Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods PICTURE WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PIECRUST&RUST, Mar 30, 2019.

1. PIECRUST&RUST

PIECRUST&RUST
    from kansas

I just snapped a photo at my parents garage because it looked cool but started to look at it and start thinking. This is the garage that my passion started in, that my father taught me everything I know in, and that I learned to work in. This driveway and alley is where my '50 Dodge first roared to life and where I learned on the fly how to drive a model T with my dad cheering me on from behind. Call me sentimental but I think some photos can evoke alot of emotion. If I really sit and think about all the good times that happened here with my father I can even start to tear up a little. There's my sentimental photo, how about anybody else? Might be fun to see some other peoples photos that really evoke the passion for the hobby and why.
    FB_IMG_1553955315244.jpg

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

That 57 Chevy sure looks confused as to what it wants to be!

Deuces and dana barlow like this.
  3. Deuces

Deuces

A gasser????.... ;)

4. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Here is a picture of a picture of my daughter heating the tires at Cedar Falls Raceway at age seventeen. She ran 14.0s @ 99mph with the Fairlane. 20190330_112540.jpg
    One of the best memories I have with her and the car was taking her out on the black top north of town and teaching my sixteen year old daughter how to use the line lock and do a burn out. She's a great kid even though she's thirty three now.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019

5. You done good.

loudbang likes this.
  6. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

"That 57 Chevy sure looks confused as to what it wants to be!"
    It wants a 150 gender re alignment & call my shop it's new home!

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  7. pkhammer

pkhammer

That '57 looks like one of those 4 door turned 2 door shorty jobs. I've got a good friend that did one of those back in the day. He still has it now.

egads and loudbang like this.
  8. PIECRUST&RUST

PIECRUST&RUST
    from kansas

Yes the 57 is a shorty, some love it some hate it lol. My dad told me all he had to cut the frame down with when he built it was a hacksaw. Took him over a week and an ungodly amount of blades to get it done. Its the hot rod that got me into hot rods