Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good experience with Last Refuge Hotrods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JMKnight, Apr 3, 2012.

1. JMKnight

JMKnight

DON'T FLAME ME! I read all of the LRHotrod and Norb posts and I respect others opinions, please respect mine.

I needed a custom bed for my Last Refuge RPU body and called Norb. I researched Last Refuge on the H.A.M.B. and was concerned. I took a chance and am glad I did. Norb delivered my bed and sub rails in one week. The workmanship is second to none. I know how hard it is to get your good name back. It looks to me like Norb has overcome many of his past poor business practices. I am a customer and will order from Norb in the future.

John Marc Knight:cool:
    Bountiful, UT
    28 RPU
    57 T-bird
    39 Chev pickup
    64 T-bird
    2002 T-Bird

2. That's good to hear, I bought a custom bed for my 34 from him about 6 years ago, it's was great, took a while to get it, but the product and the price were nice.

Lets hope we all continue to hear good thing about them in the future!!

Eric

3. JMKnight

JMKnight

You are correct; the price of the bed was fantastic. That being said, I would have ordered a bed from someone else if I didn't need the custom sides. I spoke with Norb and he admitted that for a time he was having expansion growth and order overload problems. He thanked me for ordering from him and said that I would not experience any problems. Norb was correct. I got a killer deal and a perfectly fitting custom bed for my 28RPU!<?

4. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

My current project is from Norb. I have to admit I was frustrated at the time due to slow delivery but all in all I am glad I bought his Cabrio. Great price and quality and a truly unique car

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Just goes to show there are always two sides to any story. I've never bought from them but have seen lots and lots of posts both pro and con. The pro votes always seem to say his quality was first rate, and the cons say he is extremely slow. I guess no one could be in business as long as they have been and continually piss 100% of their customers off, some customers must be happy with the parts and service.

It's tough being a small business owner, there are so many pressures on you, and so many hats you have to wear. As we have discussed before, not everyone who is in business is a good businessman. They might be the best craftsman in the world, but if they ignore the customer service end of things they can end up with negative posts like we have seen about this company.

Maybe he is seeing the light and trying to change things.

Don

clem likes this.
  6. Leoraf

Leoraf

Lucky you.
    I put full trust in Norm and believed him when he told me he could deliver a full rolling chassis and cab package in 6-8 weeks, I even sent him my quickchange! After almost 2years of back and forth, I received a cab and a frame and my quickchange. I sent him over $10,000! Still waiting for my front end, rear suspension, vega mount, motor mounts, brake mount, shock mounts......etc. I paid for all of the mounts to be welded on the frame(rolling chassis). Frame is nice(slightly bent & left rail is longer than right in rear) but its not for the cab that he sent me! I could go into more detail but I don't like to talk negatively about anyone, everything that I post is just the facts.
    I have health issues and almost died a couple times so I don't have time to hate. when I ordered this package from Norb, I told him that this project is the number one thing on my bucket list so if he couldn't deliver to please not waist my time and energy but he still dogged me. I'll figure this mess out and get the car done.....peace and love.

7. Brian Bacon

Brian Bacon

Recently ordered a stretched and widened custom A bed for 37 Chevy. I was hesitant at beginning with mixed reviews. I found Norb to be quick on email responses and extremely helpful. Be patient, it appears he is a busy guy with all the custom work. I was in no rush so shipping (3-4 weeks) was exactly as I was told. The first shipping (I was told in beginning that custom stuff takes longer so bed and tailgate would be sent out separately) was missing two small pieces but Norb sent them out the next day with additional extra parts I ordered. He was so cool that he did not charge me for extra front stake pockets. Have zero complaints and product is well worth it.

8. A Boner

A Boner

How about some pics of the Cabrio project?

9. I bought a pair of early sand cast 16" kidney bean knock-off mount wheels from him off eBay. I bought them knowing they needed a little machining to finish them off. Couldn't be happier with his handling of the sale.

10. John Tumolo

John Tumolo

Still hurting from the $1800. he screwed me out of years ago. Ordered a frame and he never delivered.

Fordor Ron likes this.
  11. For $1800. I'd be on the road to colorado.

czuch likes this.
  12. Joined yesterday just to post on a 7 year old thread? sounds like damage control. HRP

13. Screw Norb, Biggest flake in the industry.

14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

And I bet we never hear from "Brian Bacon" ever again. :D

czuch, da34guy, WiredSpider and 2 others like this.
  15. Larry, I won't beat against you on that statement. :D HRP

da34guy likes this.
  16. Yep, i think every thread through the years regarding Norbert has one of those 1st day h.a.m.b. member suckup reply,s.

17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Makes you wonder how many times Norbert can sign up under different aliases and try to patch his reputation. :D

da34guy likes this.
  18. Or 1 of the goof balls that he hires, he goes thru employees like we change our shorts

Blue One likes this.