Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Tricks played on friends.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boneyard51, Mar 22, 2019.

1. This one doesn't have to do with a car, other than using a magneto. When I was going to university and living in a dormitory, there was a bathroom/ shower area on each floor. Every day, just before dinner, an asshat would park himself in there with a newspaper, and stink up the whole place. We were all disgusted, and told him that he could find a better time, and that the toilettes do flush.
    He wouldn't listen, so a couple of us engineering guys got our hands on an old telephone magneto, then we coated the upper and lower part of the seat with copper sulphate, and taped a wire all the way around the seat.
    Just before he was going to occupy the stall, we lightly moistened the seat, and waited. When he was well into his routine, we cranked the hell of the magneto. You should have heard him scream!. He attempted to chase us, and probably could have caught us if he wasn't holding his pants up.
    He never did it again.
    Bob

2. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Some buddies of a guy with a old jeep stuffed the tailpipe with raw potatoes. Motor didn't have enough poop to blow them out and it wouldn't start.
    There were whistle/smoke devices sold in the 1950's. I think they were attached to a spark plug and when the engine was started they created smoke and a whistling sound.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

Condom over a tail pipe of a dude who “pranked” me first, unbolted the driveshaft on another dude who pissed me wayyyyyy tf off, had someone leave balony on my hood in the shape of a ginormous dick (driveshaft man), chocolate on the windshield of the high school troll-like chick, canned spray cheese in my principles radiator, wiring the horn to the brake pedal on my buddy’s POS10 (“we figured you may as well use that pedal for something since your brakes don’t work”), and more

loudbang likes this.
  4. The funniest episode for my family, relates to a story regarding my airport car. I owned a VW bug, that had only been rolled once, designed to sit in the airport parking lot for weeks at a time without worry that anyone would break in to it, or attempt to steal it. I overhauled the engine and running gear, but left the body looking so bad that you could have left $60,000 on the front seat, and nobody would have looked in the car.
    This one day, I was taking the family with me on a trip, and pulled in to gas up at a full service station. The guy was really careless about putting the gas nozzle into the receptacle.
    All I had to do, was put my head out the window and say, "Hey, watch the paint!" The poor bugger didn't know if I was being serious or not, and he had the most tortured look I have ever seen, he was desperately trying not to laugh. Finally, the kids broke out laughing, and the the guy began laughing so hard that he was helpless, that he had to lean against the car. A thoroughly fun moment.
    Bob

5. Stick a BB in an air cap, it lightly presses the valve in the stem and makes a “slow leak” that never gets found....

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

gas & guns and loudbang like this.
  6. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I did that same thing...I got paid back, “someone “ put a self tapping zerk fitting in my box and....well you can guess the rest

Atwater Mike, loudbang and Clay Belt like this.
  7. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

A lot of people have claimed to be the originator of that story, but it's not clear if ever really happened. Buddy Hackett famously told the same story about pranking his neighbor on the Johnny Carson show back in the 1960s.

loudbang and Boneyard51 like this.
  8. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I had a small body shop back in the late '80's, in a building that had been a body shop since the late '30's. One day a previous owner stopped and started bs'ing with us. He told one of my guys that the guy's uncle had wrecked his Hudson down one side, and he had repaired it. The Hudson's owner worked nights at a large machine shop, and his brother (who was the father of the bodyman being told the story) worked there also, doing afternoons. Well, the Hudson got left outside so owner could pick it up in the morning after he got off work. He told his brother (who worked afternoons) that he was gonna pick it up after work. Well the afternoon brother decided he was gonna go grab it for a while, thinking no one would be the wiser, and go rod around in it. Well, Mr Afternoons wrecked it. Thinking quickly, he parked it back at the body shop, and went home and passed out. Mr Nights got off work, and had himself dropped off to pick up his Hudson, and found it wrecked down the same side. It took several hours to get the deal straightened out, and no cars were left outside to be picked up after hours afterward.

loudbang likes this.
  9. vinfab

vinfab

My buddy and I had a 1971 high school auto shop classmate that was a complete pain in the a$$. We put up with his crap for a semester. Right after Christmas break, he shows up at school and start bragging about his new dual exhaust he had installed. The teacher insists we all go outside and check it out. Nothing out of the ordinary except for the two chrome tailpipes that extended straight out the back and ending 18 inches past the bumper.

