Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects whats this worth? 31 dodge body/frame/frt fenders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sactownog, Mar 28, 2019.

1. wvenfield

wvenfield

More than one person gave you an answer.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. As I stated earlier....$500.00 if you need any parts from it. I will add that if you are really talented and are planning on using most of it to create something to drive, maybe $1,000. Certainly no more than that. As usual....only my personal opinion since I own two 1931 DB DH6 coupes and I have seen a LOT of '31's priced better.

patmanta likes this.
  3. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

THE H.A.M.B.: RULES & GUIDELINES
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-h-a-m-b-rules-guidelines.44274/

The HAMB is dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and kustoms to hoodlums world wide. That's right; TRADITIONAL. If you've come here to discuss anything other than Hot Rods or Customs built in a style representative of 1965 or before, you've come to the wrong forum.

So, yeah, I'm with everybody else saying $500 unless you're in love with it and can't live without it. If you just want to build a cheap RR bobber, you can probably find a half dozen aborted "old pickup cab on an S-10/T-bucket chassis with a 30-something grille shell" projects being sold off on CL by guys who "lost interest" at any given time this Spring. Your mileage may vary.

4. Budget36

Budget36

If you wind up with it for parts/etc, I;dbe interested in the steering box, it;s the same as my '32 PU.

5. Sactownog

Sactownog
    from SAN DIEGO

The reason this is coming up is because I am selling the vehicle/cab for the old guy who owns it and does not know how to use the computer.

it is all for sale. I just started thinking about it because I really like the cab front with visor and dual air vents on front. the 5 window and short cab are not my go to need/want's however, for the price of $1000 I am not sure if I should jump on it for the frame/fenders/cab.

which is why I am asking peoples opinions before the thread was hijacked by people about what the cab could be. HOT ROD ETC!

6. With the seller that “lost interest” don’t forget the ever present “the hard stuff is done”!

7. gene-koning

gene-koning

Is there any paper work that goes with the pile of parts? A usable title would increase the value, other wise, its worth the accumulative total value of the parts. 31 Dodge frames and fenders are not worth much unless you find someone that is looking for them.
    Might get that grand, or more at a rat rod site. Gene

classiccarjack and gimpyshotrods like this.
  8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

It didn't sell at the San Diego Stadium swap meet last month priced at $800 obo. While I stopped and gave it a look over and snapped these shots, I honestly don't remember the chassis being there, just the body on a trailer. The $800 tag said with title. If it has a clean title, that's a HUGE plus, because CA just recently changed the VIN verification routine to title an untitled car.

When I saw it, my first thought was build a street altered style like is commonly done with Bantams. Buy a T bucket and drop the body on it. ET III's out back with 12 spokes up front, chrome hairpins...
    I LOVE looking at stuff like this and "mind building" it while I walk around it!

Now that I see the frame and fenders, I'd say go for a full fendered, extended cab pickup like has been done with Model A's-basically a Coupe body minus it's quarter panels. Make a bed or fit a model A bed. Narrow up a Dodge stamped tailgate.

For a cool Grand, one gets a real solid rot free body, frame, fenders and a title! That's not a bad start for someone on a budget that wants to build a Hot Rod to participate and have some fun with. A guy could do a whole lot worse.
    upload_2019-3-28_20-56-0.png upload_2019-3-28_20-55-1.png upload_2019-3-28_20-56-0.png
    upload_2019-3-28_20-55-1.png

classiccarjack and patmanta like this.
  9. Sactownog

Sactownog
    from SAN DIEGO

damn,

old dude, did not tell me he tried to sell it at the swap meet with no luck.

hmm, maybe a cool $700 for the frame/body will take it home.
    I agree, a truck style hot rod is my goal to build. the body this is seems like a cool style to start with. hmmm. cash in hand, I wonder if I can change this into my new project.

thoughts.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Type in Modified Murray in a HAMB search and check out the project Scooter had on a 1931 Ford Fordor. Bob

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 and patmanta like this.
  11. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

12. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Let me know if you buy it. I would like to see it saved....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Sactownog likes this.
  13. Sactownog

Sactownog
    from SAN DIEGO

still not sure if it is a project I am willing to take on. but it keeps rolling through my mind of what it could be.

classiccarjack likes this.
  14. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

It certainly has potential

15. Sactownog

Sactownog
    from SAN DIEGO

yeah, however the amount of money to box frame, fix cab, buy new suspension/engine/tranny/rear end could be about $10k before drivable. however after that probably worth 15-20k ?????

16. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Nothing is cheap anymore....

17. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Old DB frames are pretty robust. You could probably get away with a small block MOPAR or mild SBC in there without boxing the whole rig. It looked to me like the suspension was mostly there. Dodge had pretty good springs back then and they were in great shape on the 1917 Touring I had. The width was about the same as a 47 Ford PU so I actually had one bolted up to the springs on it for a while. So 50's pickup rears have a chance of just bolting right up without relocating the pads. If you hit swap meets at the end of the day I bet you could get smoking deals on heavy stuff as long as you're not overly picky.

I don't see $10k in parts there but IDK what prices for steel and cast-off parts are like out your way. Bottom line though, IMO, you don't build an oddball project like this to sell; you do these because you think it's fun and want to do it for yourself.

18. Sactownog

Sactownog
    from SAN DIEGO

The body/frame/fenders are for sale for $1000, I can get them about $150 cheaper than that.

might be a good deal to jump on.

19. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

20. That may be a Chrysler? I'm building a 30' Chrysler coupe and the cowl and body lines are the same as what you have pictured. I didn't think Dodge had dual cowl vents on top.

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd make a real pickup cab of it 1st. That extra window gig is just, well, you know...

It's not scrap. You have a Dodge so you're likely within a realm of like-minded Dodge folk that suffer the same issues of availability most Ford/Chevy folk don't worry about. A newer flathead 6, proper cab, no shiney finishes, the right rollers, I see anything BUT the dreaded RR, yet the real question should be what do you see. What can you recoup in sell-off stuff with the 1st 60-90 days? I'm not Mopar connected at all so can't help ya there.