Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Huge Thanks to Dickster!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Low-Blow, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Low-Blow

Low-Blow

When I decided to build the 8BA, I knew that I wanted to run a dual carb setup. After searching numerous threads and talking with some different folks, I decided to contact Dick's Hot Rod Carbs. I had read how responsive he is to clients, and that was confirmed when he got back to me within a few hours of my online inquiry. I let him know up front that I am a newbie and he was very patient and took plenty of time to talk with me on the phone. He answered all of my questions (to which I'm sure he thought some were very elementary or even stupid)! He also made some suggestions and gave me several options. After our first conversation, I knew that I wanted him to do the work.
    On my next trip to Houston, I loaded up all of my parts and took them to him. After meeting him in person, I was even more impressed with the way that he communicated "clearly" with me. I stayed at his place for well over an hour, and he never once acted as if I was taking up his time. He went over with me again how the process would work and what I could expect to get back when it was all said and done. Because of my ignorance, I brought him the wrong fuel pump. Since I am using an early style manifold, the later style fuel pump would not work. Dick sourced the right pump for me, as well as the fuel pump stand, had them delivered to him, and continued to move forward (all while keeping in touch with me).
    Fast forward to today......I went by and picked up the complete setup. All I can say is WOW! I was more than pleased with the way that it turned out. He went over again everything that he did, and made sure that I was completely satisfied before he took a dime from me. I can't wait to put it on the flattie! Here are some pics that I took earlier today at the hotel. Thanks again Dickster! IMG_2883.jpg IMG_2880.jpg IMG_2881.jpg IMG_2882.jpg

Texas Webb, Max Gearhead, Tim and 2 others like this.
  2. 6inarow

6inarow

Isn't he great?? He did the dual carbs on my 235. He has always cheerfully helped me, even though I ask dumb questions.

Low-Blow, Stogy and wraymen like this.
  3. Dick is a great guy and a fountain of knowledge. He’s helped me a lot.

Walt
    Outsiders CC

Low-Blow and Stogy like this.
  4. brady1929

brady1929

He did a set up for me, I haven't installed it yet, but it looks fantastic.

Low-Blow likes this.

5. Yeah, he did a small block Chevy set up for me a few years back. Actually probably about 5 years. Rochester small base and a Fenton intake. Still working great

Low-Blow likes this.
  6. belair

belair

Yup... he did me better than right.

Low-Blow likes this.
  7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Wow that’s clean! I’d be excited to get it on that Flathead as well :)

Low-Blow likes this.
  8. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Another happy customer here! He did the intake for my A pickup.

9. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I’ve known Dick for 15 yrs.
    bought a dual carb setup from him for my first flathead. A 21 bolt.
    He spent many hours then talking me through all the issues related to running a dual carb set up. A great friend and a true hotrodder.
    [​IMG]

Low-Blow and Texas Webb like this.
  10. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Just got in touch with him to build my tripower set up, waiting to hear back, but sounds like he’s the man with such great feedback glad I did, thanks guys

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Low-Blow likes this.
  11. Oldbill51

Oldbill51

I built my own small base Rochester tri-power, and I was ready to give up and so I called him wanting a center carb built by him. He asked me a few questions and then said he thought I was very close, and advised that I do one more thing. It worked, and I have been running those carbs three years now, trouble free. Yes he is a true hotrodder and a great human being, what a combination!

Low-Blow, 6inarow and Blues4U like this.