Everyone including the teacher broke out in laughter, which convinced him that we were jealous of him and his car. It had been a good looking car and we tried to convince him to shorten them but to no avail. So off to the parts house my buddy and I go. We purchased a entire box of appropriately sized frost plugs and every time we found the car parked, we would pound two in. The kid finally resorted to caring a hacksaw wherever he went. When the tailpipes got to the bumper, we stopped.

10. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Dude, I never said I originated it.... I just said it happened! I’m sure it happened all over the world. This was just ours. Just like the blocks under the rear axle... I saw that happen... were we the first?? Hell no! Probably the 1,964,865 person to do it.... but it was still funny.... kinda like a fart.... heard it a million times...... but it’s still funny.

Bones

11. Not a trick, but a lil pay back...... I used to have to cut fire wood for the homestead. One day, I had a full load in the bed of a 70 C-10 long bed, and had to drive it to work that day.......... When I left work after the parking lot was empty, there was/were logs/split wood fore/aft of each tire, and on the bench seat= left windows down in the summer.....
    Pissed off for sure....:mad:. BUT- I keep silent.....
    But I remembered a story about "BOB" who live's on a main street. Said his hub caps have been stolen off his O/T Tahoe several times, and it cost's him coin to replace them......
    I lay it wait..........
    Low and behold- One day about 3 months later....."BOB" say's- What happened with your wood wheel chalks? LOL?............And a shit eating grin= Give away.
    Not being one to just jump- I wait..........
    3 months later, I pop his hub caps off, and throw them under his back seat of his Tahoe.= Summer, windows down.
    I wait....... Then one day, in passing convo, he mentions of the again theft. He pay's again for another new set, and is pissed! I ask- are you sure? Maybe look under your back seat?
    Then I spill the beans........ He was not happy! BUT- Payback is a MF'ER!
    In certain terms, he was told, if you F with the bull, you'll get the horns!
    I think he learned an expensive lesson.:D. We still work together, but, I haven't heard that story in a long time..... Lesson learned!:cool:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    loudbang and Boneyard51 like this.
  12. Dedsoto

Dedsoto
    from Australia
    1. Aussie HAMBers

Nail gun caps on the exhaust manifold of a 6cyl falcon make for a good laugh about 3k's down the road

j-jock, loudbang and belair like this.
  13. fullhouse296

fullhouse296
    from Australia

Guy owed me money .wouldnt pay up .SOooo .One morning he finds just outside his driveway ,enough to notice ,an old jack .an old flat ,cuppla bricks ,some oily rags AND . . . a jerry can ,half full of gasoline . someone must have changed a flat and driven off without their stuff ,right / wrong . did i forget to mention that the linseed oil must be added first so the gas sits on top and masks the smell . He who laughs last , laughs longest .

loudbang likes this.
  14. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

A 3/4 steel ball dropped into a gas tank makes hard to find noises..A piece of dark purple plastic shim stock added to the welder's helmet glass..Same plastic shim stock inserted into some one's sandwich...I taped a picture cut out of my hand in a giving the "bird" pose to a spring I made out of coiled welding rod and the other end of the spring taped to a small block of steel..Under our tool boxes we had a cabinet with a fold down door..I opened the guys cabinet and put my project steel block first in the cabinet, compressing the spring and closing the door..When he flopped open the door the "bird" came flying out stopping about a foot from his nose..

loudbang likes this.
  15. X-cpe

X-cpe

Back in the 60's I lived in an old house that had been turned into apartments. The town didn't allow pick-ups to be parked on the street. This girl's boyfriend had his little Falcon parked across the entrance to the yard when my room mate and I came home from the bar. When he came out, his car would start , pop, pop, pop, but die when he put it in gear. After several attempts at this he decided to coast it down the street and jump start it. A couple of days later his girlfriend asked us if we knew anything about one of his plug wires getting swapped with the coil wire. Of course not. ( We were up in the apartment watching and laughing our asses off.) Never had a problem parking off the street after that.

loudbang likes this.
  16. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

In high school auto shop we were allowed to work on the teachers cars under "great" supervision of the shop teacher. One day we were doing an oil change on the most hated teacher car, which a buddy of mine constantly was harassed by. Do you know what a mess piss is when it's mixed with windshield washer fluid? Funny thing is the shop teacher knew exactly what it was when she complained about the smear on her windshield - guess we weren't as original as we thought.

