Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Tricks played on friends.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard51, Mar 22, 2019.

1. We took an extra back-up alarm and wired it to the tail light side on a trailer hitch plug. The surprise didn't occur to later that night or in the morning when lights were needed. The thing made it around to just about everybody's car or truck that had a trailer plug.

loudbang, Boneyard51 and blowby like this.
  2. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

An old Buddy had a towing business , I was at the business ridin on the old Harley one day when a tow call came in . I went on the run with his brother . On return , I kicked my brains out tryin to get my scoot running . Upon inspection , I find two straightened out paper clips , under the plug wires to ground at the head . Ha ha you got me , I see how this is goin to work out now . I wait about 3-4 months I see the Owners tow truck at his favorite watering hole . I cruise on by shut the Harley down and proceed to slide under the tow truck , where the fuel line exits the cab there is a rubber hose . A clamp partially tightened down , caused the tow truck to be towed in . New fuel pump , new timing chain , new cam , lifters , tune up . I stopped and told him I could fix that truck or tell him how to fix it in 3 minutes . He says “ I’ll kiss your ass and give you 30 minutes to gather a crowd to watch if you can ! “ I eased out and lit the scooter off , came back in and told him to get on a creeper and check the fuel line where it exits the cab . I headed for the scoot , screaming “ I’m eating Tacos and callin friends ! “ I think from that day on he understood , don’t mess with my stuff , and all will be well in your world .

vinfab, Lepus, INVISIBLEKID and 4 others like this.
  3. TWKundrat

TWKundrat

Back when we were in high school me and a buddy were going to wally world and we saw his dad's truck parked in the lot. My friend had a key for the truck with him so he decided to mess with his dad. He turned the truck around in the same parking spot and we put the spare tire and shovel that were in the truck bed inside the cab. We hid behind a van and waited for his dad to come out. I don't think I've ever seen such a confused look on anyone's face before. When he walked out to the truck he just stood there looking at it and looking around the parking lot. We probably let him stand there for a good five minutes before we couldn't take it any more. We came out from behind the van laughing our asses off and he just calmly said, "What the hell's wrong with you guys? I thought I was losing my damn mind."

Also worked at a mini golf place for my first job that had bumper boats and go karts and what not. Any time I was wrenching on a kart or boat engine I would hand one of the new guys a styrofoam cup and ask them to go get me some gas from the pump so I could test run the engine. Always gave me a good laugh to see the look on their face when the bottom of the cup melted and dumped the gas all over their feet on the way back from the pump.

loudbang and Boneyard51 like this.
  4. brasscarguy

brasscarguy
    from seattle

True Story. I had a friend very small in stature. All his life he was teased and suffered about his small size. He decided to have the last laugh. Shortly before his death, he went to the undertaker and ordered his casket and paid for his funeral. He had the undertaker order his casket with a special surprise, 3" of concrete under the lining.

When he expired he requested the same guys that teased him about his size to be pall bearers. He died in the heat of summer and his spot in the cemetery was up at hill quite a way from the road. These guys damn near expired themselves in the heat with the casket lined with concrete. After the graveside service, the undertaker opened an envelop and read aloud to the people attending the funeral service. Addressed to the pall bearers the letter stated to all you assholes that teased me for years about my size, not only did you carry me to my final resting place but you also carried 3" of concrete in my casket to remind you I got the last laugh. see ya later!!!

just sayin

brasscarguy

59Tele, czuch, raven and 8 others like this.
  5. You know those tough He-man types, the ones who think they are god's gift to women, and if they are out having a beer , will let every broad in the place know they are available? Well, they really hate finding a well- placed "Honk if you're Gay!" sticker on the back of their car! It's amazing what you can do with a printer nowadays!

