blower Intake.

egads and bchctybob like this.
  16. bchctybob

bchctybob

Axle, if you can get some pictures of the heads and stuff and post them here, I'm sure it would be appreciated by all of the Pontiac guys on here, including me.

SS327 and egads like this.
  17. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Yep!

18. Just thought I would say hello out there since I have been away for awhile and wanting to keep this thread alive. It looks like others are also working on some M/T HEMI Pontiac stuff and that is so cool.
    I've been busy working on other things so, have not done much with my M/T HEMI collection but, planning to get my boat together and freshened up for this summer/fall season. Also working on some street/strip and drag projects. Will be attending the March meet but, as a spectator. Still dreaming of running Bonneville in the coming years. Health and status is good and hoping to keep it that way. best to all. This is one of my 2 Pontiac AA/Fuel Dragsters here in eastern Arizona and some misc Pontiac HEMI and engine parts in my collection. Just cool stuff to play with. The block is extra special. It is a factory cast Pontiac HEMI block! Yes, Pontiac did make a HEMI block! I know as I own one. this proves it. Also show, is 2 M/T HEMI intakes. One is magnesium, the other alum. the block and intakes are rarer than the heads are.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    egads and SS327 like this.