Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 31 Model A Victoria Build w/Pics – Miss Vicky

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D-Russ, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

cgfh.jpg

Since we're talking Miss Vicky...I just thought I'd post this up probably taken by Jerry. I feel a connection of sorts looking at this...;)...@D-Russ you have a real Cool Hotrod...

Credit to Photographer, Owner

2. I like the look of the car. Now for the driver, you need a white "T" shirt and a pack of smokes rolled up in the sleeve.

You might want to drop the "Miss". Anything that racy would not be a "Miss".

3. Great early evening, long exposure photo by Mike Limerez taken at the Old North State Invitational after party at @Hurley50 's place in Colfax, NC. Good times.
    Vic at Dusk.png

4. Flamed48

Flamed48

5. ^^^^ That is EXACTLY what crossed my mind. The evolution of Sandy.

6. Alright, here's my second attempt at making a slut out of the debutante. Originally I thought I would try to make my own wheels because the slicks I bought were 16s and I couldn't find a single bolt pattern wide wheel in a 16 inch diameter. Turns out l didn't get them straight/true enough and had to trash that idea. After more research, I found a single bolt pattern, reversed wide steel wheel with the backspace I needed in a 15 inch diameter. So I sold the 16 inch slicks, and bought the 15x7 wheels and a set of Towel City 10x15x29.5 cheaters. Now I think I might need some 1/2 inch wheel spacers, because I only have about an inch of clearance between the tires and inner fenders.

IMG_4606.JPG
    IMG_4605.JPG

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  7. catdad49

catdad49

Excuse me, Miss. But I do Love your bustle!

Bowtie Coupe, brEad, loudbang and 3 others like this.
  8. atch

atch

George Ray's in May. Or H.A.M.B. Drags in August. Hope to see both of you racing each other at both events.

9. So my pal @Nailhead Jason came across this little gem and immediately contacted me to tell me Slutty Miss Vicky needed it. The price was very reasonable, but Miss Vicky is finished dammit, and I'm building the F100 now. Gotta stay focused.

Welp, Jason's urging got the best of me so I made a low ball offer, and dammit, now I own it!

6x2.png

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  10. The37Kid

The37Kid

That would fit a 354, wouldn't it? Bob

D-Russ, Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  11. hammered30

hammered30
    from west aus

Friends know what there friends need :rolleyes:
    Cheers Paul

lothiandon1940, loudbang and D-Russ like this.
  12. Come on Dave! Do you really think you can convince us that Miss Vicky is finished? I know of several changes that were made during the build, and now you want to turn a nice wholesome girl into a slut. This will never end, it is how we are.

13. Yes, and a 331 and a 392.

14. I kinda always like the slutty version of anything

15. catdad49

catdad49

I can see it now. On Miss Vicky's bustle, Good Girls Don't...........But I Do!

16. You know you wanted it. Besides all the cool kids are doing it....

17. You gonna dig it for sure. There's a lot going on there let me know when your ready to set it up and I'll give you a hand. It's not too bad.

18. catdad49

catdad49

Dave, there's your man! Finds it for you And now he's gonna help you set it up, better jump on that.

19. its the least I can do, besides, I will be doing one on an Olds motor before too long....

Stogy, lothiandon1940, DBruce and 4 others like this.
  20. Got tired of my hydraulic brake light switch failing every six months, so I threw on a mechanical switch instead. Does anyone have a part number for the blue connectors with a 90 degree bend?

IMG_4740.JPG

21. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

something wrong there ive never had to replace one in in 40 years driving

Stogy likes this.
  22. It's because I run silicone brake fluid.

Stogy and Hamtown Al like this.
  23. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

new one to me

Stogy and D-Russ like this.
  24. May I humbly suggest this by Jerry Jeff Walker as the "official" theme song for Miss Vicky...

25. Very small update:
    Just for fun, I painted the appropriate class and my number of choice (173 it's my son's name upside-down) on the quarter windows of Miss Vicky and ran it that way for a little while, but they were really a bit too refined for a late 50s/early 60s era. I used water based paint, so the last time I washed the car, the numbers came off. Next time I letter/number it, I'll just use shoe polish because that will better fit the time frame I'm shooting for. Otherwise, I've just been driving and enjoying it, and spending time cranking on my F100 project.
    IMG_4794.JPG

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Without robbing a bank, matching shoes in the back would look nice.;) Bob

Bowtie Coupe, loudbang and D-Russ like this.
  27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...I like all Vicky's outfits...no matter what she delivers...dressed up or down...

28. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

NAW ....paint the fronts....way cheaper.

loudbang and D-Russ like this.