Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '36DD - (My Double Duty 3-window build.)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Surf City, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Very sad news....Sorry to hear....

Stogy likes this.
  2. Rckt98

Rckt98

Thanks Ryan for making this a "Featured Thread". I think Bear would have been pretty chuffed about that.

3. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Oh wow, just saw this thread pop up in the list and was checking in to see what news there was on the coupe, how shocking, and how sad. The world has lost a great artist and a great man. Condolences to his family and friends.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  4. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

I was just catching up on my subscribed threads, I feel a little numb, although I had not met Bear, I felt like I knew him a little through this thread. My sincere condolances to the family & friends who have suffered a great loss!
    Life can be so short, this is an encouragement to make it count...

craig b blue, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. Thats nice work right there.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. Dyce

Dyce

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  7. Stogy likes this.
  8. 37 38 GM headlights next, sink them in the fenders, slick is custom and faster , less drag.

9. Very popular custom touch, back in the fifties, into the early sixties. Now that I think back on it,
    the '40 models were often used too.

10. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

In his own words, it's called double DD for a reason, it's a mix of mild custom & hotrod;

" The plan is to build it both as a hot rod and a custom (hence the 'double duty') cos' they look bitchin' done either way. "

The head lights were already addressed deep into this thread.............................................

Rckt98, Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. loudbang

loudbang

The original poster is no longer with us. He lost his life in a car accident.

Stogy likes this.
  12. Mt Kiyotee

Mt Kiyotee

Oh No!!!! Was an artist with the steel he welded besides the art work. Damn, only the good die young. RIP

Stogy, Okie Pete and loudbang like this.
  13. Terranova

Terranova

Man, I'm torn up. I've been reading this thread from the start for the last three or four days. And then this. I know I'm weeks late but fuck. I'm messed up.
    Thanks Bear for inspiration. I'm gonna start on my '36 (sedan) here in a few weeks and although I'm not chopping it, your build has given me courage and perspective I didn't have before.
    Thank you.
    Prayers for Sue and Charley. Maybe she'll pick up the torch. Or lettering brush.
    Rest In Peace Bear

Stogy, Okie Pete, Rckt98 and 2 others like this.
  14. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

I also came to this thread late, when Ryan made it a featured thread. I was drawn in by Bear’s ambition, craftsmanship and humble attitude. I cheered him on as he suffered setbacks, but it never deterred him from his very clear goal. I liked that he quoted every comment with appreciation, answered every question and was continually surprised by others wishing to copy his considerable creativity solving all the problems we run up against when making our own automotive creations.

It was greatly saddened when I read that he is no longer with us. I hope that wife Sue and daughter Charlie can appreciate that Bear touched so many of us all around the world through his writing here, documenting what he loved to do.

brEad, Stogy, chryslerfan55 and 6 others like this.
  15. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to his Family and Friends.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very nicely said, Gahrajmahal (great handle...). This sums up my feelings perfectly as well. Though I never met or spoke to the man, I have a great deal of respect for him. Judging by his posts to numerous threads here, he was obviously very passionate about his cars, his business, and his family and friends. He was a craftsman, a thinker, always searching and learning, and apparently a very decent human being. He'll be missed here, my condolences to his family and mates.

17. reefer

reefer

Was just rereading from the beginning and when I read the terrible news it knocked the stuffing out of me.So sorry to hear this and my condolences to his family, what a waste.

18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Feb 13, 2022
  19. Great 36 3 window, up there near Jon Fishers well known one, hard to tell if you dropped the headlights, they look great when they are dropped down close to the fenders.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  20. Rckt98

Rckt98

This is the 2nd time you have posted about the headlights in the past couple of months.
    Have you even been reading the previous threads?

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

chryslerfan55 and kiwijeff like this.
  22. God bless Wayne.

kiwijeff, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  23. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

TTT for the new guy's............................................

Stogy, chryslerfan55 and Rckt98 like this.
  24. :( ... damn shame. Gone too soon. God bless his family, & friends.

Without saying ...

25. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

TTT in memory...…………………………………………….

26. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Was just thinking fondly of Bear yesterday.

wandi harry, Outback, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  27. Rckt98

Rckt98

I saw Spook's 35 3 window for sale on Trade Me the other day and thought it must be coming up a year since Bear passed.

28. Ive been away from the HAMB for a while, checking out the threads i follow. Very saddened to hear the news of Bear's passing. RIP !!!

Sent from my SM-A520F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    wandi harry, Stogy, Blues4U and 3 others like this.
  29. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gone way to young and such a Talent and Craftsman...A belated birthday wish in Spirit to our Late Hamber Friend @Surf City also known as Bear...may he Rest in Peace...

To anyone who hasn't went through this Thread it's an Inspiration to see, glean ideas and techniques from this man's sharing of his mechanical wizardry...and he definitely had an Eye for Hotrod/Custom...thanks Hamber @brigrat...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022