Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Tricks played on friends.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard51, Mar 22, 2019.

1. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

I worked in a body shop with two brothers, the younger (new hire) kept borrowing tools from his brother Joe and not returning them. So at the end of the first week , Joe filled a couple of drawers with expanding foam. That solved the problem.

2. Wrench666

Wrench666

My dad told me him and some guys at the old paper mill, set up a prank running the coil wire to a metal bench in the lunch shack. When the guys were sitting on the bench, another guy went out and started the lift truck and revved the shit out of it. One of the guys getting shocked was screaming power aweee aweee aweee aweee. Wish I would have seen that one

3. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

We had a Champion Spark plug cleaner/tester in our shop, with five mechanics. That thing would shoot a spark a quarter mile... I swear! Folks kept coming in from the street dept, San dept, etc borrowing our city owned tools, citing they belonged to the city, so why worry?
    Well a wire mysteriously appeared from the tester to some of the tool boxes! Well, it worked too good...... nobody would touch our tool boxes, for any reason...... we got bored with them pussing out........and turned on ourselves!

Until the shop foreman came out and confiscated the tester, all of us were scared to touch our own tool boxes!

Bones

Lepus likes this.
  4. indyjps

indyjps

A more modern one, i tied a set of the fake bull nuts to my bro-in-laws girlfriends pathfinder. She never looks at anything except the drivers door. Drove around a while like that.

czuch likes this.
  5. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I was a kid in the early 60's, I worked in a bowling alley--in the back. We fixed the stoppage when a pin got caught in the ball return door and little stuff like that.

The back was also the repository for all the new bowling ball and pin stock. One day after Christmas, all the folks showed up with their new Columbia 300 bowling balls which came in multiple colors and had a swirly pattern. If we wanted to mess with someone we would find a new ball that matched the bowler's ball-- except that the new balls had no holes. When the ball came up the return belt to be dropped onto the return track we would shortstop that ball and drop a new ball down the return.

It was kind of funny watching the bowler rolling the ball over and over trying to find the finger holes. Not funny? You need to know that it was funny to a couple of 15 year old kids.

And a little dab of grease in the thumb hole of the village asshole was funny, too.

wraymen, Lepus, Truck64 and 6 others like this.
  6. Papas32

Papas32
    from No.Ia.

in the mid-eighties I was working on a big commercial const. job. The resident engineer had just purchased a brand new Pontiac Fiero. All I heard all day long was what a great car it was! By pure luck, the next day we got a shipment of material and in one of the crates was a piece of plastic the same thickness and color as the Fiero body panels. At lunch break I laid the piece of plastic just under the drivers door. When we came out to the parking lot after work the Fiero was stripped down. He had removed every panel he could to try and find where the broken piece pf plastic came from.

Lepus and raven like this.
  7. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Back in 70's during the van craze a buddy bought a new Dodge custom van and right off started bragging about all the strange he was getting. We rearranged the letters on the hood to spell Dogde and called it the Bow Wow van, which he thought was a cool name. It took about a month before he noticed what happened..

8. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My 39 Indian Scout has a breather line that does it...

9. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

We had a dude in the shop who was the smartest, coolest dude you ever heard talk about himself.
    He left for a different shop with a reputation as a pirate shop with loose ethics and a bigger paycheck.
    He came back after a few months to brag and show of his new rims and laugh at us.
    We were breaking up for the day and after a few beers we'd engage in creeper races.
    Cement ramp, run as fast as you can go then jump on the creeper to see who goes the farthest.
    One of the guys had just gotten a new Snap-On lo-rider creeper.
    We were told by McCool that he had one, of course, and was the best at his new shop.
    Off they went.
    The lo-rider didn't have enough room between the lip edge and the ground for w 1/2 inch wrench.
    As all the meat came off his knuckles he jumped and we took him in and ran cold water over his now handburgers.
    They were a mess. He was back at work on Monday, much to his credit.

10. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Back in high school, we liked playing tricks on our friends. This 1961 scene was recently brought up during a conversation with one of my oldest friends from those days . He laughed the whole time we talked about the incident. (Nothing fades in 57 years.) He was the owner of the Cal rake, 55 Chevy, black and white 2 door sedan. It was his first car and was a very cool cruiser during our runs around the Bixby Knolls areas. But, as we got to know more friends in our group, being teenage boys always takes precedence in the Friday night gatherings after the big time varsity football/basketball games.
    upload_2019-4-13_17-5-0.png FRIDAY ART JULY 2018
    It was a tradition that we would all go to the recreation center after the game, listen to live, local rock and roll bands, (Pyramids) and stay until it was time for more food at the Bixby Knolls drive-in restaurants. But, this one Friday night, my 55 Chevy friend decided to hang out with his girlfriend that we all knew. That broke a tradition that had been going on for months and years. The girlfriend knew she had him wrapped around whatever, so she said, “Let’s go out after the game.” He did and we all laughed at him…actually we all wanted to go out with his girlfriend. Ha!

But, as they left for places unknown, we knew where she lived and she was a tremendously good looking girl and a good sport. A lot of good looking girls at our school would have killed us with this prank. The “Boys” decided to get water balloons, climb into the trees in front of her house. Some were directly in front of her house, but I thought they were going to be down two houses for more privacy. I knew both of them quite well. For us, the wait was planned out well and within 30 minutes, they arrived at her house. But, guess where they parked? Right under the tree that I was sitting in, high up, so they could not see me.

Now, the other guys were stuck in the trees as they could not get down for fear of being seen. But as soon as they saw no one in the car, they climbed down to get in the nearby bushes for the attack. (No one in the car? Submarine races for sure.) So, within another 30 minutes, the guys on the ground started creeping forward, loaded with water balloons. I could just drop my water balloons down on the front windshield. Actually, I could not see anything going on in that 55 Chevy, although it was very quiet from where I was sitting in the tree.

Finally, the guys could all see each other and the signal was given in the count of three to toss the water balloon on the windows and whole car. There were 5 guys with balloons. It was a huge surprise to our friends inside the 55 Chevy, and we were all standing around laughing when they came out of the car. Of course, more balloons came flying at them. S.O.B.s and other niceties were heard coming from the 55 Chevy.

We all laughed, pointed at them and took off running down the street to the next block for our cars. That was the talk of the school the next Monday morning. I took some sh$%# in class from his girlfriend, but she was smiling as she laid it on the line. (She just wanted to know what I saw…) Ha, ha!

Jnaki

What happened a week later was that my friend with the 55 Chevy showed up at my house on the Westside, on Sunday, at 3 am, in the morning, with his girlfriend. He purposely drove up onto the driveway angled at the front lawn of our house. (My mom’s Dichondra grass was as nice as possible.) He instantly stomped on the gas and left two tire marks across the grass. (Positraction) Little did he know that my dad’s window was right there and my dad came running out of the front door when my friend had come back for round two.

As the 55 Chevy was laying another round of marks, my dad gave chase down the block. I was right behind him with a baseball bat. But, then I realized it was my friends in the 55 Chevy. Ha ha…The joke was on me. Payback was not nice according to my mom…I had to dig up the grass and replant more for her, for free. My dad was saying under his breath that those go&^%%$ kids were %$#! as he was huffing and puffing all the way back to our house.

I was the laughing stock at school Monday morning and all day. The friendly, finger of fate was constantly used as a reply. After our HS graduation, my friend’s old girlfriend was my daily companion, driving to the local college and back, for the next two years. She had her little Renault 4 door and I had my 1958 Impala on alternating days. When we drove up to where our friends were all parked and ready for classes, it was old home week. But, friends will be friends to this day.

raven likes this.
  11. Gman0046

Gman0046

Back in the day, there was a real Douche in our area, a friend of mine dropped an unrolled condom down his cars gas filler pipe. To make sure the condom went into the tank, he peed in the condom before dropping it into the filler pipe. When his gas tank level got low the condom would cover the fuel tank pick up and the engine would shut down. I don't believe the Douche ever figured it out.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  12. “Friendly tricks” or not........ damn we are all a bunch of comedic assholes !!!
    :D

DE8B9E14-3162-4754-A5E4-C67F7570F004.gif

Boneyard51 likes this.
  13. Gabby

Gabby

I knew a guy who totaled his 67 Firebird. I was towed to the local body shop and many people just had to go see it. He was dating a preacher's daughter and when the preacher when to see the car, he was not very happy to see condoms all in the floorboard. My buddy's friend had threw the condom in as a joke.

