Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Shipping help in NY??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sodakmini, Mar 29, 2019.

1. sodakmini

sodakmini

I have found a kool intake for my car in Tonawanda NY. But the guy will not ship. I’m hoping to find someone local to help me. Any takers????

2. nickleone

nickleone

I was in the shipping business for 21+ years.
    Two recommendations get him to find a box with padding to ship it in. Get the dimensions of the box.
    Go online to UPS/FEDEX sign up for an account fill out the info to ship the box, email him a label .
    For extra fee it can be picked up at the residence. Or dropped at a UPS/Fedex store.
    2nd recommendation. Find the nearest UPS store by zip code contact the store and arrange packing and shipping. DO NOT FORGET TO PUT DECLARED VALUE AND SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION ON THE PACKAGE.

Nick

3. sodakmini

sodakmini

Unfortunately he will not even put it in a box for me. I worked for Fedex air for 8years. I figured it would be pretty easy. My only option is someone picking it up and then shipping to me.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. oldolds

oldolds

That is a pretty big town. There should be a shipping store there. All he has to do is drop it off with your info. They will box it and ship it at you expense.

5. sodakmini

sodakmini

I will look into that option

6. If the guy won't co-operate maybe you don't need the intake. When-ever I sell something I always ship the item. I feel that if some-one is willing to buy my item, I am obligated to ship it to him, and thank him for his purchase..

7. sodakmini

sodakmini

I’d love to treat it that way. But it’s a fantastic deal on a pretty rare piece. I will put in a bit more effort and see where it goes.

8. badgascoupe

badgascoupe

Pretty rare,great price and ….might be too good to be true.

sodakmini likes this.
  9. sodakmini

sodakmini

I’m a very trusting optimistic person. I also get screwed a lot.

10. Sounds like an a.hole seller to me. Look further and find nice people that are willing to ship to you.

bobss396 likes this.
  11. If your really interested, I’m sure someone would help. I would, but just checked on an app and it’s 5 hours from me each way in NJ. Sorry, just too far. Pasr Buffalo. Good luck and I wish I could have helped out.

sodakmini likes this.
  12. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Out of 7 guys in the Tonawanda, NY area - Fullfendered is the only one that has posted recently - March this year 2019..

HAMB Name Location Last Logged on
    Fullfendered Tonawanda, NY Last logged on - Mar 22, 2019

FullFendered is a Alliance Member so he's invested in the HAMB which is a good thing.
    Maybe reach out to him and hopefully he may be able to help you out.

All the other remaining guys from Tonawanda haven't logged on in 3-6 years ago.

Hope this helps - good luck.

13. sodakmini

sodakmini

Awesome. Thank you

14. sodakmini

sodakmini

Well. I tried. I asked him if he would drop it off at his local ups store (which I had already called) and they would pack and ship. He simply said no, again. I had a hard time biting my tongue after that. So I guess I’m not getting that intake. Bummer. Guessing it was all to good to be true. Thanks for the help fellas.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. What kind of intake, how is the payment handled and where in Tonawanda ?

16. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

I was trying to figure when the next time I was going west, It's about 60mls. From me, Then I thought ... Swades on here a fare amount...Sure enough... Good on You

17. Tonawanda starts about a half hour from me but it's a pretty wide town too, just need to know the basics to see what all is involved.

18. sodakmini

sodakmini

Well. I chewed the guy out the other day for being difficult. Was a 2x2 edmunds 25” Chrysler flat 6 intake. I really wanted it. But I think I ticked him off.

19. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

You might try changing the thread title and put Tonawanda in it. Hope you can get it.

20. It's not even Tonawanda, it's North Tonawanda which is in Niagara county, further yet from me.
    Figure out what you're doing, if it's just picking it up and dropping it off at a UPS store I still may be of help, send me a message if needed.

21. sodakmini

sodakmini

I should probably delete this. Sorry for wasting everyone’s time. The fella who has it was beyond difficult. I had hard time continually biting my tongue and let him have it. Unfortunately it’s over. On to better deals! Thanks all!