Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The 1955-1956 Plymouth and Dodge Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrBelvedere2, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Hey, Guys... I've been looking FOR YEARS for a full set of stainless side trim strips as shown in this picture. I already have the two little short pieces that go on each of the front fenders and the passenger side long nearly straight piece on rear fenders. Anybody have these ???? Strips from a TWO DOOR car is best !... 1955 Dodge Lancer - Thanks in advance...
    https://49fordcoupe.smugmug.com/The-Car/i-qCkWgKp/A

2. firea100

firea100

Old Ray,
    I’m interested in a copy of your conversation of the Dakota conversion. Also interested in pics of your 2 door wagon, if you have any available.
    I have a ‘55 4 door wagon (would really rather have a 2 door) that i’m Just beginning to do.
    Thanks,
    Firea100
    Larry in East China Mi

3. firea100

firea100

$

4. firea100

firea100

Good morning to all on the site!
    Does anyone have any pics of ‘55 or ‘56 2 or 4 door wagons??
    I’m slowly starting on my ‘55 four door Coronet Sierra wagon and need some inspiration!
    Thanks,
    firea100
    Larry in East China Mi

5. Old Ray

Old Ray

Hi, not that much action on this site so I only check it once and a while. I will get you some info as soon as I can, .......... fearful house plumbing project today !

6. Old Ray

Old Ray

PM or Conversation message sent to you.

7. firea100

firea100

Old Ray,
    Got it, Thank You!
    Interesting and helpful!!
    Larry in East China MI

8. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

9. HeloCrewChief

HeloCrewChief
    from 253 Tacoma

My Wagon. 59,000 original miles. 1 family owned until 2018. Came out of Southern California.

Attached Files:

10. abloch

abloch

My new ride. Starting to work out some kinks. More photos later. Great thread!

Attached Files:

11. impala4speed

impala4speed

I don't own one of these cars but I always watch this thread. In the late 50's my dad had a '55 Royal Lancer, tri-color. I remember that car and many trips in it very fondly. Wish I had some pics of it. Those of you that do own these cars please keep the posts and pics coming. I really enjoy them.

12. dakiwi

dakiwi

Hi Colin. Sorry, this is a veeeeery belated reply lol. As you can tell I haven't checked my feeds for some time.
    I'm based in Sth Auckland. Are you on Hibiscus Coast by any chance? I have seen recent postings on TradeMe.

13. abloch - where did your Fury come from ? And on another note 55 pages of admiration!!!

14. abloch

abloch

Detroit. :rolleyes:

I brought the car out of Oregon. Oregon owner brought it out of Colorado. Colorado owner brought it out of Ohio and that's as far back as I can get. (history went with the previous owners) Next will be to get an IBM card from FCA. It's on my list of things to do.

15. Looks like a nice one - is it still running a Poly ?

16. ColDry

ColDry

Hi Dave - Great talking to you via email and looking forward to hopefully helping you out with some spares. Cheers - Colin.

17. montanabill

montanabill

Been a member for a while. Don't want to cause any problems but have a question I could use some help with. I am restoring a sweet little '55 2 door club sedan and am converting to 12 volt negative ground. Am wiring up the turn signals and wondering if the two indicator lights in the speedometer are left and right turn signal indicators or a single turn signal indicator light and a high beam headlight indicator light. Anybody know the answer to that one? If I shouldn't be asking that question here then sorry all. Thanks.

18. montanabill

montanabill

During my project I purchased a 1977 Dodge Diplomat and used parts from that to sub-frame my '55. Now have the transverse torsion bars, 11" front disc brakes, power steering, power brakes, an LA 318 and a 727 all mounted on that Diplomat front end installed in the car. I also used the rear end assembly from the Dodge so that my emergency brake would wok correctly. Everything so far has worked out fairly well with only minor mods. Hardest job so far was fitting the steering column from the Dodge and fabricating mounts. Am finishing up the wiring and then on to building frame mounts to fit the front fenders, grille, bumper and hood. It has been an interesting but not impossible project.

George likes this.
  19. Not a problem Bill....one turn signal light....looking at the wire diagram for 55....it looks like the other is the high beam indicator.....as a note....don't think I've ever read a cross post by anyone here....not like some other threads....

20. montanabill

montanabill

Thanks for the info "stillrunners". Now am wondering if the turn light indicator is the light on the right side of the speedo or the left? Trying to get this all just right.

21. montanabill

montanabill

Hello again. Well fuel gauge is working, turn signals light up the left dash green indicator light, high beam lights up right side red dash indicator light and no smoke so far. Had to remove the speedometer and take it apart and remove 60 years worth of dirt and grime from the inside indicator light lenses. Next project is to try to get the dome light operational again. No door switch on the drivers door so will have to replace that. Took the drivers side interior window trim off and found the wires that go up the windshield post into the headliner and back towards the rear. There are four wires taped together. Am thinking that two are hot and ground to the dome light but can't figure the other two unless they run clear through to the trunk for lights back there. Anybody got an idea about that? I'm going to get everything working on this if it takes me all summer!

22. Old Ray

Old Ray

If you didn't know this or not , the dome light is switched off and on on the ground side of the circuit, the bulb always has power to it but doesn't come on until the circuit is completed.

23. montanabill

montanabill

Hi Old Ray. Got that part figured out and took the dome light apart and cleaned the switch contacts. Got it working on the dome light on/off switch. Now trying to locate the wires to the door switches that aren't there anymore. Just holes in the door frames. Thanks for helping out.

24. Old Ray

Old Ray

25. montanabill

montanabill

Guess we old Mopar boys think alike. I got on that forum and got some great advice and some excellent wiring diagrams from 56D50boy for several wiring problems on my project. Thanks for the info!

26. abloch

abloch

Hey Stillrunners, yup! Still running its original 303 although it is getting tired. This is a picture of my failed attempt at running dual quads. Upon further research and a phone call I realized that I was trying to run WAY too much carb for my engine to handle. So back to the 4bbl....for now.

If anyone has a line on a WCFB 2552 and 2553 I would be very interested!

Attached Files:

stillrunners likes this.
  27. earlymopar

earlymopar

Saw this one on Pat Ganahl's site:

sleep18.jpg

sleep23.jpg

28. montanabill

montanabill

I'm searching for aluminum door sill plates for my '55 2 door club sedan. Had some correspondence a while ago with a guy who said he could make me a set of these. I have lost that info and am trying to find him again as it is beginning to look like that's what I am going to have to do. My sometimes faulty rememberer tells me that his forum handle was "mobiletraveler" or maybe something close to that. Anyone out there know anything about any of that?

29. Good luck with those.....hard to come by good ones .

30. Old Ray

Old Ray

Bill, did you try a search at the forward-look site, I know Gary S. got some big buck repos.