Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Need help to ID these parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 74bowtie, Mar 22, 2019.

1. 74bowtie

74bowtie

I got these parts with some 1950's Buick stuff, but I can't seem to figure out where they go. Can some shed some light on either?

Attached Files:

2. egads

egads

Second pic looks like a trunk light?

3. Bracket to hold down the jack? light for trunk,glove box?

4. 74bowtie

74bowtie

I've tried searching under glove box and trunk light but could not find anything similar, It has to be GM as it has Delco Remy stamped on it. As for the bracket I have no clue.

5. The bracket is lost on me. If the light is not a glove box or trunk light it could also be a "courtesy light" (under dash for example) or an engine bay light. I have no idea what and engine bay light would be called but they were optional on higher end cars and usually mounted under the hood.

6. BJR

BJR

The one with the light is the glove compartment light and latch. It is very similar or identical to my 1949 Buick which is in storage now so I can't check to see.

egads likes this.
  7. BJR

BJR

Do the 2 holes in the glove compartment light match up with the 2 smaller holes on the black bracket? If so that may be the bracket that holds the glove box latch and light.

Atwater Mike likes this.