Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Not the best, but mine!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jim1932, Mar 21, 2019.

1. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

You are so RIGHT!!

lothiandon1940 and 61Cruiser like this.
  2. I am with "mcmopar" and others. I enter my car in shows for a good parking space, and to hang out with like minded people. I haven't won any trophys yet, and am not expecting any...

61Cruiser and hoodwinx454 like this.
  3. Id rather spend the day driving than parked at a show. I do like swap meets though.

1959Nomad, WB69, Stock Racer and 3 others like this.
  4. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

I love running to these guys I like to call bench racers. They show up at swapmeets and car shows and tell you for years how great the car is that is sitting in their garage. You never see the car and most likely you never will due to the fact they have talked it up so much they know it will never live up to the hype they created. That car you got is great and I would walk past a row of so called flawless cars to check it out.

5. clem

clem

Okay,
    Thanks.
    So after looking at all those photos, do we only get one picture of the actual car you’re working on ? :( ;)
    Still looks a nice car though !

6. Age old adage...........
    . 1 (15).jpg

luckylou, alanp561, nochop and 9 others like this.
  7. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I could care less what people think, when I get that "if that car was mine, I would have" I just say it's a damn good thing it isn't yours then. I just go to cruise ins, you can leave any time you want. If it's a car show, I never enter but donate if it's a good cause. Me and a friend of mine used to have cruise ins to help different causes, cheer leaders, school stuff, best one was for the back pack kids. Trunk and treat at Holloween. It's nice to do stuff to get the kids interested.

1959Nomad, osage orange and 61Cruiser like this.
  8. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In total agreement with you, 56sedandelivery. I'm the one who thought you owned Turk's Pie wagon.

Chavezk21 and osage orange like this.
  9. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I love subtle statements that still convey a message, subtly ! LOL.

lothiandon1940 and raven like this.
  10. What was the question again ?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. Well the new car is closer... If i=I need to see some thing I just go look... dropped.jpg

koolbeans likes this.
  12. I am not looking for feedback on mine, just trying to encourage others to not turn their car into ten year projects trying to do what only a few builders in the country can do.

13. Latest wisdom in this thread.... If you aren’t driving your project. Why not. Aren’t you in the hobby to Drive cool cars....not have pieces of cool cars in your garage. I took mine out last night. Trunk doesn’t latch, no gas gauge best night in months.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Well,
    I can weld a little bit, fabricate a little bit, body work a little bit,paint a little bit. Anywhere near perfect,NO. Would my car be considered to set next to some of the fabulous fabricated Hot Rods on The HAMB Site,NO. But the great part about this site is watching those master craftsmen, and learning from them. It will make my project much better in the end. Hopefully, that will make me smile .

15. While building them is fun, there is a completely different kind of satisfaction in driving them. Your deuce is a good looking coupe.

16. 62rebel

62rebel

I went from "what will I need to make my Galaxie fantastic?" to "what can I live with until I get more money?" in a couple of weeks. I need it to be operational more than I need it to be "perfect", which I realize it will never really be. Fixing the wiring and making sure it steers and stops is more important than shiny paint and all that right now.

17. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

I can relate to that. Officially old sucks

56don, F&J and OLSKOOL57 like this.

18. Yeah, man.

Ben

19. wicarnut

wicarnut

Your Ride looks good to me. Enjoy the Hobby, It's about the people/friends you make, shows, cruises are a social outlet for me. When I was kid starting out did the best I could with what I had. Figure it out, Make it Happen and Be Happy with what You Have were words of wisdom from parents. The car Hobby is not all about the money, from my experiences, have met many nice people from all walks of life, most are there for fun and the Hobby is the common thread and everyone should take pride in their ride and their life IMO. Will say, that "Guy" with that perfect ride home in the garage that seems to need to tell me what's wrong or how I should have done it can be tiresome, BUT that guy always makes me think warmly of my MOM, one of her pearls of wisdom, Always Remember, There's Way More Horses Ass's Than There Are Horses. ENJOY YOUR RIDE !

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  20. Just trying to encourage people to
    Drive them while they work on them. Too many barn finds of cars taken apart 20 years ago with the intension of building an AMR car

21. koolbeans

koolbeans

Everytime I read your lead in it annoys me. What is the best? To each his own. There is no best. Your hr is great and to the real deal and preservationist five star.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

We are on the same page and look at each car and build as a learning experience, kind of like shop classes back in high school. To each his own but my mindset is, "I know how to write a check, so why not learn how to do something new" and just be happy with the best i can do.

koolbeans likes this.
  23. A lot of truth in this thread. Some people will never have anything because they can't have the best, either can't afford it or don't have the skill and drive to get there. We should all strive to do work like the famous Flop but we all can't do it, so just do your best and have fun. It's so rewarding to drive something that you have put together with your own hands and mind. Even if it's not the best car at the show or rod run, if you did the best you could, that's great. And as your skills improve, you can redo the things that need it. It's a hobby.

Moon50F3 and firstinsteele like this.
  24. Still needs work, but it's on the road.

car.jpg

25. koolbeans

koolbeans

Very nice. I'ma prowed of what you are doing. Looks great. Preservation. Few pics of my similar project. Although I wanted to feature an Ardun and do a highboy. But original body, (paint appears similar to yours???), original interior, original dash.
    Have all original Henry running chassis, fenders, gas tank, rad, suspension, etc., etc. for a good home.
    You've done well. IMG_20190307_093440406.jpeg IMG_20190209_094341473.jpeg IMG_20190307_142050296_HDR.jpeg IMG_20190305_160600053.jpeg

clem, RustyDogg and kadillackid like this.
  26. Koolbeans. Yours is nice! Better than I can do but I’m not jealous. [​IMG]

27. And my Mother-in-law agrees.... [​IMG]

2bubbas, BradinNC, Chavezk21 and 5 others like this.
  28. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I drive my '40 and my '56 Nomad every chance I get, sometimes both of them the same day. Life's short. Drive 'em!
    And I love your deuce. Looks great!

loudbang likes this.
  29. koolbeans

koolbeans

Holy cow Martha. Just noticed the Glen Echo park plaque. Grew up not far from there. Rode the street cars there for many days of fun. Miss those days.

Chavezk21 likes this.
  30. People can't see the imperfections on the Chevy as I'm driving it! There's no feeling like cruising in the machine you screwed together yourself. Because it was earned.
    Shows are cool because the cars can be seen close up and builder/owners can hang out and talk to each other in person. And listen. Not being much of a lawn chair jockey, I like to park the car and spend the day checking out all the cars.
    How long us fossil fuelers will be able to do this is anyone's guess. Get out and drive 'em!

lothiandon1940 likes this.