Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Bella’s (TV show built) ‘32 Roadster

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ken Carvalho, Mar 17, 2019.

1. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

All the best to your sweet daughter and your family. Fantastic roadster.!!!!!

2. jimmysweden

jimmysweden
    from sweden

So glad to hear she is okej, That's most important.. And Happy miles in your nice Roadster says Jimmy from Sweden..

Stogy, mad mikey and Ken Carvalho like this.
  3. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Outstanding Sir.Wishing you and your daughter the very best.And a big thanks to all who helped with the build.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Stogy, mad mikey and Ken Carvalho like this.
  4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Very cool roadster

Stogy and Ken Carvalho like this.
  5. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Well, the Roadster is home in Spokane, Wa. So now I’m just buttoning up the minor details that didn’t get finished because of schedule and filming conflicts. Easy enough stuff, just short on time. Been working tons of overtime at work.
    Trying to get it presentable to put in a show next weekend put on by my friend Brian called Spokane Speed and Custom, Spokanes first show of the year.
    I tried to upload a short video of the motor running, but it was too large. Tim McMaster did a great job on the build and it sounds really good.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Not sure if you know this but you do have to host photos remotely on like YouTube and then embed them here. On some platforms it acts like you can load a video of the hamb like you can a photo but it doesn’t actually work. Gets a fair amount of people confused.

Saw the videos on Instagram, sounds great!

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  7. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

I watch videos on YouTube but have never put one on, way over my head. I can load pictures on here from my phone, so I’ll just have to stick with that. Thanks for the info though.
    Also drove it in and out of the driveway today. Still waiting on a few things for a maiden voyage.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  8. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Absolutely a great picture, that smile is worth a fortune.

9. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

A-ha !!!! Thanks Tim!
    As good as that sounds, that Y-Block sounds WAY better in person!!

PS, I was using a piece of string for a throttle as the pedal hasn’t arrived yet, and the seat isn’t bolted down, and there are only front brakes at the moment, so I’m a little “herky-jerky” on this maiden drive.

bchctybob, Stogy, mad mikey and 2 others like this.
  10. clem

clem

Thanks for sharing. Nice car.
    Nothing worse than having sick children or spouse.

Stogy likes this.
  11. Great story, car, and girl. Congrats to everyone involved . With a tear in my eye and joy in my heart , I write this. FANTASTIC!!:)

chryslerfan55, Stogy and mctim64 like this.
  12. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

This weekend Bella showed our Roadster for the first time at The Spokane Speed and Custom Show. There were a couple of other Bitchin’ traditional HotRods in her class, and one (that I thought would get first) was an authentic 1960’s build.
    Well, she won first. What a great surprise.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  13. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Attached Files:

14. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

And in honor of a good friend we lost a few days ago. For Erik Johnson the Pontiac Preacher.

Attached Files:

15. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Just figured I’d bump this up for anyone that may be interested, and missed seeing it last year. Last time it was aired, it was only on for about three weeks or so and then vanished. But now if you happen to have Amazon Prime, it’s on there, including the other 5 episodes, it’s called: “The Ride That Got Away”.
    But, I’m partial to Bella’s roadster episode, hah. If you watch it, I hope you enjoy it, when it first came out I got nothing but positive replies. It’s been a fun car, and is put away for the winter and I’ve been thinkering with an A-V8 coupe, until we can get it out again in spring.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  16. Jack Rice

Jack Rice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm a little late to this but that's an awesome story! So great to see the enormous generosity poured out that way. As a cancer survivor myself, congrats on you both being survivors. Happy endings are very heartwarming, best of luck and happy cruising.

chryslerfan55, Ken Carvalho and Stogy like this.
  17. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Positivity is a beautiful thing...certainly a moving story with some of the Hambs membership stepping up to make a dream in wellness come together...so happy the young lady has overcome such a horrible illness...So High Fives and thoughts for continued good health to Bella and for that matter you too Ken...

Hope this year opens up further opportunity to get out and experience the joy a Hotrod brings...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  18. bob miller 32

bob miller 32
    from france

enjoy the life bella ! i saw this tv show in france and happy to saw kev elliot ( meet him in the 80's in brittany )

Ken Carvalho, mctim64 and Stogy like this.
  19. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I just saw this episode tonight for the first time. I hope Bella and her family are doing well.
    The show is available to stream on Prime in case anyone is interested in watching.

mctim64 and Ken Carvalho like this.
  20. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have never been able to make it all the way through any reality show or the gold chainer auctions, none of which have anything to do with reality in my world. I probably skipped over the thread because of "TV" in the title. The thread caught my eye this time because of the name Bella, which has a personal connection for me now. What a wonderful story about a great family and the good people who have put this show together. I don't usually get choked up but this did it for me. This show's theme of giving is absolutely perfect for the Christmas season in these troubled times. Thank you Ken, Bella and all the people at The Ride That Got Away. Merry Christmas to HAMB'ers everywhere.

21. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

We’re doing good, the roadster is put away for wintertime, Bella celebrated 8 years cancer free in August, I celebrated 5 years, back in April, and she turned 16 in September. We drive it regularly in the spring and summer. Still can never repay all the people involved in this, and especially our great friend Troy.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  22. Old post I know, but deserves a bump. I just watched the show (and I don't normally watch new car shows or much new period) and was thankful I did. What a great car going to a great deserving family, as I was trying to find pics of it and knew it would be on here (can't believe I missed it the first time).

Any updates on the family and the '32.......hope all is well.

23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Ken popped in with an update on social media, things seem well and she’s about to graduate!

24. SS327

SS327

I’d like to know how Bella and the car are doing also. I missed this before. I hope all is well!

Ken Carvalho, mctim64 and 33Doll like this.
  25. 33Doll

33Doll

Cool! Update please?

Ken Carvalho likes this.
  26. Remember watching the episode… cool and heart breaking at the same time. So glad to hear that Bella is doing well…you too. Awesome ride, I hope you all get to enjoy the car for many years to come.

Ken Carvalho and mctim64 like this.
  27. Ken Carvalho

Ken Carvalho

Hi all, a little update….Bella is doing great. She still has “bumps in the road” here and there and that’s just a part of her life now, and she has learned to just deal with it and move on in a positive way. She is 17, will be 18 in September (which is a GREAT thing, as her initial diagnosis was terminal), and she graduates high school on Monday. Unfortunately we haven’t pulled the roadster out this year as she has been concentrating on school and job hunting and I work 12’s all week and am just worn out on the weekends until work slows down. But it is sitting in the garage covered and ready to go when things calm down around here. Thanks again for all the nice comments and support of my “not so little, little girl”.
    Ken