Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Reprinting a California title

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JJK, Mar 20, 2019.

1. JJK

JJK

So I have an old photo copy of my title from the early 90s. Its has all the information clearly visible and I was curious if there is a way to reprint the title thru the Cali DMV. I have a good idea what the answer is but just seeing if anyone else has done this before.

2. CRYOMAN

CRYOMAN
    from so cal

Yep. Go down to the DMV or registration service shack and apply for a lost title. If the car is NOT already in your name, good luck.

3. alchemy

alchemy

I think the OP is in Texas.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If the title is in your name it shouldn't be much of an issue. They give several reasonable reasons for replacing it. since you should have all the info on the photocopy you should be good if it is in your name. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/d...mfZw2rA7ZD09S4HQ!/dz/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/
    On the other hand if it is just a photo copy the title and isn't in your name I'd think you are SOL unless the title is in a family member's name and you actually do have the vehicle. Meaning that you would have to have proper documentaton that you are allowed to handle things pertaining to your family member's (lets say grandfather) estate.

If you are just trying to use a photo copy of a Cali title to title a vehicle in Texas and want the original title they have a facility in Huntsville for people who try that.

5. JJK

JJK

Huntsville is nice this time of year, thanks guys.

6. Just tell 'em that you know me for some snappy service. :rolleyes: