Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Plymouth Suburban

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Surfwagonmiller, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Surfwagonmiller

Surfwagonmiller

Picking up this Plymouth Suburban. Any other Plymouth Suburbans out there. I believe this one is a 51.

Attached Files:

2. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

We have this fine example … needs everything, but has a sweet running '54 230 ... HPIM0657.JPG

54EARL likes this.
  3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

‘49/‘52 Plymouth Suburbans are one of my favorite vehicles......best wishes with your resurrection.

4. 51-52 Plymouth Suburbans had a production run of.....76,520 units

5. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

6. Leadheavy52

Leadheavy52

Heres my ‘52
    Found in a field in Colorado. Ordered with the 18” wheels as a “High Clearance” option. I would be all over the split-window ‘49! Parts for these old Plymouth (except for the tail lights and Suburban emblems) can be had easily and cheaply.

Attached Files:

7. Back in the early 1970's we had a chance to buy George Cerney's chopped 1949 Plymouth Suburban with a chopped top, flame paint job, and a Cadillac engine. The car had been in a fender bender, and the custom nose was gone. It had a stock Plymouth nose on it. The price was $ 2500.00, which was too much, considering we had to pay to
    have it hauled to the east coast from California.

8. RollinRock

RollinRock
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shipped this 50 Plymouth in from California. Difficult to find on the East coast that isn’t rusted out. Partial rebuild on the 217 in flathard so far.

Attached Files:

9. ojai/jan

ojai/jan
    from ojai, CA

I have finally decided that I can no longer enjoy my 1952 SAVOY suburban so I must sell it. 1952 Savoy Suburban with Art Morrison chassis, 1957 Chrysler hemi with Iskenderian cam, Hot Heads intake, Holly carb. Hot Heads long tube headers. Centerforce clutch with TKO 600 trans. All done with new parts, (I have $70,000 in receipts). First drive was 2/11 and no problems in 13,000 miles. Asking $50,000, let me know of any interest. Jan in Ojai, CA

10. Leadheavy52

Leadheavy52

I know the car! I love the treatment he did on the back windows and the slanted B pillar with the chop looks just right on these cars. I like both versions of the car, but it looks like it wasn't the first time it had been in a fender bender. If I'm not mistaken, that was also the reason for the change from the first iteration to the flamed version.

Attached Files:

osage orange and exterminator like this.
  11. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

I have posted shots of my '51 Savoy several times here. The Cerney version made an impression on me as there were not too many customized wagons in the '50s.

Bought mine in '84, from the original family. Drove it with the flathead for a long time and then swapped in a 318 and automatic. Probably the best all around car I have as it is a very nice car to drive. I use it most of the time.

51 Plymouth.jpg

12. donno

donno

There's a '50 here in 'Vegas, and I know of a '51 in Rapid City for sale. Unfired 392, needs to be finished.