Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. RodStRace

RodStRace

chryslerfan55, AndersF, gonzo and 4 others like this.
  2. RodStRace

RodStRace

3. RodStRace

RodStRace

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Is there a stick big enough???:eek: JW

5. RodStRace

RodStRace

I'm reminded of an old saying from when I turned wrenches; "jack up the radiator cap and drive a new car under it."

BTW, I figure that all of these are less than the 6-7K a stage III or more kit would cost. Most completed cars are more than 15K these days...

Here's another that kind of speaks to me as a Mopar guy, although there are a number of changes from the std T bucket formula that I would not have gone with. Runs (no paper) for 5.5K.
    Shame he's not interested in any of the fine treasures I have just waiting to be traded! :p
    Oh, and it's 20 hours away, one way...
    https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/white-salmon-bucket-you-finish/6834434099.html
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. gonzo

gonzo

Couple of those Craig's list deal have definite potential.

loudbang likes this.
  7. The roadster with the turtle deck looks pretty neat ( 'cepting the mill). Lots of neat parts; but also looks like there could be some mystery to the QC. The Mopar powered bucket sure looks like it could be a good project for someone at that price; probably should look over at the fab work, hard to see in the CL pics.

8. RodStRace

RodStRace

Rich B,
    Yeah, that QC looks like it's currently in 'setup' mode. Bet it requires a full build. Notice the tacks on the coilover mount in the pic?

On the Mopar, aside from the non-typical T parts, the big thing that jumped out to me is the rear axle. (Please ignore the suspension, trad guys!) First, the location of the 4 bar at center and below (scrub line, anyone?)
    [​IMG]
    Then, the axle sure looks like a 7.25, which I wouldn't trust behind a strong /6. Blew one up behind a stock 318 in a car myself. Sure this is a lighter car, but why go to the trouble of fabbing up a wimpy axle?
    [​IMG]

Gonzo, yeah the old school advice is to find a stalled project if you can instead of buying it all new. The question is always, "how much are you going to change, and is what's left worth what you are paying?" These are just samples of what's listed out there.
    Here's another that is mixing late 60's drag car with a flathead motor!
    https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/las-vegas-1923-ford-bucket-kit-car/6846801468.html
    [​IMG]

and this one that the guy really went backwards on... :oops:
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/d/rathdrum-custom-23-street-rod-rat/6847826009.html

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  9. gonzo

gonzo

I've seen complete T Bucket projects for as low as 2,500 bucks. I'll build one of these cars someday but I'm actually leaning towards a full fendered T Coupe as my next project.

chryslerfan55, brEad and loudbang like this.
  10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I saw these seat belts and HAD to have them. I think they go great with my seat. They're not bolted in, yet.

[​IMG]

11. I like those, what are you going to bolt them to? JW

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

They'll end up bolted to the body. I'm going to place a metal brace under the body and run the bolts through it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  13. Good and glad to hear that, many bolt them to the chassis but if the body gets hit from behind and shears the body mounts you are whats holding it together. Carry on Sir, you are doing a great job.:cool: JW

14. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

I have the same belts for my bucket, Fred. Nice choice!

loudbang likes this.
  15. patman

patman

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

17. That needs to be in a museum to show future Bucket builders to not do any of this and a reminder of ''Just because you can, doesn't mean you should'' JW

loudbang likes this.
  18. I'm kinda digging the creative (backasswards) use of the headlight stands and that steering rack is to die for (or from). :eek::eek:

19. AndersF

AndersF

A new T-bucket frame and the most parts could be reused for a cool bucket.

RodStRace, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  20. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Tim, loudbang, AndersF and 6 others like this.
  21. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I like this one a lot, not too much ugly to get rid of! :cool:

loudbang likes this.
  22. RodStRace

RodStRace

Nice!
    I prefer a dropped front axle visually, but this one is set up nicely with the straight axle.
    Aside from other very minor, easily replaced nitpicks, the taillights are the only thing that I'd really want to work out a replacement for. Even they fit the tailgate pretty well.
    This is exactly what Chip was talking about when he said it should go back to earlier roots, but I like it with the cycle fronts VS big meats, Chrome everything and wild paint.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. RodStRace

RodStRace

gonzo, loudbang, AndersF and 2 others like this.
  24. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

There's a lot that I like on this one too!

loudbang likes this.
  25. gonzo

gonzo

26. Had some fun in mine on the weekend, got the win in this round:) but got beat in the next:(

t at strip.jpg

27. Thats cool, Graham, wish i knew you were down at the strip, what was the event? JW

28. We had a club day, brought 20 cars down for the weekend. Will be doing it again so much fun:)

29. It is a lot of fun, we attend Cruise Matinborough every year and we have Drags on Friday night.:cool::cool: JW

chryslerfan55, AndersF and loudbang like this.
  30. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

Mine

Attached Files: