Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1950 Studebaker business coupe gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PIECRUST&RUST, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sweet, that is going to be wild. Here is a shot I took of a similar IMG_5366.JPG one at an event last spring complete with a very pretty model standing in front of it.

loudbang likes this.
  2. mikeselcamino65

mikeselcamino65

3. rudestude

rudestude

Mike if you are referring to the Rudestude.. I am aware of that ... hence the Dana 60 w/4:10's , a spool , with leaf springs and housing floater's and 54" ladder/lift bars that I mentioned....and yes it will be a street driven car....trans case #3925660 date code : P9A27C ..tail shaft #3857584
    Input spline count-10 no rings ..output spline count- 27
    Rear tire height 26"-27"........main purpose for the car..go to the store to get milk..12mile round trip....or the bar....about 1000yrds one way...then another 1000yrds to bring it back home in the morning.....last time I made that run was in my 55 Chevy basically same setup ...fired up car ...set the nose back down in place....let it warm up...it's about 1:30 am...the fender well headers unplugged...the bar emptied out and left the band playing inside and lined the guard rails Infront of the bar ...located along the main hiway... I pulled out onto the road took a look ..no traffic...then things got loud hit second and while fighting to keep the thing straight and off the guard rail the girl friend yells did you see that...hit third..see what...get on brakes ..hard ....downshift ...turn left off of hiway...hit it hard ..things got load again..hit second ...feather the throttle as I drift it through a slight left hand bend in the road ...get on the brakes...hard ..down shift...make right turn into my driveway...idle it down ..shut it off ....her mouth is still going ...that girl back there flashed her boobs.....how did they look ....nice....then the phone starts ringing....two of my three neighbors calling to ask WTF.....you know how concerned neighbors can be... and no I had nothing to drink ...just a nite out with the girl to listen too some music and a nice drive home....sorry to ramble and take up space on your thread Piecrust but Mike got me thinking ...and that don't happen every day... I hope you will have some fun and memorable moments in your Stude.... As I did in my Chevy...and if you were not referring to me Mike ...then disregard and I apologize.....either way Piecrust enjoy your build its going to be great....Terry(aka) Rudestude

Sent from my QTASUN1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  4. mikeselcamino65

mikeselcamino65

Hey Rudestude…. that sounds like an outrageous machine and I'm sure a scary ride alright.... I drag raced for 25 years... I was never much for street racing too scared of the law and telephone poles...haha Besides you cant hook slicks on the street...I run 9's several years in a BBF and a SBC...then slowed down my Elcamino and kept in the bottom 10's (no license and no hot ass fire suit). I built my stude cause I needed something outrageous to put my 354 in... You know something crazy... It's no race car but it's an easy 400 hp and with the stiff stock front suspension it's pretty scary if I turn it loose...
    How much motor you running in your 55

loudbang likes this.
  5. choptop40

choptop40

Great thread....

loudbang likes this.
  6. PIECRUST&RUST

PIECRUST&RUST
    from kansas

Been busy finally got enough work done to show an update. Got my axle under the car and back on 4 wheels again. going to get steering figured out next
    20190327_210013.jpg

0NE BAD 51 MERC, James D and loudbang like this.
  7. PIECRUST&RUST

PIECRUST&RUST
    from kansas

Got some adjustable rear shackles and got the rear end sitting more where I like it now, was too low before. Took the front bumper off and am using it for the rear. Its slightly less mangled than the rear one was.
    20190331_183118.jpg 20190331_183134.jpg 20190331_183215.jpg

8. PIECRUST&RUST

PIECRUST&RUST
    from kansas

Scored this cool carb and muroc velocity stack set up at a local swap meet today. Cant wait to polish it up. Should look great with my 283 and fenderwell headers
    20190504_150732.jpg

rudestude likes this.
  9. PIECRUST&RUST

PIECRUST&RUST
    from kansas

Got a junk engine block to mock everything up with in the car. Had to stick my velocity stacks on to see what they will look like, im hoping the will reach right up to my hood scoop
    20190506_180801.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  10. PIECRUST&RUST

PIECRUST&RUST
    from kansas

Got my fenderwells cut out too. Have some hooker fenderwell headers to go in those holes
    20190507_205838.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  11. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I hadnt even saw this thread until I was looking for a cool gasser stude shot for encouragement on your other post and found this thread, I think this is a cool shot here:cool:....also Im not always a fan of radiused wheel wells on a lot of stuff but I like em on this, I hope to see you push on through, ya dont see too many of the long back coupes, if any, gasserized:eek:...I like it!:cool: upload_2019-7-5_13-20-39.jpeg
    (I did the majority of the work painting a 48 4 door with the rear suicide doors, a couple years ago)

loudbang likes this.
  12. PIECRUST&RUST

PIECRUST&RUST
    from kansas

Update! been a long time since I could post again. Bought my first house and had to reset my priorities. Had to sell this car now its in England I believe.
    Still have the 50 dodge and the model T but decided 3 projects was too many.

loudbang likes this.