And in college we had the one guy that no one could tolerate so we did the putting the car on blocks on all fours just so the tires cleared. He comes out, gets in and goes no where. Revs the shit out of it only the have the back wheels start the squeal a bit. Never laughed so hard. And to top it off he didn't have a jack to help himself out.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

50 customcoupe and loudbang like this.
  17. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I Worked Hiway Construction For 30 Years And Would Occasionally Find A Front Drive Shaft From Some 4Wheel Drive That Was Spit Out And Place It Under A Opponents Auto And Then Stand Back And Watch As They Backed Out In The Morning...

loudbang likes this.
  18. X-cpe

X-cpe

When I first started teaching I was driving an MG Midget. One day, when I stayed late, my students took the car and hid it around the corner of the shop on the sidewalk behind the guardrail separating the shop from the tennis courts. Didn't take me long to find it and find something to use for a ramp to get it down over the curb. For the next few days I didn't say a word. Drove them nuts until somebody had to ask. At that age there is no cool if nobody knows you did it, and pretty soon everybody knows.

Another time the Horticulture teacher had a bang and whistle bomb he wanted to attach to one of his students' car. Good kid, president of the Maryland state FFA. At the end of day we were standing in my shop door and the kid hollered, "What did you do to my car?" "Nothing" and we turned and went inside. Afterwards the kid said he knew nothing was wrong because we hadn't stayed to watch.

loudbang likes this.
  19. Payback trick if someone really gives you the shits: On newer cars, the outer door handles have to be lifted up to open the door. They are also a handy place to hide a little bit of fresh dog shit.
    A poorly-wrapped fish or piece of meat in the trunk is a dandy place for deadly smells.
    Got some left-over women's underwear? Hide them in a buddies glovebox. You never know who could find them.

Clay Belt, blowby and loudbang like this.
  20. wicarnut

wicarnut

A young man that worked for me patched up his GTO and went through having us help him pick out color ( I remember him telling us he was color blind, I can relate, My Dad was, I am somewhat) We all decided on factory deep metallic green, car goes to paint shop, proudly brings it into work And we all say, Kenny, he painted it dark blue, He was upset, leaves in a hurry back to paint shop ( I knew the painter, called him to warn him and have Kenny call me) Payback's a bitch, he and the employees got me back a few times big time. A thing we did at the race track was "checking mag spark" hold mag in hand, spin by hand having someone hold spark plug wire end, always a laugh and a few #%@&*. The drawback of pranks from my life's experiences is they tend to get out of hand as everyone has to top each other and sometimes things go to far, hard or hurt feelings result and have seen it escalate to physical confrontation. I personally have not pranked anybody for many years now, I think it's part of growing old and up, someone is pranking me every day, I keep seeing this Old Fart in mirror in AM shaving. LOL

21. loudbang

loudbang

In our old Trooper cruisers the old centrifugal sirens (do not shut off quickly they have to run down) had a toggle switch installed so you would have either a horn or siren when you pushed the horn ring. Well we would wait until another trooper was going on days off, and grab his spare keys that everyone had to leave at the barracks and switch his switch to the siren setting.

We were allowed to use the cars in out off duty time and you could tell which Trooper had an "Incident" off duty when trying to beep the horn at someone the SIREN came on they would be the ones with the smoke coming out their ears. :confused:

And yes as a rookie it did happen to me and boy it seems like those sirens went on squealing forever when you hit them by accident. o_O

22. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

5 7 plug wire swap on any SBC was game.

loudbang likes this.
  23. I had a couple of buddies that had a dis-agreement over a " rebuilt " small block Chevy engine. the unhappy guy took the engine apart, and enlisted me and some other guy to bring the engine parts up stairs to the offender's 3rd floor dorm room in UCONN college where we re-assembled the engine. You could hear the offender screaming all over the place when he come back to the campus Sunday night. I never found out how he got it out of his room.

wraymen, j-jock and loudbang like this.
  24. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Keep close tabs on my F150 4x4 mileage. (Shitty BTW)
    Forgot to reset my trip odometer once...next fill-up got TWICE the MPG!
    Boy, did I fool ME (for a second). Whata dumshit I am!

