Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 3/22/19 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Mar 21, 2019.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

2. 190318OlsklVSSC1.jpg

1903109M8+962.jpg ...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    rooman, pwschuh, JimC and 40 others like this.
  3. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

4. Nice work Bob and Steve!!! ( You too @georgeg , your's was snuck in while I was uploading images. ;) )

Back to play after a weeks absence. This is a sketch I started a couple of weeks ago and finally finished.It is compiled with a background from an earlier version that was a total bust where the car was concerned. I will add a similar background to the newer sketch at some point.

1936 Kord Kustom roadster
    36_Cord_Custom_4web.jpg

Now then, ( why does that two-word sentence starter suddenly strike me as funny? Do they cancel each other out or just cover all the bases for the "time table challenged"...? )

Now, then (in a bit) since Orange is a thing and we can officially welcome spring... the poet will add
    his own bit of bling... (old stuff)

Econo-box-03d.jpg

54 Merc Del Rearro-2a.jpg

65_CATALINA_Lo_01.jpg

49_Ford_w_Flames.jpg

5_ALARM_T_4web.jpg

Mister Dave, JimC, Al G and 40 others like this.

5. Frogz

Frogz

6. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. robber

robber

..."Cobbled"... :)
    cp 946.JPG

Vonzemo, Al G, Stogy and 26 others like this.
  9. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

10. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2019-3-22_4-38-52.png
    Thanks to Ron F. and firemangordy for the photos.
    Hello,

Spring Break is already upon us for most colleges, and soon, the high schools will have their planned 10 day vacation on various weeks prior to or after Easter Sunday. Those old high school vacation memory days come back into action, again… for the 57th time…all is good. Things have changed over the years, but the longing of that Friday before vacation and the upcoming surf trip to Baja for the 7 days, can’t take a back seat to anything. Who needs Fort Lauderdale, Palm Springs, or Balboa Island?

This assignment is to keep the family spirits up, for those that are quite busy during this whole month. Here is a simple Easter Card that anyone can make with your own photos arranged in any possible way. A collage with many photos pasted on top of each other, individual photos, only on the egg and writing a note on the bottom are simple designs that are easily constructed in 30 minutes.

Kids (and young seniors) love pop up cards, too. If you make one, that is better yet. (for a weird pop up, paste your own photo in the egg, so that is the first thing that people will see when the card opens…ha!)

There is no need to drive in the salt, muddy roads, and possible snow/rain to buy a card. The kids/grandkids like that grandpa/grandma will take the time to make a specific card, just for them. Then it pops up as it is opened and that is more positive points for the old folks. So, get started now, and create something for those loved ones.

Jnaki

Over the 13 years, cards of this nature kept a little toddler, up to a teenager, surprised and happy at the same time. It just solidifies that grandpa and grandma are still giving support and availability to the young teen in her endeavors.

upload_2019-3-22_4-41-25.png
    No need to find an envelope that will fit. Here is a pattern for any size. You can add your own photos, quality of paper, or color.

Stogy, tb33anda3rd, robber and 15 others like this.
  12. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. matt-miles

matt-miles

Been working on getting some new tee designs ready for the 'Great British Summer'...

IMG-1043.JPG
    IMG-1055.JPG
    Gow-Faster-DraftB-2-HAMBTest.png

14. cool stuff again today guys,...keep em comin.//here's a new board I'm still workin on,...and a few pics of a neat 47 Ford truck I hauled for a couple of friends yesterday,..it has a custom made bed that was used by a tire store in California.
    woodart 2019 262.jpg woodart 2019 263.jpg woodart 2019 264.jpg woodart 2019 265.jpg trotters 47 ford haul 3-21-19 006.jpg trotters 47 ford haul 3-21-19 002.jpg trotters 47 ford haul 3-21-19 008.jpg

sololobo, JimC, Al G and 32 others like this.
  15. Love the whole picture but the Merc ragtop is really cool.

chryslerfan55 and 50 customcoupe like this.
  16. Wow, it's finally spring and you guys have brightened it up. Thanks.

17. Great way to start a rainy, cold day sorting potato seed outdoors... :D Robber, "Cobbled" blows me away! I love all the different elements in that one small section of fender. Awesome!

18. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

19. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

This is not my artwork but no reason it shouldn't be seen. I purchased these four
    illustrations in 1974 through Road & Track magazine. They're 11x14 and just ended
    up in a drawer. I recently ran across them, scanned and highlighted them, then
    assembled this four panel print.

Corv 71.jpg

alanp561, Animal, Vonzemo and 20 others like this.
  20. Plain old school drawings! Art Show 2019-03-08 001 (2).jpg
    "Cool Jerk"

pwschuh, Animal, Vonzemo and 23 others like this.
  21. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

How about some non-landspeed, yes I do them sometimes
    Fabian at Work.jpg Fabian at work
    And Sparks
    sparks.jpg
    These were at Fabian's old home shop, you will now find him at his San Berdo Shop

Animal, sololobo, Stogy and 23 others like this.
  22. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Bob, Love the realism of this one. When enlarged it looks like the cars could drive right off the pages.

23. philo426

philo426

24. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thank you ...my buddy took the foreground photo and I changed the background.

50 customcoupe and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Keep the posts coming. Just checked out an old "Friday Art Show" from ten years ago and it was 9 pages long.....times are a changing. Gary

Stogy, Todd Stillwell, Jigger and 3 others like this.
  26. I agree with 2NDCHANCE, the FAS has gotten a bit thin compared to past years. A lot of the regulars have dropped off . It happens, I know for me I have gotten busy doing more freelance and commission art work, quite a bit from HAMB members, which has effected my participation somewhat. But, I am seeing some new contributors so hopefully its just a cycle were going through. Anyhow, here's some pixel art I did in Microsoft PAINT. A hot rod of different sorts.

[​IMG]

HellsBells5, rooman, pwschuh and 27 others like this.
  27. I think it goes up and down over time. I for one hadn't done any artwork in quite some time...
    Just got out of the habit with work, family, and other things in life. Starting to get back at it, I have a lot of ideas! I surely won't be adding every week though. The guys that do have my admiration!

Vonzemo, Stogy, robber and 6 others like this.
  28. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

I admire the guys that post every week. I have tried and it's tuff to do. But I still check it out every week and I thank everyone for their efforts. It makes my Friday start out great. I realize some people have some amazing talents for sure (which is kind if humbling). But it's all good. Thanks to everyone. Gary

29. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Always amazed and entertained! This coming from a guy who can't draw a straight line with a ruler! Thanks FAS participant's! Joe