czuch, Clay Belt and loudbang like this.
  6. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Back many years ago I was behind the eightball getting everything ready for a hunting trip to Colorado with my nephew. Was doing last minute stuff at my shop located at station three. Headed across town in my pickup to get an inspection sticker, people were honking and laughing. When I got back to hook up my trailer I noticed the guys at threes had put a “ honk if your gay” sticker on the back of my truck! Ha ha
    I hook up my trailer and pull out, sounds like all Hell breaking loose behind me......rocks in the trailers hub caps!
    Never turn your back on a bunch like that! Lol

Bones

7. Perry Hvegholm

Perry Hvegholm

I drove a tractor trailer for a couple of years fresh out of college to support my family until I found a real job. The drivers at the small outfit I ran for were a comical bunch and practical jokes ran rampant. It became a good idea to check your kingpin before pulling away from a door with a loaded trailer, as often another driver would pull your kingpin, so your trailer would stay at the door and drop when you pulled away. What fun it was to crank up a loaded trailer's landing gear in order to get your rig back under it.

Often i'd find the trailer air valves cranked open so that my tractor's air tank would evacuate completely when I pressurized the trailer's brakes.

I finally bought a wheel of the stinkiest cheese I could find....a pungent German variety that smelled strongly of ass and feet. In the dead of winter I broke it into chunks and pushed it into the heater vents of all the pranksters rigs. The stench when they ran their heat was awful and it only got worse as days went by. I finally fessed up. No one screwed with me after that.

8. There was a similar prank pulled on a local music teacher that had a nice new Mercedes, this was around 1970. Someone put the ad in a local Buy Lines for like $200, please call between 4 am and 8 am...

9. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2 shop tricks; a guy is welding and all focused on his work. Hit the bench with a big ass hammer and, BBZZZT-BBZZZT! as he freaks out. The other is sneak up behind and hold the wire real tight. I was doing something important and a regular in the prank army grabbed the wire. Once I settled in and that led him for the attention he got me with the hammer. "It's all good bro, but you'll never see me coming." A couple weeks later he's on the lathe. Safety 1st, always, so I waited until he hit the brake and stopped the chuck and then blasted him with a semi truck air horn and rubber tipped blow gun, I was only 6' behind and I think he jumped a foot in the air. "Didn't see that coming, right?" 'You win! That scared the shit outta me!'

59Tele, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  10. Brown Devil II

Brown Devil II
    from Mission TX

When I worked at the parts store one of my co workers drove an early 70's cutlass without a hood. I took the coil wire and replaced with a vacuum hose and watched nature take it's course. That was funny for about an hour until I told him check the wires. Another one was in collage during the semester that I had a night class. I shrink wrapped a class mates entire car top to bottom and side to side.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  11. BJR

BJR

I worked for a printing company in the pre press area, and in the press room they had a 55 gallon drum of isopropyl alcohol. About once a month I would go out there and fill a small squeeze bottle that we used to clean film with. The 55 gallon drum was in a metal cabinet with warnings and danger explosive written all over it. The drum had a big ground clamp and wire attached to it. It had a leaky barrel pump in it and as I was filling the squeeze bottle, alcohol was running all over the top of the barrel. All of a sudden there was a giant BOOM and I all most filled my pants. I turn around and one of the press crew's is laughing their asses off. Seems one of them got a water soaked rag and knotted it up into a hard ball and threw it hard against the sheet metal cabinet I was standing in. I thought I blew up.

loudbang, blowby and RICH B like this.
  12. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Caution: Man butt

VANDENPLAS and loudbang like this.
  13. My brother was in HS doing some gas welding and some smart ass turned off the acetylene tank on him.. POP. Actually 2 pops, the second was my brother punching the gun in the face, broke the guy's orbital socket and my brother broke a knuckle. It got him a week off from school and a splint for his finger.

