Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dream Deuce Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jim1932, Jan 8, 2019.

1. mkebaird

mkebaird

Wow! Livin' the dream!

2. swifty

swifty

Neat car, what a great find! I like the direction you're taking. What size are your Clark wheels? They suit perfectly.

Rich B. likes this.
  3. woodsnwater

woodsnwater
    from North Al.

What's the back story on how you found it? Don't tell me. A chance conversation with a stranger at a gas station right?

loudbang likes this.
  4. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice start, good luck !

loudbang likes this.
  5. What a great car!
    Just in case you miss all that room that a sedan has, and get a longing for one that runs great,
    I'm your huckleberry.
    Trade plus $$

OLSKOOL57 and loudbang like this.
  6. HA! its worse than that. an older guy contacts me from a wanted ad I had on fordbarn for a floor board. He was wondering if I was a guy he knew way back from my town. Nope not me... he mentions he has 3 closets full of 32 parts..nothing that sounds especially exciting, but as he is an hour from me I tell him I will come look. when I called back to set time to meet, I ask what car he has.... 32 5 window... is it for sale, "yea I guess so...." Typical tiny house with little one car garage out back. neighbors were shocked when we pulled the car out of there. No one knew it was there. Even the guy down the street who wired hot rods for a living, didn't know.

7. Figured why the rumble seat lid is off......

IMG_0890.jpg IMG_0891.jpg

alfin32, kidcampbell71 and dwollam like this.
  8. The Clarks are 16"

9. woodsnwater

woodsnwater
    from North Al.

If you hadn't put that ad up in the ford barn you wouldn't have ever known it was there either. Crazy how things work out. Congrats on the find!

10. I will say, the fact that we had both known a lot of the same people who are “the guys” in 32 fords helped. The late Dick Spadaro, Dave Rehor, Roy Nacewitz and a few others.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

11. Although the motor in it runs OK, I was in the middle of having a diamond block rebuilt. Counter balanced crank, Jim Brierley winfield grind crank, larger intake valves......

IMG_0720.jpg

12. Almost forgot I had this. image2 - Copy.jpeg image1 - Copy.jpeg

alfin32, IronFord, OLSKOOL57 and 10 others like this.
  13. Yeah, I know.... Need to get all this stuff on the car.......

IMG_3335.JPG

14. Here is the matching piece. Finally slowing down at work so in a week or so All the shiny goes on......

burns.jpg

V8-m, alfin32, OLSKOOL57 and 2 others like this.
  15. Dam, you are living right......best go by a lotto ticket..

16. .... the side cover is a reproduction. Not so hard to get. The intake is original. Had them both polished. I have a thing for Burns stuff. Even have a V8 intake. I am not a great mechanic... but I am pretty good at finding stuff.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. hardtimesainit

hardtimesainit

'a thing for Burns stuff'....
    Well, you may find it interesting then, that the maker of the burns stuff has again started up with making what you have and more. I have some original Burns stuff, but it is in a loong nap, as I'm into Riley .
    I've been looking for what you've found ('32 B with 4 banger) for a very long lot of years !

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  18. HardTimes, I am not sure there is any relation between the guy making the stuff now, and the original company. I met the guy at Hershey last year, and bought the side cover from him. We discussed my V-8 manifold but I am not eager to lose the rarity by having it reproduced, and he wasn't eager to pay the price to buy it off me. (Ignore the price, no longer for sale).

IMG_4295.JPG IMG_4296.JPG

19. tomkelly88, alfin32, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  20. Dropped the headlights. Was hard to find a Model B one (without the hole for the V8 emblem).

IMG_1069.jpg

V8-m, alfin32, Ron Funkhouser and 2 others like this.
  21. Went out today. Not sure if others know the motor trend reference but going roadkill on this car. Spacers on the trunk latch, still trying to force the damn reproduction spreader bar in. Going full F-it I am driving the damn thing. Seen too many cars spend decades in garages waiting to be perfect. Channeling my inner teenager trying to cruise main-street and pick up chicks. A car in the garage doesn’t do that. Fix as I can but drive it!

22. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

I take the attitude mine is never ending evolving project that I drive.

OLSKOOL57, loudbang and pprather like this.
  23. It's only a 'dream' until it hits the road. Then it's for real!

Phil

loudbang likes this.
  24. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

Some say a project is never finished. You strive to reach a goal,next thing,years go by. The Older You Get ,Quicker Time Goes.

greaser and loudbang like this.
  25. Drive it and enjoy it while you can.

Phil

kidcampbell71, OLSKOOL57 and loudbang like this.
  26. CF2BB84E-659C-448F-BC50-791DAE50DB18.jpeg Ran great. (Not sure what the odd reflection on the door was from).

JalopyJimbo, neverdun, V8-m and 13 others like this.
  27. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

What a good looking 32! Love the wheels and stance!
    Call me crazy, but I’ve always liked the look of a 5W over the 3W in a 32.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. I remember years ago on FB when you inherited the sedan......…..you were green as the grass on Deuces. You've learned well grasshopper.

kidcampbell71, norms30a and loudbang like this.
  29. Hot Dam that's a great looking car!

kidcampbell71 and pprather like this.
  30. Love the wheels, tires!

kidcampbell71 likes this.