Register now to get rid of these ads!

Classifieds rules ?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by harpo1313, Apr 1, 2019.

1. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

So I usually check the adds in the morning to see the new stuff up for sale. For a while now ive been seeing the same shit every day , in order to see the fresh stuff I have to look through pages and pages to find the recent postings. usually by just looking at the date of postings. Thats just ignorant to post your car, part ,whatever every day or every other day. Lets have some respect here fellas. And just so I don't get flamed ,myself I have no use of my hands so this is a real pet peeve of mine.

2. Not sure that I completely understand. No one can bump their ad up to the top until 3 days have passed. Am I missing something? Sorry to hear of your loss of use of your hands.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    bobss396 and harpo1313 like this.
  3. I noticed it a lot looking at the cars for sale, like clockwork a bunch of them just bump their ads up.

They don't get the hint when their stuff is not getting any bites. Especially for cars selling for over a year or so. Either figure out what wrong with your pricing, or find another forum or try ebay.

They need to do some research on pricing and demand.

Seems that we have a lot of career swapmeeters showing up to pimp their wares here, that they love to carry to each swap and not sell.

ClayMart and harpo1313 like this.
  4. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

My bad ,I thought it was a longer period than 3 days . I waited 30 days to repost my trinkets over the years.

5. I have not been looking much lately but I got an idea that he may be talking about reposting the ad. Like I got a Ford hood for sale and selling Ford hoods is how I make a living so I post it today and then I post the same ad again tomorrow.

Last time I looked it seems like I saw a few duplicate ads.

6. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

You can not bump a ad for 3 days - it is timed so it won’t allow you to bump until 3 days is up.

If you see someone duplicating the same ad the next day etc. please report it and Moderators will delete it.

If guys are duplicating ads daily or every other day - then they are trying to take advantage of the spirit of the rules.

That person could lose the privilege of posting ads completely on the HAMB.

The HAMB Classifieds are free so why risk abusing what are very fair rules.

Thanks,

7. I've also noticed some guys will delete their "btt" from the day before and them "btt" again....every day. It is very annoying.

harpo1313 likes this.
  8. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Show me.

Send me links / examples

9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I have my own ad going so I am going to do as some of you have stated and get back with you.

10. I have reported them in the past. PM me if you want more info

11. I just bumped an ad I have going. Deleted it, and bumped it again.

12. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I know there are no rules about it but, it surprises me when folks
    don't post photos with their ads. Photos motivate buyers.

13. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Reviewing system .....

14. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

In the mean time of a System Program Review.....

If guys are trying to and or circumventing the rules and spirit of the rules - their ads will be deleted completely.

Doing a system program check...

abe lugo, XXL__ and harpo1313 like this.
  15. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

hope I didn't ruffle feathers but the marketplace here is like no other and taking advantage is kinda lowering the bar and inviting more rules.

41rodderz and Boneyard51 like this.
  16. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Not at all.
    We don’t always see glitches.
    If you guys see stuff report it.

Thanks !

Hombre and harpo1313 like this.
  17. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Harpo,

What you are probably noticing is certain sons-a-bitches violating the 5 ads/bumps per day. There are a bunch of guys that post a ton of stuff to the classifieds and they will regularly bump 8, 10, or even more ads at a time. Some guys try to get cute and delay their bumps over the course of an hour or so, so that all of the dozen or so ads aren't all in a row. In my mind these dirtbags should be banned from posting in the classifieds altogether.

Oh man...quick!...somebody get me a Snickers bar!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    harpo1313 and abe lugo like this.
  18. If they do it enough times, they WILL be banned. We always give them a fair warning via the "conversation" feature. If it continues, bub-bye.

lothiandon1940 and Thor1 like this.