25. brokedownbiker

brokedownbiker
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This isn't about an old car but still...
    When I was stationed at Fort Carson in Colorado Springs in the mid 80's, we had this obnoxious staff sergeant that drove one of those Renault LeCars. In the mornings we would fall out to a parking lot for PT, going down a sidewalk about half a block to get there. In between the street and the sidewalk there were these big concrete planter boxes about 2 ft. tall and 4 x 8 ft. wide and long. He parked on that section of street all the time.
    After one morning of listening to him drone on and on in formation, we headed out to do our morning PT. One of the guys noticed his car and called a bunch of us over. We waited for most of the company to pass us, then picked up the car and planted it in the planter and hauled ass to catch up with the rest of the company. We managed to get away with it; only a few people saw us do it and nobody spoke up. It was hilarious to watch the process of him trying to get the car off of there. It finally involved ramps from the motor pool, a tow truck, and half a day of time spent. Good times!

Shutter Speed and loudbang like this.
  26. PoTaToTrUcK

PoTaToTrUcK

Roll Dickhead's window down, place broken glass on the ground beneath it. If history repeats itself he phones the glass shop and orders the window, does not drive the car until the glass comes in, glass shops removes the door panel and phones Dick with a couple questions. One of my favourites.
    2. Never put rocks in one hub cap. If you do three hub caps the guy will take all four off after he has stopped three times. Worked on the local Mountie when we did his patrol car.
    3. Change the key on his key ring.

kbgreen and loudbang like this.
  27. back in my younger days, I worked with a guy who had a special order 1969 corvette, 427, tri-power, 4-speed, radio, heater delete, 4.11 gear. We knew this because he told us about it every day for 6 months while he waited to take delivery. Well... the big day came and the vette showed up at work. we all did our atta boys at the morning break. Later on I'm out on the loading dock taking a break from my welding booth and I hatch this idea and let the rest know. I tell the guy I really like his car (which I did) but what about that 'scratch' on the front fender? He throws his helmet down and takes off running to the loading dock. We get there just in time to see the argon gas tanker backing into the FRONT of the vette. Good joke, REALLY bad timing.

wraymen, Clay Belt and loudbang like this.
  28. A fellow I worked with had a '63 Olds 88 with lake pipes. He's getting married and a bunch of us are at the reception drinking our share. As the evening wore down, before the bride and groom slipped away to start their new life, I called the work possie together to see who might have a wrench and we slunk off to the parking lot to loosen the caps on the side pipes.
    A week or so later, when the newly married co-worker was back from his honeymoon, he was driving a brand new '65 Olds Cutlass. As long as I knew him it was never modified in any way, shape or form. His wife was a little Italian gal, about 5' 1/4" tall but she definitely wore the pants, if you know what I mean.

j-jock and loudbang like this.
  29. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

A smart young jerk who knew more about VWs than the three journeymen in the Porsche/VW shop I worked at. Young Rick had a '59 VW, 36 HP and was hot to gat 40 MPG. Yes, the old 'Buy him some gas' trick, as he was changing jets, etc., for mileage improvement. This went on for more months than a RICO convict gets.

Rick told us of his penchant for troubleshooting. I went outside where he was parked, lifted the lid, and switched #3 plug wire with the coil secondary. Black wires looked in place, but only #3 would fire. 'Putt...putt...putt...' sound like an 'on again, off again'.
    Ol' Rick started the bug, and went back and opened the lid...shut it off and went right to the problem. Smart ass...

czuch, VANDENPLAS and loudbang like this.
  30. Some of these are funny.
    Some are “ penis “ moves.

One I saw at a shop I worked at was filling a cooling system with rice! As the van warmed up it cooked the rice and plugged up everything !! Big job to clean out for the customer.

Went salmon fishing once when we where teenagers and one of my buddies thought it was funny to gut and wrap a big ol’ Salmon around my exhaust , man that stunk !!

I stuck a 1oz sticky weight to a guys drive shaft bad vibration. Found it quick enough.

Took a week off work and when I came back the wheels were taken off my tool box.... ask WTF ??? Was told some sketchy guys must have stole your wheels!!
    I stuffed wet cookies in there boots the following morning .....,
    My wheels “showed up” shortly after ! Lol

And all the usual with the apprentice’s
    Go get a bucket of steam.
    Ask parts for points and condenser ( working on new cars at the dealer)
    Getting them to look up re and re procedures on muffler bearings , Knudsen valves and 8 way rheostats etc.