Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest DICK DALE - ROCK LEGEND & KING OF SURF GUITAR NEEDS YOUR HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Mar 21, 2019.

1. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hello friends. Dick Dale passed away last Saturday night, and I ran in an inner circle with him and a mutual friend who knew him since 1959. This man is named Joe Geineic, and he is my neighbor,friend,and attorney. Due to Dick Dale's health over the years, he literally had to perform all over the U.S. in order to pay for his costly medical bills, doctor visits,medications,check-up's and more. This has now left his widow with no funds for a burial , funeral,casket, monument/statue, etc. It's sad in this day and age that a Rock & Roll icon's family could be faced with such a dilemma, but life isn't always as the media portrays. My attorney friend has started a "Go Fund Me" page, and all proceeds will go towards the funeral expenses,a nice monument,and casket. Dick Dale's last performance was at my event The Rhythm Collision, so there's a huge part of me that needs to do my part to help. What ever you can find in your hearts to help would be greatly appreciated. $5, $10, $50, $100. His family thanks you, his best friend of 60 years thanks you, and I thank you. Lastly, thanks to Ryan for allowing this thread. May Dick Dale rest in eternal reverb heaven !

Here is the link to the Go Fund page: https://www.gofundme.com/zk6bax?mem...ustomer&utm_campaign=p_email+invitesupporters

20190321_175547.png

2. Done.
    When I was 8 or 9 I got a "suitcase record player and a box of old 45s from my parents. Mostly 50s-60s music.
    Things like kookie lend me your comb, dead mans curve, teen angel, bunch of beach boys stuff, some elvis...you get the picture. Stuff my mom and dad listened to growing up in the late 50s early 60s.
    Any way, one of the first records I played was dick dale and i was hooked!... i got the pleasure of seeing him play a small venue in Towson, MD about 15 or so years ago... what a great showman.
    He will be missed
    Chappy

3. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thank you sir. Every bit helps.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

5. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thank you very much

6. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

7. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thank you 'Gotgas' .

8. oj

oj

I'd like to donate but I am not going to fill out a mess of personal information or commit to anything without seeing the entire form that they want me to fill out. That looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Make it simple, where to I paypal a donation? I want a real person, perferably a family member.

9. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hi, I didn't realize that there is a lot to fill out. I'll check to see if Dick Dales friend has PayPal. Thanks for your time

10. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey I liked his music and still have his albums, but what about the sale of the 81 acres he lived on with the air strip for his planes?

Blue One, exterminator and 49ratfink like this.
  11. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

^^^^ Wow! I looked into this.^^^^ Did a GoogleMaps.Com after my ZabaSearch.Com, and right there, at 2675 Bullion Mountain Road #29 Twentynine Palms, Ca, is Dick Dale Sky Ranch with DALE wrote on the property. Huge home with swimming pool, several hangars, a repaved landing strip, and up to 5 different residences listed in Ca and Ma. Looks a little fishy. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

12. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Before you start screaming scam, An estate can get locked up tighter than a drum and in the blink of an eye if there is outstanding bills or God forbid the IRS thinks there maybe tax issues. Don't know what the facts are but axle has been here a long time. Just saying. Larry

13. oj

oj

It seems to me that Axle is trying to do the right thing, he provided me with his email and I sent him a donation that he'll get to the right place.
    I'm good with that.

14. axle

axle
    from Drag City

oj, thank you very much for your donation. I will transfer your full payment to my attorney's "Go Fund Me" page. Every bit helps, Axle

15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Planes? 81 acres? He owned no planes at the time of his passing. He owned a boat a couple of years ago, but had to sell it to pay for medical bills. Although there is acreage on his land it isn't 81, and one has to remember that this is in Twentynine Palms.

16. axle

axle
    from Drag City

In every thread, and in every topic there has to be the conspiracy theorist. Look guys, I do NOT want this to turn in to "look what he owned" . If you really knew what he owned, you would regret ever writing your post. His home is an old converted airport - turned in to a home. He without a doubt did not own multiple properties. As I just responded to someone else, there were better times in Mr. Dales life, but major medical bills took a lot of it. I'm the middle guy simply trying to help out a Rock & Roll legend who deserves a nice funeral and memorial burial. If you're good with that, great, if not, please keep your negativity to a minimum . Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    drdave and oj like this.
  17. axle

axle
    from Drag City

oj - Your money was transferred to the Go Fund Me page, and I wrote "In Care Of Orin Higgins". Thank you sir.

oj likes this.
  18. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Desperate times=desperate measures, as they say. I'll bet that gold metal flaked, Fender Stratocaster would bring a whole lot more than 55K at an auction such as Sotheby's . It just seems like his wife is almost "begging" in a couple of You Tube videos, asking for help with "their medical conditions", at concerts (that alone sort of made me wonder), and now with the funeral and monument plea. 81 years old is Medicare territory, various Medicare advantage plans, etc, etc, etc. Not to mention life insurance, and personal liquidation of assets. It's all about planning, and he had to have someone managing him, and overseeing his professional career; that's how it's done. He seriously did't think he would be playing forever, or living forever, especially with his medical history. I was ready to make a donation myself, but someone else pointed out a couple of things, and I looked into it a little bit more. Good guy, great talent, truly unique playing style, sorry he's gone, really sorry. But, being my career was in healthcare, well, we tend to see things a little more objectively, and not just with our hearts, how many folks seem to think we should. "Axle", I really hope this Go Fund Me all works out for you, and his family; but, I'm going to sit this one out. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Dooley likes this.
  19. RustyDogg

RustyDogg

Done and happy to do so. Thankful for all the great music!

20. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thank you sir.

21. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Bumping it back up

22. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Back on top