14. Lugnut73

Lugnut73

Expanding foam seems like it was just made for pranks! So easy to fill something up, and it's a lot harder to get rid of than you think. Lots of picking at it to chip it away. Keeps em busy for a while.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  15. belair

belair

16. Lugnut73

Lugnut73

Hey! You're letting the secret out! It's more fun to watch em hack at it for hours!

LOL although the acetone plus foam mix is still a gooey mess.

bonneville bones and Boneyard51 like this.
  17. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Putting marbles in hubcaps was always good for newly weds at low speeds.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  18. gatz

gatz

Put some Limburger cheese on the exhaust manifold of my brothers 56 Merc when he got married.
    He said later: "paybacks can be a bitch..."
    He was right,; he did to our car when we got married.

Atwater Mike and Boneyard51 like this.
  19. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I like the Harmless jokes, that is: rocks in the hub cap, zip ty on the drive shaft, and even putting extra gas in your buddies car and watching him brag..... but jeez guys some of those pranks are kinda mean! ........

Bones

firstinsteele and loudbang like this.
  20. There was this rich kid I didny like he got a brand new muscle car for graduation. Drove it like a old woman. wouldn't get on it because his excuse was it wasn't Broken in. I poured a gallon of used oil mixed with a gallon of diesel in his gas tank. It smoked like a tire kill. they took it back to the dealer and the warrany swapped the engine and the new engine smoked just as bad. The dealer finally figured out the gas was the culprit.

caseywheels likes this.
  21. Right at the start of WWII my uncle Sonny was welding inside of a pipe. someone beat on that pipe with a hammer. Uncle Sonny came out of that pipe and there was a guy walking by carrying a sledge hammer. Uncle Sonny beat the guy up real good. He was not the guy who beat on the pipe. Uncle went to jail. Had to join the navy or serve time. So he joined the navy. A local Barber was very rabid political supporter of a certain party. someone put bumper stickers from the opposing party on his vehicles over the ones he had put there. He didn't notice for several days when someone told him. He posted a add in the paper offering a reward for info of who the culprit was. So he became a favorite victim. Bumpers stickers appeared on the mailbox and barber shop ect all the time.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  22. There was a guy bought a real nice new aluminum car trailer. Pulled it everyplace behind his truck even when empty just to show it off. Parked it near the shop at work. Someone deflated his tires and refilled them with acyetelyne. All 4 blew out about the same time. He never figured out what the cause was.

23. I worked for a guy who was always pranking everyone. his wife made E Lax Fudge. He had a dog whistle filled with powder whwn you blew it filled your face. He would throw a rubber snake on you when you where under a truck. I wasnt working for him any longer. We caught a big six foot coach whip snake. We had to return a 5 gallon gear oil bucket. So my son and I placed a tool box with a tray with some bolts in it and the riled up snake below the tray in the trunk of his 64 Fairlane. Where we had to remove the box before we could get the bucket of gear oil out. so I removed the box set it on his shop floor and then got the grease bucket. Asked him Stanley where you want tis at. He showed me . my son closed the trunk started his car and drove around front . hollered hurry up dad quit flapping your jaws I got a Date! So we left. Stanely and his help Jim opened the tool box and removed the tray. Jim was deathly a scared of snakes and it scared Stanely too. Someone else came by and caught the snake and ther put it back in the box, When a customer showed up they would sneak the boxinto the bed of their truck. Then make a comment so the customer would open the box. Had some fun. then some customer killed the snake. Then they draped the snake along the top of the seat back of some old guys pickup. He drove off towards town and made it to air flo before the snake fell off around his neck. He panicked left the road had a wreck and totaled his truck. It cost Stanely over $20,000 .

24. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Not really a prank, but involved a chicken snake:
    Old man that did my truck mechanic work before he died told me about one of his cousins back in the 50's that had a Model A sedan, a 4 door I think. One of the farmers had a coupe body sitting beside his barn, he had used the frame for a hay trailer which was pretty common back then. He talked the farmer out of the coupe body for $5 or $10, and decided to change it over to his frame that day. He took his body loose and rolled it off, then he and the farmer slid the coupe body over to his frame and bolted it down. He took off for home to get a bath since it was Saturday and he had a date with his sweetie.