Boneyard51, loudbang and Clay Belt like this.
  14. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I had a friend who was not mechanically inclined so when I would see his car with no one around would take the coil wire and swap it with a plug wire and the car would try to start with one cylinder,we would sit and wait for him to come back and would drain the battery and then he would leave and I put the wires back on right and it would fire right up and the look on his face was priceless.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  15. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

When I was a Boy Scout we went on a 5 day hiking trip. Someone snuck a 10lb dumbbell into the asshole kid’s backpack. He didn’t find it till he got home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loudbang, Boneyard51 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  16. A jerk at work is into power ball. Each morning he drinks coffee and checks his tickets. Wednesday night the numbers were drawn. Thursday morning I bought a ticket with the previous nights winning numbers. Some one distracted the guy and I added the ticket to his pile. He thought he won until we pointed out the date.

safetythird, 60F250, czuch and 6 others like this.
  17. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

If you can find sulfur (plumbers used to use it when soldering copper pipe) take a piece and stick in on the exhaust manifold. The manifold get hot melts the sulfur, smells like shit. Engine turned off sulfer cools tile sucker drives his car again. Got to hide it so he does not spot it.

loudbang likes this.
  18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm the guy who some guys usually played pranks on involving his car in high school and a couple came really close to being the cause for me to spend the rest of my life in jail before a friend who I had gone though school from the first grade put a stop to their pranks. All I knew was that my car and I weren't being messed with anymore and it was a year or two later that someone told my why they stopped. Since then and that was 1964 I don't like pranks of any kind and especially those that involve other's cars.
    I should note that I drove a 55 Nash Metropolitian during my SR year of High school and a small group of individuals thought it was a toy to be played with.

desotot likes this.
  19. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I worked everyday standing on top of a cavern with 8.5 million gallons of Liquid Propane . The buildings at our shop were Armco Steel Structures . There was a funny man always , messing with some one .Tiein a coverall sleeve in a knot , cutting a boot lace , exchanging locks on you and buddies tool box ,dropping a huge wrench 3 or 4 elevations above you on the steel grating floor , always something . One day he was opening the front of an Liquid Propane vaporizer to do maintenance , about a 3 lb rock tossed unto the roof of the steel building forever broke him of his pranks . He was so shook up he went home for the day and would not speak on return for 3 or 4 days . I ask him “ How do you like me now ?”

20. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

A small group of us, that had known each other since kindergarten, used to turn each other's radios up full blast back in high school. If we saw each other standing around after school, we knew to turn it down before we turned the key.
    At a body shop I used to work at, we would smack mid 80's FoMoCo vehicles on the impact absorbers when we were moving cars around, a nice whack would trip the fuel shut-off every time.

loudbang likes this.
  21. indianbullet

indianbullet
    from Ca

Working in a mill I knew a guy that did the gas trick on an ol boys Datsun pickup.

In high school I had a friend that would drive 3 different rigs, of his folks. We would screw with him relentlessly. Changing his plug wires around. He committed 3 different firing orders to mind.

Used to take a pencil and write on the porcelain of the spark plug from metal to metal. Soon as it fires it cracks the plug causing a miss. Also would take cellophane from a cigarette pack and slip it between the points to keep it from firing, but you still cant see it.
    We would jack this fat girls car up on blocks so the rear tires are just barely off the ground.

I had my best friend and we would be working on his car, him on one side, me on the other, I'd go "Oh shit, son of a bitch!" he would be "what, what, whats wrong?" "Nothing." :) All kinds of shithead things..

Boneyard51 likes this.
  22. brasscarguy

brasscarguy
    from seattle

A good friend of mine was a line mechanic at the large trucking company. This company ran sleeper teams from Cali to Seattle where my friend was working. The tandem sleeper teams were paid by the turn and always harassed the mechanics to service their rigs so they could get back on the road. This particular team was the worst always yelling and screaming to get their rig ready. These guys would only stop for fuel on the route. The used baggies to pee in and throw it out the window while driving,, never took their clothes off to sleep. Bought big loafs of bread squeeze bottles of condiments and sliced meats everything on the run.

