Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Deuce guy's - What the heck are these?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 22, 2019.

1. I have owned my sedan for more than 30 years now and I found these under the rear seat when we were removing everything to install the insulation.

They are wood and the both have a slot head screw through them, they were not mounted to anything just laying there. HRP

001.JPG
    002.JPG

dana barlow likes this.
  2. Slopok

Slopok

Wedgies are tradtional!:eek:

loudbang, dana barlow, blowby and 2 others like this.
  3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Are those the wedges that go directly behind the B pillar at the bottom to get the upholstery board going in the right direction?

Fordor Ron likes this.
  4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Couple pieces left in there at the factory so all these years later someone would ask ‘ what the heck are these’

dana barlow likes this.

5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Right side is the "Wiggel" an left is the "Waggel"

6. little howard

little howard
    from kcmo

Kyrlon32 is right,

7. That makes sense, they could have been removed and stashed for installation later. HRP

8. Yep, what Gary said. Mine are missing. There is a 1/4" hole punched in the floor, same location, both sides. ReggieK on FB sent me dimensions. I couldn't figure out the compound curve required over the wheel well.

9. Yep. They are the mounting points for the rear upholstery cards as Krylon 32 said. I just cut some new ones for the red 32 car last week so I could remount the trim panels in it matter of fact.

There’s a factory hole on each side that they screw down into. Keeps the bottom quarter of the trim panel from flopping around.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    loudbang likes this.
  10. Has that mysterious rattle noise disappeared??? :D

11. I never heard these things rattling around but without a interior there was so much road noise they could have been bells and I couldn't hear them! :D HRP

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  12. At least the original owner saved them and didn't throw away, why he took them from their original location and stored them under the rear seat is beyond me but I now know where they go and I will put them back in place. HRP

13. Everyone should remove their rear seat every 30 years or so......:p

Irish Mike likes this.
  14. 5window

5window

With the added advantage of filling two holes that can let dirt, noise and moisture into your car.

15. The rattle you couldn't find ?

16. You ain't right Don! :D HRP

56don likes this.