Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Excelsior Bias Ply looking RADIALS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kail, Nov 16, 2009.

1. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Seems kinda funny that they went through all the trouble to make radials that look like bias plys and then put the word RADIAL in big letters twice on the sidewalls.

2. All of this trouble to make a radial look like a bias ply ??????? NUTUP and run bias if that is the look you want.

Moriarity likes this.
  3. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks alot for the response!

4. sirhc

sirhc
    from Boise, ID

I know this is an older thread, but I'm in the market and wondering if anyone else has some updated reviews, thoughts, pictures, etc on the tires. Thanks!

5. On the small front tires it isn't a matter of nutting up. It's a matter of the tire not being round and impossible to balance. My coker Firestone 450/475 16's basketballed like crazy randomly. I messed around with them for over a year and finally gave up on them. Driving on bias plys is nothing, no big deal at all. Driving on tires that won't balance and start gyrating and bounce like a basket ball when you accelerate is another story. I wouldn't pay for those excelsiors either.

I have some little radial 145R15's and they run out perfect. End of story.

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

There was another thread on this awhile back.. and Mr Corky himself piped in and said the new version of this speed rated tire would be significantly cheaper and wear far better than the import Excelsiors. From what I can tell, his word is gold there. They will be my BW tire of choice when I ever get around to another set of rims (probably Halibrand-ish solids). Gary

7. sirhc

sirhc
    from Boise, ID

Thanks for the input.

Anyone have any pictures of these things? The only picture I can find is the generic one on the coker website, I would like to see them in different sizes if possible?!

8. "NUTUP".......Never heard that before. Now that's funny!

9. bondolero

bondolero

Anyone have experience running these on a little wider wheel than the 5" recommended ? I have halibrands that are 6's and 7's rather than the early ford wheels most are running on their open wheel cars.

Larry

10. JEDI363W

JEDI363W

I would like to have any opinion on this as well. Anyone running a 5.00-16 on 5.5" rim or even a 6" ? Are you using tubes on Alloy wheels or tubeless?

Sent from my SM-G960F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app