Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dan Glover mid-engine gold 57 chevy from Yucaipa California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevrolet150, Aug 7, 2009.

1. time for another bump

2. this just came up on the set-bavk-57.jpeg HAMB....

3. ^^^ that's a local Illinois car ^^^

Johnny Gee likes this.
  4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

^^^^^ Also to rough as compared to the 57 in question here.

wvenfield likes this.
  5. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

I'm still lookin for ya

6. ARNIE

ARNIE

Anyone know where this is?

7. ARNIE

ARNIE

8. Each time this thread pops up I hope to see the remains.
    Keep searching, my friends.

kidcampbell71 and HunterYJ like this.
  9. First off.. I haven't found the car

Buuut, I was over at Norm Porters shop, helping him work. While listening and learning from the many conversations; I interrupted, when I heard a familiar name.(from this thread.. I've been asked if I knew/know anything of the car, being I live so close to Yucaipa, Ca. an I'm a Tri5 dork) Norm pointed out the two cars he had built for him, amongst the many other pictures on the shops walls. So I thought I'd share, since it pertains to this reason for the season.
    20181113_103505.jpg
    20181214_211310.jpg

catdad49 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. Screenshot_20181214-234317_Photos.jpg

HELL. Find this one too. Radiused rear fender 1957 Bel Air Sedan, with convertible springs, and a black metallic dash ..... sold in Phoenix Arizona circa 1973 without an engine. Maybe less transmission too. Formerly an 8000 rpm, 327, with 12.5:1 compression, and an M22, Olds 4:11 rear.

Yeah I know. Not Dan's. But my dad's. Ssgt Gary Campbell. "Fastest car in the valley". Aviation fuel filled it's tank. Sure would like to find it too.

'57's rule ......

Kan Kustom, catdad49 and Max Gearhead like this.
  11. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

The car with the bright colors and the blue car ate the same car. Lol..
    The blue one is the body Norm built for me in 1987.
    The bright colored body isa bodyI built in late 2004.
    Dan

J.Fishbeck likes this.
  12. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

For you fishbeck!
    Dan

https://photos.app.goo.gl/R5QyT71spnvb44AG8

J.Fishbeck and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Another one for you J Fishbeck

J.Fishbeck, Butch M and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. Butch M

Butch M

wow very nice

15. That is a really nice coupe. '56 210 HT's are a favorite of mine, also!

16. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Yes,and the 56 210 HT is even more rare..11,000 +/- were made.

17. jakesrakes

jakesrakes
    from USA

Well Dan been awhile the reason we all cant remember who purchased the 57 isnt because of drugs as you mentioned earlier(?) we all go through alot of cars iv owened 15 57s myself and i have a red one now just like yours a 210 h/t anyway back then it was posted in the thrifty nickle paper not clist a few guys looked but the one who got it we didnt know and years went past before i saw the post requesting info on the car we all did the best we could to remember any info hell it took a week to dig out pics (cant believe we took any really!) i posted what little info we had just trying to help out. You never know it might be in a barn just waiting but we never seen or heard about it since that day. Il check back later if i hear anything. Later

18. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

19. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Jake, Thanks for the info..
    To funny...15 57's...lol. Im only on my third one.
    No worries, if it show up we will deal with it then.

20. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Great thread.The hunt is most enjoyable.Went to HS with a fellow named Daniel"Dan" Glover.Not the same person,but a neat coincidence.On with the hunt.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

21. The last known information about the car seems to be spread out through a number of posts, I thought I would try to get it all in one place. Fill in the blanks, add more info or correct the info below if you can.

"Lost 1957 Chevy 210 2 dr post sedan last seen in _______, Illinois and owned by ________(Jakes Rakes).
    Car was sold in 199__ from an ad placed by JakesRakes in the __________, Illinois Thifty Nickel paper. At time of sale, car was red with a 307 engine in stock location with no front bumper or grille. Car may have later gone to a government auction."

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  22. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

soo a guy posted about a facebook post of a car that sounded exactly right then he never responded again cause he coildnt find it? seemed like the best lead in 6 years

23. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

The 57 in question was NOT a 210 hardtop but a 210 sedan post car , and if it did have the same engine relocated to the stock possition it was a 331c in. 1962 block .030 over bore

24. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Almost 30 yrs now....Get on it Randy!

25. Dan:
    I corrected to post car.
    The 307 came from JakesRakes post on 12-31-09, he posted:
    "`when i owned it the motor was back in front i still have pics of the car with motor inside with ya i put a -307chevy in it ok you laugh here!!!i gave our sales guy fred a ride one day he sat on a milk crate!!we were at a light and he said get on it i stomped it he didnt get a chance to blink when i looked over all i saw was his shoes he was in the back that lasted for about 200 feet that was it out of motor good stuff Jake wouldnt let me put the car in the shop it sat outside in the rain snow sad sad cars body was slicker than snail snott but rest was well... ok we were in the shop talking and i still dont remember what i paid for the car or if i traided something for it to much livin and to many bitches ahhhh girls i still have the front stainless nerf bars .... "

26. Dan Glover 2.jpg Found this cleaning out some files. Maybe it's been posted, the thread is too long to look at every post. If it has, is it debunked? I was so knocked out by the car I kept the clipping from Super Chevy for almost twenty years! Dan Glover 1.jpg

27. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

oh man! I wonder if @Dan Glover ever tried to get in touch with Gary Davis?????????

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

29. catdad49

catdad49

Ah, the plot thickens!

30. Per Dan's post way back, Gary was talked to and sold car in 1995.

kidcampbell71 and Moriarity like this.