Register now to get rid of these ads!

A moral dillema-what would you do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LUX BLUE, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I already called-sounds like it's getting better. Benedryl is nothing to mess with-we use it to calm psyche patients down...

2. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

the situation is already alot better. he is lucid and talking, but does not remember much of what happened. I think he ended up with a bad mix of benadryl and a pain killer of some sort.:( he might have suffered some brain damage-something was said about oxygen depravation. sucks.

I am holding where I am. I have already spoken to Roper and told him to hold off for a few days.

until I KNOW what is going on, I am not doing anything-for or against. I have to be reasonable,but firm at the same time.

I know that the drug situation makes it worse, but I thought of it differently-what if he had taken a spill down some stars and clobbered himself that way? would I be so quick to move then? if it is accidental, then what?

Max-I just found out this morning and it seemed pretty grim from the "first reports". option a is the worst case scenario (and unfortunatly still is.)
    it sounds like you might have dealt with this before.

I guess it all comes down to this. I need to not get too hasty, but not get lax on this either. I am going to see him in a few minutes to check up and see what happened. then I will have more answers to this.

stay outta the poison ivy and NEVER mix your meds!

3. 49 Fastback

49 Fastback
    from Ohio

Best of luck with this.

Tucker

4. As Poncho Villa would say,,,,if he was stll alive,,,,,C,,,HRP

5. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Sorry to hear about the guy, I'll say a prayer for him.

So, are you upside down for 6500 bucks in this truck? I'm not a body shop owner, but how did this happen that you extended that much credit, or more? I don't care what the parts are worth, cash is king. I wouldn't extend more credit than I was prepared to lose. I have friends that make monthly payment to their body shop, I'm not sure the shop will let them get that deep in debt, usually they'll just quit working on it until they get more dough.

Definately C. And CYA with the mechanics lien or whatever you can do, and remember this situation so you don't let it happen to you again.

Just my 2 cents :D I'd hate to see a guy lose money. It's hard enough to make an honest buck.

6. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

had this happen awhile back.we stopped working on it until the family got there ducks in order.they paid us for what we had done and then asked us to finish it and help sell it.we helped them sell it to one of our customers...we got paid the family had one les thing to think about and one of our customers got a rig at a decent price...do the right thing! karma's a bitch.....

7. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Door #3, Monte.......no question about it....

Brucie

8. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Dont panic.. You have the truck in your possesion do not release the truck untill you get paid. I would hold off on any new work untill the situation is resolved and you have money in hand. Give the situation some time and talk to the family.

9. hope that he is not a dealer, suspected as a dealer or has attracted the attention of local or federal DEA. They can come and confiscate the truck and no one gets zip. Sounds like you have the most zip to lose. Get as much or all of the money owed you, if the guy survives, and get away from the whole deal.

10. C.
    wait, don't do anything rash-thats what I would do.
    Good luck.

11. Max Grody

Max Grody
    from Ky

You're right Lux, been there, done that. It involved an airplane instead of a car, but pretty much the same situation you'd be facing if the guy passes away. I didn't bother filing a lein, although it might have been a good idea. All I did was present an invoice to the Executor and was paid in full a couple of weeks later. Good luck!

12. rev383

rev383

Get a lien on the truck ASAP. Friends are friends and business is business. No reason for you and your family to be jammed up. Drug users have other priorities and you're not it. Best of luck to you...and your friend.

13. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

This should be option D and it has my vote.

14. Rader Rods

Rader Rods
    from Texas

Lux...been there, first you need to stop all work, get all of it back to your shop, total a bill to date then wait. Make alot of notes of what happened and why you did what you did. Hopefully he will pull through and only some time and storage space will have been wasted. Always seek consul if it comes to that!

15. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

A lien doesnt mean youve taken it away from anybody .... it just permission from the state for you to keep it and sell it "IF YOU NEED TO" to recoop what you have in it. If he comes back from the edge and pays for his car within a timely manner, great. But most likely what will happen is..... it will cost his job and what money he may have to pay you. You have possession now, you dont need to do anything..... just wait. NOBODY can take it without paying the balance due anyway. Business is Business.

16. topcat662

topcat662
    from NM

C is THE ONLY answer!

17. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

lil' update...
    it was definitly a mix of laegal and "other" drugs:mad:--but he is up and doing much better.
    he has told one of my crew to continue on with the build,he has the cash and can certianly afford to build the truck (god,make me wealthy enough to be this dumb.)
    I guess the situation is officially resolved. I am going to go see him tonight.
    I am also going to collect enough cash to "get ahead" of his impending detox.
    mabey if he has something to look forward to,he will be commited to the program (we can hope a little,right?)
    all that said, I am going to get the paperwork together for a lein. I won't file it until there is a problew (well,a BIGGER problem,I guess)

now I am concerned that I am effectively giving a "loaded gun" to someone that clearly does not need one.
    I see de-tuning in my near future:( crap.
    I just want to build one really nice,really fast car that some wanker isn't going to take out a family of 5 in.
    at least it has really good brakes.

18. repoguy

repoguy

Possession is 9/10 of the law.

As long as you have possession, you are in control of the situation. They cannot force you to release it without your invoice being paid.

19. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I promise-when I get the teaching certificate/job in a year and half it's on!:D