That summer evening just before dark, they were riding along, and this big old chicken snake that had been coiled up in the car dropped out on their feet. He went out one door, his girl went out the other! Car ended up in the ditch, fenders bent, but mostly unhurt. They ended up getting married sometime later and lived a long life together. My mechanic friend ended up with the Model A, the girl said she'd never ride in it again, so he traded his cousin his 27 T sedan for it. He kept the A until about 5 years before he died when a guy came along and made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

He told this for the truth, and I have no reason to doubt him.

25. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

My 4 favorites:

1. Several guys at my former job (managed a county road maintenance department) rode Harleys. One guy started riding his Honda and parking with them. The guy with the Honda was usually the first guy back into the shop at the end of the day and would take up residence on a bench and wait for time to punch out at the end of the day. One day a few of the Harley riders walked in right before time to clock out and told the Honda rider his gas tank was leaking really bad. The guy got up and ran out to check his leak. What he found was 3 bags of rice poured on the ground under his bike complete with a trail running toward the drain in the parking lot. Good laugh for everyone.

2. Jacked up a friend's car one night and stuck a half a watermelon under each back tire, rind down and slimy side up. Then a small pile of gravel in front and behind each front tire. You couldn't see the piles of gravel since they were towards the inner side of the tire and the car was in grass. Dude spun the tires for 15 minutes trying to get his car to move. We convinced him it was the dew on the grass causing his problems and he just needed to burn thru it. He finally figured it out about the 20th time he walked around the car. Hard to keep a straight face watching that one.

3. Had a guy at the road job that was a total asshole. He was mean, nasty and cheap. We had some old scrapers parked out behind the shop. One spring our old shop foreman pulled a bunch of smaller horse weeds out of the necks of the scrapers and put them in tomato boxes and set them on a table where everyone could see them when they walked in. He had planted his garden the night before and had saved all his little crates his tomato plants came in. Everyone but the asshole knew what was happening. When asshole came into the shop he asked what was with all the tomato plants. The shop foreman told him he bought tomatoes plants and his wife didn't know it and she bought tomato plants too, so they had way too many plants. Anyone that wanted them could have them. Asshole took all of them and put them in his car for the day. That night asshole spent hours planting the "tomatoes". After a few weeks and no sign of a tomato asshole asks what is wrong with the plants. The old foreman told him he forgot to tell the guy he needed to water that style of tomato plant extremely well and Miracle Grow twice a week at least. Said they were slow to bear fruit but once they started they would go like crazy and he would have free tomatoes all summer long. After a couple months the plants were almost 8' tall, he was still watering them and fertilizing them but still hadn't gotten a single tomato off of a single plant. The old shop foreman kept telling him be patient, water and fertilize. Asshole tended to those horse weeds all summer long, finally a neighbor asked why he was letting the horse weeds grow up on the edge of his garden like that. The shit hit he fan the next day. That was almost 3 good months of laughter every day the asshole came into the shop.

4. The old shop foreman was the kind of guy that you would never expect would pull a prank on anyone. Nice, sweet old man that treated everyone like one of his kids or grandkids. He was an evil genius. We had a guy that ate anything somebody brought in to share. Not a piece, he ate everything that they brought. Bring a Tupperware full of cookies and he would stand there and eat them until they were gone, he didn't care if anyone else got one. Watched him eat a whole birthday cake once. The old shop foreman brought in some wrinkled up apples that had fallen off his tree at home. I ran the grease gun and we pumped each of those apples full of grease. If you use a needle grease gun tip and go right up thru the center of the bottom of the apple you will never see a sign of any wrong doing. Took a little experimenting but we figured out how plump we could make an old shriveled apple before it split open someplace. Well, old greedy comes in the next morning and sees all the nice plump apples and stuff his pockets all full, his lunch box and then grabs one and takes a huge bite out of it. You have never seen a funnier sight. Grease running out both sides of his mouth and trying to figure out what happened just now. About died laughing.

SPark

26. Lugnut73

Lugnut73

We used to do that one a lot to guys' car on their last day before vacation. They were trying to hightail it out of there and boy did that slow em down! You can make it even more slippery with a little axle grease on the slimy side of the watermelon rind.

27. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

We had a really nice ......but gullible little lady who worked in the machine shop doing stocking and paperwork. Her husband was a machinist there too. I was good friends with Polly, so my teasing was always good natured. Anyway, it was a particularly hot day and she had made herself LARGE glass of ice tea. She walked away from her desk and left it sitting there. I went over and took one of the plastic envelopes that they kept our work orders in. I placed the thin plastic folder on top of the glass, inverted the glass and set it on her desk. Then pulled the plastic out and set a small weight on it.
    When she returned and saw the glass, the first thing she did was to scream my name out. I walked over, and she asked me how I did that. I told her it was all in the wrist, you just had to not hesitate and be fast in turning it upright. Oh, did I mention that Polly was gullible.
    Some time later (months), I was sitting at a radial drill when Polly walked past. She wadded up a "small" piece of paper she had and threw it at me with her left hand. She was right handed. Anyway the paper was so small and light it could not have killed a fly if it had landed on it. Anyway, the paper hit an old machinist that was running another radial drill. I hesitate to say hit, more like "fluttered" over and hit him in the face. Being an ass, he made a big deal out of it and went and reported her to the boss. I kinda miss Polly, she was a nice person.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  28. CA. 280

CA. 280

Anyone who grew up in San Francisco in the 60's and 70's knows about the stop light at Sloat Blvd and Upper Great Highway.
    All the out of towners wanted to cruise the "Great" on the weekend, trick was to pull up beside one, rev up and blast off for about a quarter mile then hit the brakes and watch them roar past you and the motorcycle cops who were always hiding there on the weekend.

29. This reminds me of a job I was on in the early 80s. A lumber mill in Packwood (near White Pass) was putting in a addition and hired an electrical contractor to do the electrical and control work; they did the rest. It was too far to commute to on a daily basis (particularly during the winter), so all of us that went up there either rented something local or drug a travel trailer up there to live in during the week. Note: travel trailers are not practical housing when snow is 6 feet deep...

Anyway, every Friday we went home, coming back Sunday or early Monday morning. There was little police patrolling on the highway or traffic, so I'd wind the car up 90 or so in the open areas. Spring arrives, so we got a couple of apprentices sent up to the job after their night school was out. One was an obnoxious know-it-all who was sure he knew more than any of us and was always stating that.

The first stretch out of Packwood was to Morton, about 35 miles. There was one WSP car that patrolled this, always out of Morton towards Packwood between 4 and 5 pm, roughly the same time every day. So once you passed him, you could put the hammer down. So the first couple of Fridays, after seeing the WSP I blew by this kid like he was parked. The third Friday comes, and he announces to everybody that no one was going to beat him today. Yep, you guessed it; about 5-6 miles out of town he's pulled over. Probably didn't help that we all honked at him when we went by...

He got a several hundred $ ticket, narrowly avoided going to jail. Comes in Monday, pissed off. Starts complaining, why didn't we warn him, etc, etc, until the Bossman tells him how he was telling us all how smart he was, we thought he'd figure it out. Guess he's not as smart as he thinks? He learned to keep his mouth shut after that... LOL.

30. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Me & a bunch of friends use to go to the Frog Follies in Evansville, In. every year and stay at one of the motels nearby. One guy had bought a former give away car from the NSRA. He was real proud of it and the F.F. was the 1st major show he took it to. While he went to eat (he walked) one of his friends in the car club he was in, pushed his car around the back side of the motel, then went to bed. When the car owner came back he thought someone had stole his car. He was running around screaming, and called the cops. Someone that was setting out by their car had witnessed the whole thing and came over & told the cops where the other guy had pushed it. The cops & the owner went around back & found the car. So to get even with his prankster friend, he put a For Sale sign on the guys car that said, "Lost job need cash, must sell before heading home by 10AM Sunday. All offers considered,"and included the guys cell phone number. This guy was well known for sleeping in after doing a lot of drinking the night before. Well his phone started ringing off the night stand at 700 am and he probably got 30 calls by 7:30am. The original guy who had his car hid, got to the car show early & was telling every body he knew what he had done to the prankster. When the prankster finally came rolling in about 9am, everyone who knew him started hollering how much do you want for your car, or did you sell your car? That guy didn't take kidding well, but he learned to get a thick skin that day. People kidded him all day long.

Crazy Steve likes this.