Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Bonneville Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patzfab, Dec 7, 2018.

1. patzfab

patzfab
    from Canada

Just an update. I have received my answer from the tech committee and as we are building a modified roadster, we are allowed a little leeway in the floor area.
    We haven’t had much luck in getting the correct ECU to run the motor and transmission that we intended to use. The engine is OK, we have everything to make it work, but the automatic is a different problem. So, we are reverting back to a T50. It has better ratios, and other sets are available , as in Close Ratio. It is not our intention to push all this stuff to the limits (famous last words)
    We will now move on with construction, which has been on hold till we had the motivation all settled.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just wanted to update this thread for everyone who had responded to Pats questions and who were following along.
    On Monday April 1, Pat suffered a massive heart attack and despite the very best efforts of his family and the first responders, he is gone.
    He wasn’t the most active on this form as far as posting goes so I am not sure how many of you actually knew him, but he was here a lot.
    He was an amazing person, fabricator, artist, mechanic, machinist, Hot Rodder and family man.
    He will be sorely missed every day.
    From his happy go lucky attitude to his wise cracks and always there when you needed him for car advice or a hand or a odd part machined up.
    I am proud to have been able to call him my friend.
    He was the driving force behind the Bonneville car we were all building together.
    We are hoping to keep moving forward with the project. We believe he would have wanted that.
    So I will be updating this as we go. But it might take a while for us to bring ourselves to work on it.
    I will leave you with a couple of pics of our friend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

rod1, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. Straight Axle Guy

Straight Axle Guy

So sorry to hear the loss of Pat, he surely will be missed by his viewers. RIP

Stogy likes this.
  4. buffaloracer

buffaloracer
    from kansas

Very sorry for your loss.
    I think there is a lesson there for all of us.
    Pete

5. That's the news you just don' expect or want to hear, so sorry to hear of his passing and i do hope you carry on with the car as it will be a great tribute. JW

6. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for you support guys.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Stogy and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  7. koolbeans

koolbeans

HAMB needs a new line item subject for modern 4 cylinder motors and others.
    I get the ol school shit, built lots of them. But the new youngsters love the old cars with twin turbo hugiedungits producing lots of go fast.
    It's not about speed as much as technology that they are in on.
    Just another tech line or column. Won't hurt.
    And I'ma looking for an Ecoboost for my '31 five window.

Stogy likes this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@woodz, I extend belated condolences to you, the family and friends in the passing of the Late Hamber Patzfab...

This while not being a traditional racer it is certainly inspired as are most competetive Drylakes racers...

As alluded carrying on with the build and fulfilling the Dream you all had is admirable...Please do keep us in that loop...we call it carrying the Torch forward in Spirit around here...

RIP Patxfab...

Could we add Patzfab to the Hamb Emiratis?...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    brady1929, rod1 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  9. Bummer. RIP

10. upload_2021-8-15_20-32-22.jpeg

Looks like the Kugel car?

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well there are a shit ton of sites that already cover those exact things. You may find some of us over on them under the same screen name or under a different name.
    It's rather like me never allowing anyone to take a photo of me with a cigarette in my hand or mouth in my 74 years because my parents didn't like people smoking. Don't do it around them and don't post any photos of you doing it. I haven't smoked in 45 years except an occasional celebration Cigar but until my wife blabbed mom never knew and my dad to my knowledge never knew.

It's not that you don't build a car with one of those engines or power boost devices you just flat ass don't post about it here and you go to Hotrodders.com or some other board where they love that stuff and many members also are and share their off topic for the HAAMB for one reason or another vehicles. The worst thing in the world is individuals who go anywhere be it a town, state, country or the HAMB from somewhere else and start demanding changes to the way they want rather than enjoying the culture of where they are.

lurker mick likes this.
  12. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Same car went thru at least 4 owners I personally know. Cage has been updated but may need rework again to meet current SCTA rules.

13. I had heard it was being prepped to run again.