Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lead radiator tag

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cac646, Apr 3, 2019.

1. cac646

cac646

Anyone seen a lead seal tied through a radiator like this? Found on a 1964 C10. Was this done at the factory or would this have been at a job shop?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. BJR

BJR

Never seen that before.

3. greybeard360

greybeard360

That was put on radiators when new. I have seen them on a lot of old cars, but nothing specific.

4. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I've seen a radiator shop that used a tag like that.
    They were on there for ID if there was a warranty claim on the work they had done.
    KK

F&J likes this.

5. squirrel

squirrel

never seen one on a Harrison radiator. But I have seen a lot of tags that were soldered onto the tank, and had a serial number and name of a shop.

6. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I worked in the auto shop of a Ford dealer many years (1970s) and most of the cars of that era we repaired, and older ones, more than often had some form of thin scribed aluminum tag held on with twisted wire, GMs were stamped and soldered to either top or bottom tanks. Quality control or identification, who knows? We just disregarded them when we pulled radiators out and never bothered to reinstall.

7. cac646

cac646

Interesting! My name is Craig so I snagged it off onto the wall of cool stuff. Had never seen one with a name like that.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.