Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "official" Lonestar Roundup Garage Crawl

Discussion in 'The 2024 Lone Star Round Up' started by hot-rod-1958, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Join us on Friday April 12th for the Official LSRU Garage Crawl.
    This year we will head north of Austin to visit a few old (and much requested) shops. We also have a new stop that is a combination clubhouse and hot rod shop. I'm always looking for new stops right up to the last minute as the directions get printed late Thursday.

We will meet at the "Living Spaces" retail store parking lot. They are located at the Southwest corner of Heatherwilde and Hwy 45 (Toll road) in Pflugerville. (this is east of IH 35) The physical address for you GPS types is 19024 North Heatherwilde Blvd. Pflugerville, TX 78660. We will gather in the far Northeast end of the parking lot. Once again I have asked our friend Gerald to bring out his incredible taco trailer. You don't want to miss out on his tacos so be in line early and have cash in hand. He will begin serving at dark thirty. I will conduct the driver's meeting at 7:45 am and plan to pull out of the parking lot at 8:00 am.

For you first timers...
    What took you so long to be part of the fun? Everyone is welcome to join the crawl. Well behaved children are allowed. Please NO PETS. There is no fee. Printed directions will be passed out at the driver's meeting. Arrive with a full tank of gas. In a rental car or late model daily driver? Please stay at the back of the pack as we travel. In a Prius? This is probably not the event for you. The crawl will end up at Dell Children's Medical Center around 11:30 am. Children that are able will come out and see the cars. From there it is a short drive to the Expo Center.
    For everyone...We will once again have members of the "Buda Gearheads" onsite to assist with parking. My thanks in advance for their assistance for the past several years.
    Please note...If your car is on a trailer please don't bring it on the garage crawl. DRIVE it. I have had to deal with angry property owners in the past as folks have left trailers behind while attending the crawl.

If you have questions or need assistance you can ring me on my wireless or text me at (512) 496-8658. I can also be reached via e-mail at [email protected]

Hope to see you soon!
    Mark Gustafson

2. Prostock15T

Prostock15T
    from western ok

Hands down my favorite part of this weekend you guys don’t want to miss this can’t thank you enough for all the hard work you put into making this crawl happen Mark see you guys soon

RGV OldCars and HunterYJ like this.
  3. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I plan on attending the Garage Crawl...it's my first time to attend the Round Up.

Toecutter likes this.
  4. Toecutter

Toecutter

5. prez

prez

Will be following in a rental car .
    Flying in from New Zealand .
    Havent been to USA since 1980 Memphis nats
    See you soon , will have a big grin on !

charleyw, Toecutter and A31ModelA like this.
  6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You will have no problem enjoying yourself @prez . Keep us posted on your adventures Jimmy.
    Mark puts a huge effort into organising the crawl , many of the shops he gets you to are very special and always interesting . Great to see the Dell children’s hospital back on again this year.
    We have been on the crawl the last couple of years , but alas not this year. We will be back in TX in October though.
    Hopefully the Saturday is not as freezing cold as it was last year, dang it hardly got above 40 degrees, then throw in the wind chill. And we had just come from a very long , ridiculously hot summer down under.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
    HunterYJ likes this.
  7. Rand Man

Rand Man

8. Toecutter

Toecutter

9. Toecutter

Toecutter

Speed~On likes this.
  10. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great start to the crawl. There are always some early birds that want to park their people mover and grocery getter or late model corvette or dodge in the main park instead of where Mark requests at the back of the pack please.

11. Well another crawl is in the history books. A huge THANKS to all the shops and staff that make the crawl what it is. You guys (and gals) make the crawl great. Also want to thank Gerald from Red White and Que for bringing out the BBQ trailer once again. Fantastic job! He is on board to serve us again next year. And last I'd like to thank all of the participants whose positive comments and ear to ear smiles on the crawl make all my efforts worthwhile.

Just a little teaser for y'all...we will make a far south and southwest Austin run next year. We will see some shops that were new construction and not quite finished before, have some beautiful country road drives and will see some old favorites that have been much requested. I'm planning on a BUNCH of stops next time. Stay tuned for the posting of the crawl start point when the Roundup hits the HAMB next year.

Safe travels and see you on the road, Mark

Gotgas, A32Flathead and Toecutter like this.
  12. Toecutter

Toecutter

Thank you Mark. It was a great time. Can’t wait for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. This year's crawl was a real highlight. Great shops, great folks and a chance to get out and drive! Thank you, Mark, for putting this together. See you in 2020!

14. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Had a great time. Thanks for making it happen!!