Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Whats it worth? '32 Ford door

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RMR&C, Mar 31, 2019.

1. So I've had this door for a long time, I'm thinking of taking it to the next swap meet. It's a RH door for a tudor sedan. I have no idea what to ask for it.
    It's pretty straight, but has some minor rust....

DSCN0992.JPG :D:eek:

2. Have a sign painter put a fake shop name on it then weather it to match the door..
    You can get more money that way.

RMR&C likes this.
  3. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Hinges are worth something! Make a picture frame out of it....

RMR&C likes this.
  4. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

original henry 32 doors should be worth their weight in gold. not sure how much yours might way though. looks like it may have come off semi truck. has the extra window at bottom to see in blind spot better. guessing its rare.:D

RMR&C, Texas Webb and WB69 like this.

5. miker98038

miker98038
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Aren’t you a day early? Tomorrow is April 1st.

RMR&C, WB69 and jetnow1 like this.
  6. Have you tried to buff it out yet?

RMR&C, VANDENPLAS and WB69 like this.
  7. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Wall art??

RMR&C likes this.
  8. Just having a little April 1 fun......

9. I have one that matches the one you posted, the only problem is it's the same side. HRP

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  10. Ask the "American Pickers", they know everything or know 'experts' who do know the value.:rolleyes:

RMR&C and WB69 like this.
  11. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

My dad always said that they'd be looking at the wrong end of a shotgun barrel if they ever showed up at his farm! He always said, "it's mine to make money off of if he wanted to sell it". Why should he sell it below value to them so that they could make money selling it. Oh yes, my dad was a buyer, never sold anything!

12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I have a grille shell and insert hanging in my deuce storage garage that must have come off the same car as your door. It was so rough it hung on the front outside of my shop for almost 20 years and nobody bothered it. I'd part with my nice shells before that one.

RMR&C likes this.
  13. BJR

BJR

That could be worth a lot to the patina crowd, they are into crap like that.:D

RMR&C likes this.
  14. fuzzface

fuzzface

I would take it to a swap meet and throw a $500 price tag on it and put sold on it. That should get the crowd talking. :)

32Tudor396, WB69, ramblin dan and 2 others like this.
  15. patsurf

patsurf

best answer here!

16. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

That door reminds me of a do it yourself hot rod kit I saw on a local message board.

Attached Files:

• $_59.jpg
      $_59.jpg
      File size:
      159.4 KB
      Views:
  17. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

I should laugh but I'm guilty of doing that a few times.

18. fuzzface

fuzzface

Problem with taking them to a swap meet and throwing a sold sign on them will cause people with nice clean original doors to want a few thousands each for them then.

I have seen it the opposite way though and that stirs the pot too without causing damage to us.
    one year at the swap meet, the vendor across from me parked a 32coupe with a $3200 price tag on it with a sold sign on the window.

People were complaining that they missed it and Scott(the owner) would rub salt in the wound and say he just sold it 15 minutes ago. People try offering more or told him it was way to cheap( then he would respond back with why did it take this long to sell it then?). Eventually when it seem they were ready to leave then he would let the cat out of the bag that it was just a big joke and get the crowd laughing.

Basically he wanted to show his car but not leave it on the other side so he parked it next to him where he could watch it but technically it had to be for sale if it was in that section so he had fun with it.

I had so much fun that year next to him