Well the mechanics in the shop got tired of all the harassment, so they decided to put a stop to it. They started by buying a loaf of bread, and condiments and sliced meat. they opened the food stuffs and left out for a few days to get nice and ripe. Then the next time the team showed up the shop took a bit of extra time servicing their rig. The replaced their food with the ripened goods, then they cut the bottoms out of their pee bags, and finally they pulled the bedding back and laid a sheet of chassis lube between the sheets. Putting everything back in order they dispatched the truck back to LA. Nary a word was said when the team got back to Seattle, and they were as nice as could be, no yelling no swearing not 1 word. So it seemed they figured out it was not nice to piss off the mechanics.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Lepus, indianbullet, racer-x and 3 others like this.
  23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

It sure is :D
    And many of these tall tales are something much more that tricks played on friends. Many of them involve property damage and are way outside what can be considered funny or something a friend would do to another friend.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  24. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

A friend had a Chevy pickup, another friend discovered that his keys would fit the truck. He’d regularly move the truck over a few spaces, turn it around, change the radio station, anything to mess with it.

loudbang and Boneyard51 like this.
  25. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

I watch my parents house while they are in Florida for the winter.
    One of the smoke alarms malfunctioned and was going off randomly.
    My parents have a neighbor who’s “difficult”, complains about anything louder than a humming bird.
    I may have thrown the white beeping smoke alarm in to the snow outside their bedroom window.

safetythird, czuch, raven and 4 others like this.
  26. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

A relative of mine bought his sister a phony lotto ticket. She was so happy jumping around laughing and such exclaiming how she was going to buy her brother a new car and things for everyone never thinking about her self. Those things are cruel

27. sunbeam

sunbeam

One dealership I worked at kept special tools in the parts department you would have to check them out . The counter was a metal table they hooked up a coil to the table they would push a button and it would zap you. You would get the static electricity has been bad lately.

28. LOL in Forest Grove we had appointed parking spots. The Sosch kids got to park up close and the hoods had to park out in the back 40 which really was not a problem we all smoked in our cars anyway.

I digress. Dan Jansen's dad was sales manager at the Ford dealer and until Daddy cut him off he always had a sweet Ford that was parked up close. My favorite thing was to hot wire his Ford and move it as far away as possible. One day I drove it down to Scotty's Drive-in and left it there. it was about half a mile from the school.

Dan was hot, screamin' about a stolen car, someone was going to jail, or getting their ass kicked or both. He dated a chick that we all called "Wonder Loaf" she just walked over and climbed in my beater and said. "OK Ben, we're friends, right? Take me to Dan's car please." So I drove her to Scotty's and we had some fries and a coke while we waited for him. I liked ol Becky, she was too high class for my taste but when she was away from her crowd she had a pretty good sense of humor.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    Clay Belt, raven, scott27 and 3 others like this.
  29. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

My shop was an add on to station 3, so there was a lot of interaction between us, some good some bad. One of the things the next door firefighters would do was to rattle my locked back door. I locked it to keep those guys from sneaking in on me and rattling it made a lot noise.
    So.... I grabbed an old six cylinder fire truck magneto and wired all six outputs together and ran a wire over to the door knob. I powered it with a drill motor laying on my work bench.
    A couple of other firefighters and me were in the shop on a rainy day when “WalleyDog” an off duty firefighter dropped by and shook the back door. We looked at each other.... I fired up the drill motor..... Wally Dog made some of the funniest faces we ever saw......after a while I lifted the trigger on the drill.... and Wally Dog disappeared!
    Apparently with his feet wet on the concrete, I was killing him and he couldn’t let go of the knob. He got up and we let him in and the normally mild mannered Wally Dog grabbed my magneto and threw it in the trash and ripped all my wires off the walls ,as all of us stared in disbelief. Then he left.....we all concluded he was pissed!

Bones

Unique Rustorations likes this.